Panic Mouse toy

Old January 16th 05, 02:06 AM
Paul O.

Default Panic Mouse toy

Went to PetSmart tonite to get cat food and saw these. Brought it home and
so far the cat loves it. Been playing with it for about an hour now. For
those of you who use Nutro Pouch it's 49 cents a pouch today.

--
Paul O.

Old January 16th 05, 04:00 AM
Mary

"Cathy Friedmann" wrote:

Which in turn makes me wonder if Paul's bought a "Da Bird" - or a "Cat
Dancer" for Dufus yet. Big hits with my cats & they don't tire of them.

Oo! What are these and where do you get them?

Old January 16th 05, 04:12 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"Mary" wrote in message
m...

"Cathy Friedmann" wrote:

Which in turn makes me wonder if Paul's bought a "Da Bird" - or a "Cat
Dancer" for Dufus yet. Big hits with my cats & they don't tire of them.

Oo! What are these and where do you get them?

The "Cat Dancer" came out first. It's just a piece of high tensile wire
with little cardboard twists at each end. When you hold one end & wave it
around, the other end goes haywire/all over the place & drives the cats
nuts. They jump around, attacking the little bits of cardboard at the end
of the wire. I got it at a local pet supply store.
http://www.catdancer.com/products.htm

"Da Bird" showed up later - it's a slightly flexible plastic rod with a
string attached at one end - on a swivel, with feathers attached at the
other end of the string. When you wave it around, it swishes in the air -
kind of realistically, a bird. Also gets the cats' attention, big-time.
I bought it (& replacement "birds" - feathers) through the Drs. Foster &
Smith catalog - either hard copy catalog, or on-line.
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...43&N=2002+2011

Cathy

Old January 19th 05, 08:13 PM
Steve G

Cathy Friedmann wrote:
(...)

The "Cat Dancer" came out first. It's just a piece of high
tensile wire with little cardboard twists at each end.

Yeah, $6 for 2c worth of materials. Cats do like it though.

(...)

"Da Bird" showed up later - it's a slightly flexible plastic
rod with a string attached at one end (...)

My cats are unimpressed with this, but they seem unusual in that
respect.

The Panic Mouse (Panic Mouse 360, aka pile of flimsy made-in-taiwan
crap) was not a success for me. One of my cats would get too close to
the swishing string, which would wrap around his tail. Said cat would
then Panic (heh), running away while dragging the whole Panic Mouse kit
behind him.

It has now been consigned to the Dusty Places Where No Cat May Venture.
S.

Old January 19th 05, 08:51 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-19, Steve G penned:

Cathy Friedmann wrote: (...)

The "Cat Dancer" came out first. It's just a piece of high tensile wire
with little cardboard twists at each end.

Yeah, $6 for 2c worth of materials. Cats do like it though.

$4, iirc. And much easier to buy than to make one myself, although I'm sure
you're right on the materials cost.

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch

Mouse behind the wall (from another group) Stormin Mormon Cat anecdotes 6 October 24th 04 10:41 PM
My cat finally caught a mouse!!!! Doe John Cat anecdotes 16 April 30th 04 04:40 AM
Onyx: A Mouse a Day Susan Zeigler Cat anecdotes 12 April 13th 04 05:30 AM
Panic Mouse Mischief Cat anecdotes 1 January 15th 04 04:44 AM
Panic mouse Victor M. Martinez Cat anecdotes 10 September 28th 03 03:03 PM