Boyfie is sulking big time

Old December 5th 15, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfie is sulking big time

I got a laptop on Thursday. I needed a better computer than my old desktop
running on XP as it just couldn't cope with Facebook rpca or Youtube, as it
is unsupported by Microsoft and doesn't update Java.
He is "well" annoyed because his default position is on my lap - every time
I sit down he insists on being on my lap and going to sleep. He meatloafed
on the carpet tonight, looking at me, impressing on me that it is far more
important to have me on your knee than your new computer. I ignored him so
he went out into Storm Desmond claiming he would never come home again.
He will be home in 10 minutes, it's more than windy. He has a chair of his
own with a nice bed on very near to me and he'll have to learn to use it. I
am far too soft with this cat.

Tweed

Old December 5th 15, 07:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 12/5/2015 11:31 AM, Christina Websell wrote:
I got a laptop on Thursday. I needed a better computer than my old desktop
running on XP as it just couldn't cope with Facebook rpca or Youtube, as it
is unsupported by Microsoft and doesn't update Java.
He is "well" annoyed because his default position is on my lap - every time
I sit down he insists on being on my lap and going to sleep. He meatloafed
on the carpet tonight, looking at me, impressing on me that it is far more
important to have me on your knee than your new computer. I ignored him so
he went out into Storm Desmond claiming he would never come home again.
He will be home in 10 minutes, it's more than windy. He has a chair of his
own with a nice bed on very near to me and he'll have to learn to use it. I
am far too soft with this cat.

Tweed

I'm soft with my cats too. When I watch TV, I either crochet or work
crossword puzzles. I sit in a recliner, but like to have my knees up.
Every so often Lindy decides to sit in my lap. Then Koala wants to come
up too. They both used to end up getting down when he came up, but now
he lies on my legs, which of course I've had to straighten out. Last
night they sat there for two hours. My legs were killing me, but I
didn't want to disturb the cats.

Joy

Old December 5th 15, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

On Saturday, December 5, 2015 at 2:31:41 PM UTC-5, Christina Websell wrote:
I got a laptop on Thursday. I needed a better computer than my old desktop
running on XP as it just couldn't cope with Facebook rpca or Youtube, as it
is unsupported by Microsoft and doesn't update Java.
He is "well" annoyed because his default position is on my lap - every time
I sit down he insists on being on my lap and going to sleep. He meatloafed
on the carpet tonight, looking at me, impressing on me that it is far more
important to have me on your knee than your new computer. I ignored him so
he went out into Storm Desmond claiming he would never come home again.
He will be home in 10 minutes, it's more than windy. He has a chair of his
own with a nice bed on very near to me and he'll have to learn to use it. I
am far too soft with this cat.

Tweed

Tina, you can use your laptop as a base, plug your mouse, monitor and keyboard into it and close the cover. It will make him happy!
Old December 5th 15, 10:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
[...]

What do you mean? He is very suspicous of it even if even i close the cover
and prop it up against a chair..he hears it humming and can see himself
reflected in the shiny lid. Boyfie says no to the laptop. I say yes.
It will actually be a relief to not have him jumping on my knee the minute I
sit down as he intends to sleep there all day if he can, and I'm too polite
to say no.
So he has a real grump on.
Btw, he came back in within 5 minutes. It's horrribly windy so he decided
not leave home but he wants it noted that he "nearly" left home about the
laptop.

Tweed

Old December 5th 15, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

[...]

There should be a monitor out port on the back of the laptop, and usb ports that you can plug in your keyboard and mouse - that way, you can still use it as a base. Just plug everything in, turn on the computer and let it boot up, then close the cover.
Old December 5th 15, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/5/2015 4:16 PM, Mishi wrote:
[...]

I have my laptop sitting on a small desk. I use the laptop monitor but
have a separate keyboard and mouse. I simply cannot type comfortably on
a laptop keyboard. I dislike the touchpad "mouse" on the laptop, too.
I sit in a chair at my desk and Buffy gets in my lap.

She still gets annoyed because I'm typing. And for some reason my
watching youtube videos bugs her, even if they aren't cat videos. Oh
well! If I have to get up I say "Momma up!" and give her a pat and she
jumps down. It's rarely necessary tilt her off my lap.

Of course you can't do that if the laptop is physically sitting on your
lap. I've been using laptops for years but I've never actually used one
as a LAPtop computer.

I'm pretty soft with her, too, but hey she's got tons of toys. She
loves her golf ball. She also has a plush hedgehog toy and also a
squirrel toy filled with catnip. (She bunny-kicks the heck out of those
sometimes.) She's got crinkly mylar balls. There are plenty of other
things she can be doing. She, like Boyfie, just wants to be right there.

Jill
Old December 5th 15, 11:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Joy" wrote in message
[...]

I'm the same, would try not to disturb Boyfie if he is asleep on my knee
but now he cannot get on there.
To say he is miffed about the laptop would be an understatement. He
pretends it scares him. the lid is too shiny and it hums.
He just wants rid of anything that interferes with him being on my lap.

Old December 5th 15, 11:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/5/2015 5:47 PM, Mishi wrote:
[...]

You have to have the space for that, though, Mishi. I have a very small
desk that wouldn't support a separate monitor. My desk does have a
slide-out keyboard tray, though. So I plug in a separate keyboard and
mouse.

Buffy doesn't like it when I'm typing. More than once she has nudged
that sliding keyboard away from me.

Jill
Old December 5th 15, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 12/5/2015 2:47 PM, Mishi wrote:
[...]

But the monitor is a very important part of the computer. How can she
use the keyboard and mouse if she can't see what she is doing on the screen?
Old December 6th 15, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

I think Mishi is suggesting separate components connected to the laptop
but she mentions the monitor. I don't know why. There's no need for a
separate monitor since one is built in.

I *do* use a separate keyboard and mouse. That's just my personal
preference. Laptop keyboards feel way too cramped for me to easily
type. I dislike the touchpad mouse.

As I read it, Tweed is actually sitting with the laptop on her lap.
That's Boyfie's space! In order for Mishi's suggestion to work, as I
see it, Tweed would need to set the laptop on a small desk or a table
and have a chair for herself. The extra peripherals not required. She
could type and Boyfie could sit in her lap and see how they got in with
her being lap-free.

Jill

Persia is still sulking (partly OT) jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 10 February 12th 10 06:26 PM
Sulking badwilson Cat anecdotes 10 June 7th 06 12:57 PM
Silver's sulking Karen AKA KajiKit Cat anecdotes 0 November 27th 04 02:07 AM
Harvey Sulking Lots42 The Library Avenger Cat anecdotes 8 April 10th 04 04:09 PM
Harvey sulking Lots42 The Library Avenger Cat anecdotes 3 November 28th 03 10:43 PM