Cat Falls 50-60 feet from a tree

Old June 28th 07, 10:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default Cat Falls 50-60 feet from a tree

http://tinyurl.com/2r8raw

Yikes! There is no follow-up about what may have happened to the cat. It
ran off into the woods after the fall. (Again, sorry about the stupid
advertising before the clip).

Jill

Old June 28th 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

jmcquown wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/2r8raw

Yikes! There is no follow-up about what may have happened to the cat. It
ran off into the woods after the fall. (Again, sorry about the stupid
advertising before the clip).

Let's hope it was okay! Although, even though they land on
their feet, cat's can sustain injuries from such a fall,
many of them actually manage to survive without incident.
Old June 28th 07, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

jmcquown wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/2r8raw

Yikes! There is no follow-up about what may have happened to the cat.
It
ran off into the woods after the fall. (Again, sorry about the stupid
advertising before the clip).

Let's hope it was okay! Although, even though they land on their feet,
cat's can sustain injuries from such a fall, many of them actually manage
to survive without incident.

I think??? I remember something about this. It was a local lost pet and the
slaves came to the fireman afterwards and thanked them for the rescue

I watched a cat jump from the top of a telephone pole before and land on
its feet with no injury in fact the furball ran right to momma's arms who
was watching across the street. She had a grip on him like steel when she
took her and the HRH to the vet.

Old June 29th 07, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

On Jun 28, 2007, Matthew wrote:

jmcquown wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/2r8raw

Yikes! There is no follow-up about what may have happened to the cat.
It
ran off into the woods after the fall. (Again, sorry about the stupid
advertising before the clip).

Let's hope it was okay! Although, even though they land on their feet,
cat's can sustain injuries from such a fall, many of them actually manage
to survive without incident.

I think??? I remember something about this. It was a local lost pet and the
slaves came to the fireman afterwards and thanked them for the rescue

I watched a cat jump from the top of a telephone pole before and land on
its feet with no injury in fact the furball ran right to momma's arms who
was watching across the street. She had a grip on him like steel when she
took her and the HRH to the vet.

You're right. This has been around for a while. The cat was fine, but it was
quite a scary drop.

--
Joey Dee from NYC

Remember: It is To Laugh

a few Ketzl pix
http://tinyurl.com/2a5u8b

Old June 29th 07, 01:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

wrote in message
Ketzl's Dad wrote:

On Jun 28, 2007, Matthew wrote:

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote in
message

jmcquown wrote:

[...]

His/Her Royal Highness in other words our masters ;-)

Old June 29th 07, 01:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

jmcquown wrote:

[...]

Sorry, it was just on my local news last night. Still scary.

Jill

Old June 29th 07, 03:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

jmcquown wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/2r8raw

Yikes! There is no follow-up about what may have happened to the
cat. It
ran off into the woods after the fall. (Again, sorry about the stupid
advertising before the clip).

Let's hope it was okay! Although, even though they land on their feet,
cat's can sustain injuries from such a fall, many of them actually
manage to survive without incident.

I have an article on a study of cats who had fallen from great heights.
It says that there is a height (equivalent to between 2 and 3 stories of
a building), where cats sustain *more* injuries than if they fall from a
greater height. This is because they have time to spread out, like a
parachute, if they have further to fall. I should dig out the article. I
know it's here somewhere. It had some amazing stories about cats who had
fallen from great heights and had made it.

Old June 29th 07, 05:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

I have an article on a study of cats who had fallen from great heights.
It says that there is a height (equivalent to between 2 and 3 stories of
a building), where cats sustain *more* injuries than if they fall from a
greater height. This is because they have time to spread out, like a
parachute, if they have further to fall. I should dig out the article. I
know it's here somewhere. It had some amazing stories about cats who had
fallen from great heights and had made it.

I read (or watched) something about that, too. Also, isn't it because
they have time to flip over in order to land feet first?

Joyce
Old June 29th 07, 05:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

wrote in message
Marina wrote:

I have an article on a study of cats who had fallen from great heights.
It says that there is a height (equivalent to between 2 and 3 stories of
a building), where cats sustain *more* injuries than if they fall from a
greater height. This is because they have time to spread out, like a
parachute, if they have further to fall. I should dig out the article. I
know it's here somewhere. It had some amazing stories about cats who had
fallen from great heights and had made it.

I read (or watched) something about that, too. Also, isn't it because
they have time to flip over in order to land feet first?

Joyce

That is what the cat I saw did it spread itself way out like a flying
squirrel does