Latest on Brandy

Old August 23rd 04, 07:41 PM
mlbriggs

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:39:22 +0000, Sherry wrote:

[quoted text muted]

I think there's a place in our hearts where, after a suitable time (which is
different for everybody)....tragedy and grief just needs to be tucked away. But
the media doesn't let us do that. They make sure we are wallowing around and
re-living it as long as possible. Rant over about the media.
As horrific as the Oklahoma City bombing was, and we were living just 10 miles
away, it gives me a great deal of comfort to realize that out of all that,
there was one, tiny little victory. My daughter was 18, she got so distraught
she left school to give blood and became extremely upset there was no hands-on
help she could do. It inspired her to become an RN. She is 27 now and is the
best, smartest, most compassionate RN In the whole world. (IMO, heh)

Sherry

It also proves you are a great mother. Congrats! MLB

Old August 23rd 04, 10:03 PM
polonca12000

You have a great daughter!
Best wishes for you and your family,
--
Polonca & Soncek

snip

Old August 24th 04, 12:00 AM
SUQKRT

In article , "jmcquown"
wrote:

Prior to those tragic events, I was just fine. As the anniversary of the
9/11/2001 is coming up those horrific images will be all over the news
again. I don't plan to watch television on 9/11.

Jill

Jill to a small extent I understand your pain about 9/11, whenever the media
stages the annual reopening of the wound I want to hide. The coverage hasn't
brought me healing, only pain.

Baha purrs for both you and Brandy.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Waiting for inspiration. Please hold while I contemplate my navel.

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")

Old August 24th 04, 03:31 AM
Singh

I never understood, why such stigma? Nobody says jack if you tell them you're
diabetic, or have epilepsy. But say bipolar and people actually back away,
like they can catch the damn thing. I believe it is genetic myself; my
natural mother probably had it, and Louie's parents show symptoms of clinical
depression, which Louie also has. I was once asked not to take my medicine at
work because some considered my disorder "offensive." I told the boss right
off: "I have been sitting here for a month listening to four pregnant women
give color commentary on their morning sickness, and you people consider a
lousy handfull of pills offensive?" That put the kibosh on any more such
talk!

Blessed be!

Baha

wrote:

Christina Websell wrote:

"Singh" wrote:

Oh, I'm not the kidney gal, I'm the psycho.
Baha

whoops Sorry, I temporarily got you mixed up with CatNipped..
(sorry CN)

That's funny - I confuse these two, also. I think because they joined
RPCA at about the same time, and are both very entertaining writers whose
writing styles have *something* in common that I can't quite describe.

To have to take an anti-depressant doesn't make you a "pyscho",
whatever that is.

"Psycho" simply means "I don't understand your behavior." Seriously. I've
heard people say, "I'm not crazy, I have bi-polar disorder." or, "Just
because you have schizophrenia doesn't mean you're *crazy*." But if these
things aren't "crazy", then what is? Crazy simply refers to unusual
behavior that has not been explained. When something can be labelled
and treated, then it is no longer scary, and people don't have to be
ashamed to say they have that illness.

But why should they ever be ashamed? Wouldn't it be great if people
could make the logical leap to say: They used to think that people who
heard voices were "crazy", and then they found out that those people
have a chemical disorder called schizophrenia. And they used to think
that people whose moods changed constantly from hyped-up to catatonic
with depression were "crazy", but then they found out that those people
have a disorder called bi-polar. So maybe all the so-called weird
behaviors we still don't understand and still call "crazy" (or "psycho")
are just not-yet-explained disorders, that are no more scary or weird
or threatening than the ones that have been explained and treated. And
that we don't have to call anyone "crazy".

Or else, we're all crazy, and proud of it!

Joyce