OT Disenfranchised!!!!!!!!! (rant)

Old November 3rd 04, 07:47 PM
Yoj

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

News here in England is that Bush has got in again. If he had a

brain, he'd
be dangerous.
How do you USA catters like that he's managed it again, or who might

you
have wanted instead in your ideal world?

Tweed

He's dangerous anyway. It scares me to death, especially since he has
Congress and will soon pack the Supreme Court. I don't like Kerry, but
I voted for him because I felt he was less dangerous.

Joy

Old November 3rd 04, 08:17 PM
CK

Christina Websell wrote:

I've had sight problems like that too. Eyes don't swap quick enough from
light to dark, and looking into a cupboard, well.. you know what it's like.
Never mind about meters - mine are inside too - I was more bothered that I
couldn't see into my food cupboard.
I was bemoaning this to a friend in the USA and he sent me this marvellous
thing, a tiny LCD lamp that fits on to your forehead with a sort of elastic
band at the back to keep it on your head. It's fantastic. It runs for ages
on an AAA battery. 120 hours, IIRC.
No tin of baked beans escapes me now, I can see right into the back of my
cupboards with it, and can also shut up my chickens and see the path I'm
walking on to get there and back.
It's brilliant. He bought it on Amazon. You might like to see if it might
help you if it's still there. It's a tiny lamp 2 and a half inches x 1 and
half inches.
I wouldn't be without it.

Hope this helps

Tweed

There are three different head lamps on Amazon.co.uk; items 71388, 64268
and 64269. The first one is with a LED, so it might be such a small one
you are talking about, but unfortunately there is no pic available of it
on Amazon. The other two look like they had halogen-lamps.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Old November 3rd 04, 08:47 PM
Christina Websell

"CK" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

I went to look for the box it came in (Amazon box)
There was no paperwork with it but the value put on it was 24 dollars on a
sticker on the outside of the box, in case that help identify it.

Tweed

Old November 3rd 04, 11:34 PM
Elise

"Yoj" wrote in message
. com...
"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

News here in England is that Bush has got in again. If he had a

brain, he'd
be dangerous.
How do you USA catters like that he's managed it again, or who might

you
have wanted instead in your ideal world?

Tweed

He's dangerous anyway. It scares me to death, especially since he has
Congress and will soon pack the Supreme Court. I don't like Kerry, but
I voted for him because I felt he was less dangerous.

Joy

Bush also now has nothing to lose. He can't run again so there's really no
need for him to try to keep the voters happy. Short of an impeachable
offense he has free reign and all the back-up he wants from a republican
House & Senate.
Very, very scary.
--
Elise (supervised by Gossamer & Jeeves)
dragonandthistle at snet dot net

Old November 4th 04, 12:23 AM
Victor Martinez

Elise wrote:
need for him to try to keep the voters happy. Short of an impeachable
offense he has free reign and all the back-up he wants from a republican
House & Senate.

The worse thing is, in his first term he governed as if he had a clear
mandate, despite losing the popular vote. Can you imagine how he's going
to govern this time?
I just hope the democrats in the senate have enough cojones to prevent
another Scalia or Thomas from joining the Supreme Court.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he