Eek! Aack! Watermonsters!

Old June 9th 10, 10:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gabey8[_2_]

Default Eek! Aack! Watermonsters!

Most of the time, the cats and the dog don't interact beyond the
occasional glance at one another.(In the cats' cases, sometimes said
glance is filled with puzzlement, as if they're still trying to
decipher what planet Mini came from. (Which is one reason why I laugh
into my hand a lot these days. ;-) ) They just have no way to read
this tiny little creature whose scent and body language differ so
widely from their own.

But one time that the cats willingly approach the dog is immediately
after we've returned from a walk. Captain and Stanley have zero
interest in experiencing The Out firsthand, thank goodness, but they
can't contain their curiosity when Mini comes in bearing the various
scents of the neighborhood. So when Mini and I come in the door,
usually one or both cats is on hand to give Mini a sniff.

Today was the first time since Mini joined our family in April that I
had to take Mini out for a walk/bathroom break while it was full-on
raining. I took an umbrella out with us, but there was just no way to
keep the dog and me entirely dry while Mini took care of necessities
and I picked up what needed removal.

When we went back into the house, Captain was right there for his
customary sniff of the dog. But he wasn't prepared for the surprise
she gave him. She shook herself vigorously, sending droplets of
moisture in every direction. Captain was no more than an inch away
from her, so he bore the full brunt of the flying spray of rainwater.

Poor kitty. He was SHOCKED and APPALLED, to say the least. He backed
up several steps, in pure horror, before running away. Between his
fuzzy ears, he must have been thinking, "Aack! Eek! WATERMONSTERS!
There's WATER coming off that bewildering little Martian creature!
It's a trap! It's an outrage! I didn't know she had the Power of
Watermonsters!"

I really felt bad for Captain. Honest. Which is why I hope he was too
busy evading the dog's aura of water to notice that I was laughing
into my hand again. ;-)

Donna, Captain and Stanley, and the now-dry Mini the Chihuahua

Old June 10th 10, 12:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

Gabey8 wrote in news:040b633b-00fb-42c4-a38d-
:

[...]

Funniest story I've read in ages!

Bobble
Old June 10th 10, 02:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Gabey8" wrote in message
[...]

Now that's funny.

Kayla always manages to wait to do the wet dog shake until I'm in the
target zone. You can't tell me she doesn't know what she's doing.

Jo

Old June 10th 10, 02:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 14:48:08 -0700 (PDT), Gabey8
wrote:

[...]

Yikes! I can imagine what my cats would do, and looking shocked and
running away certainly is at the top of the list.