OT Sorry

Old June 9th 10, 06:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

Default OT Sorry

On Jun 9, 12:44*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:

Thanks so much for that information - I had no idea that there WAS such an
entity! *I'm printing this out so Ben can check it out when he gets home.

Ours locally is called Western New York Independent Living. I don't
know if this is a chain of agencies, or just the one up the road, but
most regions have an advocacy office or program for people with
disabilities. They'll help clean up your resume, take you to job
interviews, and if budgets allow even provide an interview suit, as
happened with a young man at the one I used. The van I mentioned in
the earlier post was provided to a lady I know with post-polio, from a
grant. If there is a legal issue, these offices will take it up with
the employer and even go to government officials to get things moving.
A guy I know does this for a living, and once went to task with a
company for restricting religious rights to a disabled employee. These
places will do whatever is within their abilities, and funding, to get
something done for their clients. The best thing to do is start with
the United Way and they can refer you to such a place. If you can
medical documentation stating that you need voice-recognition software
as a reasonable accomodation to optimally perform your job, so mcuh
the better. Best of luck and go-get-em purrs!

Blessed be,
Baha
Old June 9th 10, 08:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gabey8[_2_]

On Jun 9, 1:56*pm, BfloPolska wrote:
[...]

OT: United Way! OMG, thank you for the idea. On a totally unrelated
note, my friend's mom is in need of a wheelchair-accessible van, as my
friend's condition is deteriorating and he's increasingly less able to
transfer from his wheelchair into the regular van they have now. But
vans cost a lot of money and CONVERTING them for wheelchair users is
as expensive as the van itself.

A few days ago, she and I were discussing this, and the fact that
there are surely grants available to help people in precisely this
situation. But neither of us could say, right off the bat, where a
grant like that might come from.

Thanks to your post, I'm sending my friend and his mom an email right
now, mentioning our local United Way. Surely they can help them track
down financial assistance for a very necessary accomodation.

Donna
Old June 9th 10, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"CatNipped" wrote in message

And again, rest that poor downtrodden shoulder! I had an A/C
separation that took years to heal, and that was because I was
stupid
and went back to physical labor too quickly. Treat yourself well!

Blessed be,
Baha

LOL. The treat yourself well was almost exactly what my doctor told
me yesterday. I apparently have a slight tear where the bicep
attaches to the tendon to the elbow on my right arm.

I am so happy that the pain isn't something that will keep me off the
computer, nothing else much matters. It should heal on its own
eventually.

Jo

Old June 10th 10, 12:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I haven't been posting because I got my @$$ handed to me from the doctor
about using my right arm. He sat down, with pictures, and showed me what
he had to do during my surgery. Besides taking out my biceps tendon, and
saw the ends off of two bones, he had to literally piece together my
rotator cuff (the rotator cuff is actually a group of tendons
criss-crossed over (or under?) the shoulder bone. To patch together the
rotator cuff, he had trim all those torn and shredded tendons; screw a
metal corkscrew into my shoulder bone and then sew each tendon and
"anchor" it to this little pin. If I were to snap one of those threads or
pull out that small pin, there would not be enough tissue left to fix it
and I would probably lose most of the use of my right arm.

I have to do *everything* with my left arm, so typing takes forever.

I forgive you for not posting Actually I haven't posted much either. I
just mostly read. I've loved the FTV series.

Speaking of biceps, 2 men that I work with recently tore their biceps within
a month of each other, and each doing something different. One playing
golf, the first one doing yard work. I would never imagine it is easy to
tear your bicep and I'm told by both of them it isn't easy, but both had to
have surgery to put the bicep back where it belongs and also have pins.

I hope you heal quickly and that the medical bills aren't completely killing
you.

I have to have surgery on one of my feet to correct bone spurs. We're all
just getting old I guess.

Take care of yourself.

Cheryl;

Old June 10th 10, 07:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"CatNipped" wrote:
I have to do *everything* with my left arm, so typing takes forever. I have
to be much more careful not to "accidentally" move my right arm for 2 more
weeks. Well, that was the date of when I was supposed to go back to work,
so the doctor "upped" my STD leave time from 6 weeks to 10 weeks, leaving me
two weeks of "active" PT so I can re-learn how to use my right arm.

Now I'm looking at 6 more weeks out of work (I'm sure my boss is "thrilled"
about that). So now I'm more worried than ever about being laid off when I
do get back.

That sounds like it was a terrible injury. And as though you didn't
have enough problems as it was!
Old June 10th 10, 04:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Takayuki" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote:
I have to do *everything* with my left arm, so typing takes forever. I
have
to be much more careful not to "accidentally" move my right arm for 2 more
weeks. Well, that was the date of when I was supposed to go back to work,
so the doctor "upped" my STD leave time from 6 weeks to 10 weeks, leaving
me
two weeks of "active" PT so I can re-learn how to use my right arm.

Now I'm looking at 6 more weeks out of work (I'm sure my boss is
"thrilled"
about that). So now I'm more worried than ever about being laid off when
do get back.

That sounds like it was a terrible injury. And as though you didn't
have enough problems as it was!

Everyone, especially my doctors, reacted with, "You had an injury THAT bad
and didn't even know about it!!?" All I can say is RSD has found another
way to f*ck with my life - I could have a terrible, life threatening injury
or illness and wouldn't know about it to fix it because the pain from the
RSD totally masks any other pain I have. The only reason I caught this one
was because *mechanically* I was unable to lift my arm above my shoulder.
Oh well, I've always known that life sucks.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old August 16th 10, 06:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I haven't been posting

You told me you
were about to commit suicide
I am not best pleased.
We only have one life. Waste it or not.

Old August 16th 10, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 18:08:15 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I haven't been posting

You told me you
were about to commit suicide
I am not best pleased.

You aren't FRAKKING PLEASED that she DIDN'T commit suicide???

Well, aren't you just a WONDERFUL example of a human being?

Well, maybe not.

We only have one life. Waste it or not.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100816-2, 08/16/2010
Tested on: 8/16/2010 3:56:48 PM

Old August 16th 10, 11:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^,,^=

(Gandalf)
On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 18:08:15 +0100, "Christina Websell"

"CatNipped"
I haven't been posting

You told me you
were about to commit suicide
I am not best pleased.

You aren't FRAKKING PLEASED that she DIDN'T commit suicide???

Well, aren't you just a WONDERFUL example of a human being?

Well, maybe not.

We only have one life. Waste it or not.

Thank you Gandalf, Websell has me in her killfile so she won't see this but
that is
a horrible thing to say to CatNipped.
Nipped and I don't get along either, but I still wish her well.
Love
Kyla

---

Old August 16th 10, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

wrote:

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I haven't been posting

You told me you
were about to commit suicide
I am not best pleased.

You aren't FRAKKING PLEASED that she DIDN'T commit suicide???

Well, aren't you just a WONDERFUL example of a human being?

Well, maybe not.

We only have one life. Waste it or not.

Um, I'm quite sure she was saying that she's not best pleased about
Catnipped's plans to kill herself, not the fact that she is still alive.
Sheesh! I think I know Tweed well enough to know she would never say
the latter.

Joyce

--
The problem with cats is that they get the exact same look on their
face whether they see a moth or an axe-murderer.