Home at last

Old December 15th 11, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Home at last

MatSav wrote:

wrote in message
MatSav wrote:

"The Bearded One", also known as Richard Branson (owner and
CEO
of Virgin Group) began his business dealings in the music
industry. 'Twas he who helped to make made Mike Oldfield (of
Tubular Bells fame) a success - and vice-versa!

I guess the company goes back pretty far in the UK, then. That
was 1974.
I don't think I heard of it until the early 90s, when I started
seeing
the Virgin music stores. Then it was the airlines. At first you
could only
fly Virgin if you were going to Europe, but I think they fly
domestically
in the US now. (But don't quote me on that.)

A friend of mine gave me her old Virgin phone, and one of these
days,
I'll get around to signing up for one of the pay-as-you-go
plans.

Ob cats - he sails a cat[amaran], and is quoted as sating
"Don't
lead sheep - herd cats" as a business philosophy - so I
suspect
he likes cats :-)

Apparently he thinks pretty well of himself, too. I mean most
people
could lead sheep, but it takes strategy and cleverness to herd
cats.

His philosophy is something like 'cats are independent
creatures - they know where they're going. The staff of my
companies shopuld be the same. I won't bully them into doing what
I want, but I will guide their direction.'

Is he well-liked, then? Among those who follow such things, that is?

--
Joyce

Cats' hearing apparatus is built to allow the human voice to easily
go in one ear and out the other. -- Stephen Baker
Old December 15th 11, 10:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

wrote:
MatSav wrote:

[...]

Well, most CEOs have big egos, maybe because a big ego is a necessary
ingredient to getting there?

Now I have Tubular Bells going through my head. As earworms go, that's
not a bad one, even if it does remind me of The Exorcist.

it will be interesting to see how well Virgin Galactic performs as a
company, based in New Mexico, they will be giving anyone with enough money,
the chance to experience space flight.

--
Adrian