Boyfriend must have

Old June 9th 10, 03:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Default Boyfriend must have

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

wrote in message

Many years ago my cat needed to go during a pelting rainstorm.
He sat at the
edge of the carport watching the rain until he finally looked
back at me and
meowed a protest. Then he squared his shoulders and strode into
the rain to
do his duty.

Portrait of a hero.

Wasn't he just!
Poor Boyfie had to do the same thing this morning. We've had very
fierce rain on and off since we got that thunderstorm and after he
arose from his bed to eat his brekkie when he thought he might
relieve himself outside he was horrified to find it was throwing it
down.
He went to both doors and meowed plaintively, just in case there was
better weather through the other one. But no.
He then started to to scratch the carpet. This is always a sign
that he thinks I've ignored a request. Like "didn't you hear me the
first time?"
Then he rushed upstairs with the zoomies - and rushed back down. I
knew he was desperate but I could not stop the rain.
In the end, he also squared his shoulders, like your cat, Bud and
went out.
He came back soaking wet but very relieved. I had to dry him off
with a towel.

I can't understand why he won't use a litterbox.
I know he was previously owned, he had a collar, and a very posh and
expensive one it was too.

Poor lad has to slum it with me now ;-)
I don't think he minds too much.
Tweed

You may have worked out why he left his former home. If he was meant
to be an indoor cat and insisted on going out...

I've also wondered if given his pacifist nature he might not have run
away from a home where other cats made his life miserable.

Jo

Old June 9th 10, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

Yes, a lb filled with cat litter seems to be a no-no for him.
I'm sure he knows what it's for as he 's seen KFC use it for ages, but
maybe
earth would be more to his taste.
It's what he thinks is the proper thing to *go* in.
He will wee anywhere there is soil (earth) and he only scrapes a little,
but
when it's a more important duty he uses the compost heap and digs down
Australia

Would you ever consider putting dirt (instead of litter) in the litterbox?
That might look more familiar to him and he might use it as intended.

Yes, of course. I keep meaning to. I will do it this weekend. There is no
exposed earth I can dig near the house, it's all covered with plants so I'll
wait until weekend until I can get 100 yards down the garden to my compost
heap which has degraded into the most wonderful substance that he would love
to pee in.
In an emergency only, you understand - he would not like anyone to think
that an indoor/outdoor chap would be too lazy to go outside for toilet
duties;-)
Tweed

Old June 9th 10, 05:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

wrote in message

[...]

Well, two things occur to me here.
1. It's very unlikely that if he lived anywhere close by he would have been
an indoor cat. Most British cats are allowed out.
2. If he had, in fact, been an indoor cat at any time, he would use a
litterbox with cat litter in.

I've also wondered if given his pacifist nature he might not have run away
from a home where other cats made his life miserable.

Maybe, that is very possible. However, he was an intact tom, and it just
might have been that his hormones drove him to roam too far from his home
and he could not find the way back.
Or maybe he got inside a van doing deliveries all over the country and
jumped out here. i don't know, and he's not telling..
He was just at that age (around 8 months) when he might have set off on the
path of wandering to look for girls.
If his previous hoomins had neutered him at 6 months, they might not have
lost him.
I did try to find them by advertising him on local radio and postcards in
shops but no-one came forward.

Their loss, my gain.
But because I could tell by his fantastic collar that he was well loved
somewhere, I wished they knew where he ended up and was very happy here.
It's the pits not to know where your lost cat is.

Tweed

Old June 9th 10, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

Would you ever consider putting dirt (instead of litter) in the litterbox?
That might look more familiar to him and he might use it as intended.

Yes, of course. I keep meaning to. I will do it this weekend. There is no
exposed earth I can dig near the house, it's all covered with plants so I'll
wait until weekend until I can get 100 yards down the garden to my compost
heap which has degraded into the most wonderful substance that he would love
to pee in.
In an emergency only, you understand - he would not like anyone to think
that an indoor/outdoor chap would be too lazy to go outside for toilet
duties;-)

Understood - although I didn't think laziness was the problem, but
wimpiness about water. (Although, considering the statements coming from
the Little Boy Institute of Hydrographic Studies, perhaps Boyfriend isn't
so wimpy after all. )

Joyce

--
If At First You Don't Succeed, Skydiving Isn't For You