OT The Smoke is White

Old April 19th 05, 05:09 PM
Kreisleriana

Default OT The Smoke is White

Just heard a live BBC feed from the Vatican-- the smoke is white, and
the bells were audible. There seems to be a new Pope.

Theresa
Old April 19th 05, 05:42 PM
Gabey8

Thanks for the head's up! I'm headed over to put CNN on right now!

Old April 19th 05, 05:47 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Kreisleriana wrote:
Just heard a live BBC feed from the Vatican-- the smoke is white, and
the bells were audible. There seems to be a new Pope.

Theresa

Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, Benedict XVI.

Smokie Darling (Annie) - Not a great Catholic, but I am Catholic (and
LDS, oddly enough).

Old April 19th 05, 06:02 PM
Mathew Kagis

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
oups.com...

Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, Benedict XVI.

Known as Cardinal "NO". Ultra conservative.... Much of the same when it
comes to Vatican policy, less interesting than John Paul II in personality &
public persona.
--

Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat

Old April 19th 05, 06:08 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 17:02:16 GMT, "Mathew Kagis"
yodeled:

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
roups.com...

Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, Benedict XVI.

Known as Cardinal "NO". Ultra conservative.... Much of the same when it
comes to Vatican policy, less interesting than John Paul II in personality &
public persona.

He's 78.

Theresa
Old April 19th 05, 06:10 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Mathew Kagis wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
oups.com...

Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, Benedict XVI.

Known as Cardinal "NO". Ultra conservative.... Much of the same

when it
comes to Vatican policy, less interesting than John Paul II in

personality &
public persona.
--

Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat
En Vino Veritas

Yep, listening to Fox (Faux, if you prefer) News, you can actually hear
the spin. "He's a traditionalist", "A better choice for name might
have been Pius", "A great sign that election was a quick election, the
church is united", and on and on.

But still, I cried with a bit of joy. Odd, considering I am not a
practicing religious person. My mother would be a bit dismayed by this
election, I think. She really liked the personality of John Paul II.

Smokie Darling (Annie) - The Italian Cardinals supposedly will nickname
him Papa Razzo (?)

Old April 19th 05, 06:25 PM
mlbriggs

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:09:11 -0400, Kreisleriana wrote:

Just heard a live BBC feed from the Vatican-- the smoke is white, and the
bells were audible. There seems to be a new Pope.

Theresa
Stinky Pictures: http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh My
Blog: http://www.humanitas.blogspot.com

Thanks for the alert. I went into the other room to watch on TV. When
the new pope started to speak, I glanced at my wall clock and the pendulum
stopped swinging just then. I got up and rewound it and restarted it at 10:46 (guessed the time). Omen? I don't really believe in omens
and I am not Catholic. But in case it is an omen, could it mean starting
anew? MLB