NEED ADVICE PLEASE

Old September 7th 07, 09:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default NEED ADVICE PLEASE

I am considering moving into a room share situation. I have two
medium sized cats. One has been around dogs and is fine and the other
is a question mark. The house I'm looking at has a 4 and 1/2 month
old Rottweiler Terrier mix. The owner is training him well but I am
just wondering WHAT THE CHANCES ARE that it will attack my cats and/or
never get along with them and visa versa.

PLEASE HELP! I have to tell them today if I'm taking the room.

Thanks!

Happy

Old September 8th 07, 12:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am considering moving into a room share situation. I have two
medium sized cats. One has been around dogs and is fine and the other
is a question mark. The house I'm looking at has a 4 and 1/2 month
old Rottweiler Terrier mix. The owner is training him well but I am
just wondering WHAT THE CHANCES ARE that it will attack my cats and/or
never get along with them and visa versa.

PLEASE HELP! I have to tell them today if I'm taking the room.

Thanks!

Happy

Has the dog been around cats? If so, how did he act. What do you actually
mean when you say the owner is "training him well"? That can cover many
different types of training.

As for me...I would not want to move into a house under these circumstances
because it sounds like you really don't know how the dog will react, and
possibly not how your cats will react. Since you only mentioned taking "a
room," that also raises some possible issues.

MaryL

Old September 11th 07, 09:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

Has the dog been around cats? If so, how did he act. What do you actually
mean when you say the owner is "training him well"? That can cover many
different types of training.

As for me...I would not want to move into a house under these circumstances
because it sounds like you really don't know how the dog will react, and
possibly not how your cats will react. Since you only mentioned taking "a
room," that also raises some possible issues.

MaryL

I have to agree with Mary. Have you asked the owner about the dog's
history/temperment/etc.? Since he's young it's possible he'll adjust
to cats easily, but it could be stressful for your one cat if she/he
hasn't been around dogs before. I'd ask a lot of questions before
committing to this.

Old September 12th 07, 04:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner

On Sep 7, 4:48?pm, wrote:
I am considering moving into a room share situation. I have two
medium sized cats. One has been around dogs and is fine and the other
is a question mark. The house I'm looking at has a 4 and 1/2 month
old Rottweiler Terrier mix. The owner is training him well but I am
just wondering WHAT THE CHANCES ARE that it will attack my cats and/or
never get along with them and visa versa.

PLEASE HELP! I have to tell them today if I'm taking the room.

Thanks!

Happy

Rots are an unpredictable breed with a quarrelsome disposition and a
ungovernable temper. I see trouble in the cards for you in the near
future. My advice is to simply get rid of the cats. You can always get
new ones later. Just don't expect your new boyfriend to carry the load
by getting rid of his dogs. You're the newcomer.

IBen