Toygers, the new cat breed

Old July 8th 07, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

Default Toygers, the new cat breed

"Sugden doesn't like to publicize the location of her cattery, for
fear of wire-cutting animal-rights activists."
Umm..what she means is kitten thieving, her expensive product
(kittens) from being stolen for ransom etc

There was a case in Britain about a year ago of a Turkish Van tom
valued at five figures being kittynapped. (Supposedly there aren't
many left after a disease epidemic).

If she's just breeding cats for sale (and with no suggestion of
neglect they do look superbly turned out) why should a horde of wire-
cutting animal rights activists bother her? I think they have better
wires to cut....they, like us, might not approve of this sort of thing
but I doubt they would do this then again is this some sort of weird
selling point?

Sound like a publicity stunt to me. Like this one in the musical
domain: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/tyne/4075998.stm

Death threats? Yeah, right. Like when the Northumbrian piping
*establishment* includes this guy (gross warning!):

http://www.ceolupnorth.co.uk/gallery/pages/adrian.htm

they're going to be bothered about somebody playing rock on it?

Old July 8th 07, 06:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

On Jul 7, 1:24 pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"Shiral" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Jul 6, 10:22 pm, (Gandalf) wrote:
On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 10:55:24 -0700, KoningPrint
wrote:

http://www.toygers.nl

Just way, way too much money for a cat.

Yes, I like to look at purebred cats, but I'll take a stray, or shelter
cat. Tabbies, tuxedos, marmalade, calico, tortie, all white, all black,
all gray. A mixture of all of the preceeding...I love them ALL.

Any moggie.

Just think how may shelter cats could be adopted for the cost of ONE of
those pretty, but horribly expensive, cats?

Maybe, just maybe, I might be tempted to buy an applehead
Siamese....they're not too expensive, and retired breeders are fairly
cheap...but I doubt it.

When I have a day off of work, I go visit the cats at the local inHumane
Society.

I want to take them all home!

I'm with Gandalf-

Me, too.

-The only one of my cats who wasn't adopted from the

pound was Nina. IF I were to ever get a fancy purebred cat, it would
be a Bengal, but I see no need to plonk that kind of money down right
now.

Mine would be a Havana, as I said in a previous post. That would be pure
indulgence though. My home and set-up is ideal for ex-ferals who no-one
will give a chance to and that's what I will have again.
I don't mind if my cats are not all over me for lovin all the time, it suits
me fine. I don't want an "in yer face" cat.

I wouldn't want an "in yer face" cat all the time, but I always DO
feel flattered and loved whenever Nina or Francesca curl up in my lap
while I'm in my easy chair. =o) Francesca, even then is more of a
lady, but Nina is always giving me headbutts and insisting on love.
She never stays very long, though. =o)

It suits my cats well too, KFC is fierce if pressed for strokings when it is
not her idea and Boyfie is shy still.

My dear moggie girls provide ample beauty and companionship.

Exactly.

Tweed- Hide quoted text -

I hate to consider what might have happened to Francesca if she hadn't
been adopted by me! Would she have then been rejected because of her
pregnancy and her kitten with her? Just as well we are all living a
happy ever after ending instead!

Melissa

Old July 8th 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sheelagh

On 7 Jul, 01:45, mlbriggs wrote:
On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 17:20:58 -0700, jofirey wrote:

"KoningPrint" wrote in message
roups.com...
Watch these great new cats:

http://www.toygers.nl

OK I looked expecting to see unusual cats. I think Bengalis are gorgeous
although I wouldn't have one on a bet.

But someone correct me if I'm wrong. But don't we already HAVE tiger
stripped cats? Lots and lots of tiger striped cats? Darn near everything
I saw had pretty much the same marking you can see at animal shelters
every day.

And I didn't see a one in their lot of experiments that had what anyone
without a great deal of imagination could call an orange background with
black stripes anyway.

Now I'm going to feed my perfectly good orange and white and tabby calico.

-------------------------

I, personally like the one with the grapefruit helmet. MLB- Hide quoted text -

Lots of Lol's

Of course there is another way of looking @ this.
Mrs Whats- Her- Name spent a huge amount of her personal money just to
achieve a glorified Tabby. Now how foolish is that?
Sheelagh

Old July 8th 07, 06:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"sheelagh" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 7 Jul, 01:45, mlbriggs wrote:
[...]

Especially when they are working with Bengal's to do it. There has already
been a fortune invested in developing that breed with spots!

I at least get the point of Bengals. They are beautiful and they are
different. They can just be awfully difficult to own.

Jo

Old July 8th 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

jofirey wrote:

I at least get the point of Bengals. They are beautiful and they are
different. They can just be awfully difficult to own.

A couple of years ago I was visiting someone, and as I was getting out
of my car, I noticed a beautiful cat in a next-door neighbor's yard.
I was pretty sure it was a Bengal, from the coloring and markings. The
cat came up to the edge of the yard and poked its head out of the fence.
That cat could easily have squeezed throught that fence and gone off
walking down the street. I can't believe its humans let such a
monetarily valuable cat outside unguarded - someone could have easily
walked off with it.

Joyce
Old July 9th 07, 04:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jul 8, 3:18 pm, wrote:
jofirey wrote:

I at least get the point of Bengals. They are beautiful and they are
different. They can just be awfully difficult to own.

A couple of years ago I was visiting someone, and as I was getting out
of my car, I noticed a beautiful cat in a next-door neighbor's yard.
I was pretty sure it was a Bengal, from the coloring and markings. The
cat came up to the edge of the yard and poked its head out of the fence.
That cat could easily have squeezed throught that fence and gone off
walking down the street. I can't believe its humans let such a
monetarily valuable cat outside unguarded - someone could have easily
walked off with it.

Joyce

I have seen so many purebred cats end up at the shelter. No Bengals
yet, but
plenty of persians, orientals, "new" Siamese, a Devon Rex, a Korat
once, a Himi, all with
papers. People get these cats because they're trendy, or they've seen
some
movie, and they *think* they want one. Then I guess they realize too
late that
they're cats. They are cats. They pee, they poop, and they shed. Then
the
honeymoon's over and they don't care what happens to them as long as
they're
not the ones cleaning up after them.

Sherry

Old July 9th 07, 11:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

I at least get the point of Bengals. They are beautiful and they
are different. They can just be awfully difficult to own.

I noticed a beautiful cat in a next-door neighbor's yard. I was
pretty sure it was a Bengal, from the coloring and markings. The
cat came up to the edge of the yard and poked its head out of the
fence. That cat could easily have squeezed throught that fence
and gone off walking down the street. I can't believe its humans
let such a monetarily valuable cat outside unguarded - someone
could have easily walked off with it.

There was something like that in the mostly-working-class area of Glasgow
I used to live in. Somebody had a Persian that used to be a well-known
local character. Then one day an expensively dressed woman in a very
expensive car came down the road, scooped it up, and that was the last
anybody heard of it. (I've never yet met a Persian that was afraid of
strangers, they really oughta learn).

I have seen so many purebred cats end up at the shelter. No Bengals
yet, but plenty of persians, orientals, "new" Siamese, a Devon Rex,
a Korat once, a Himi, all with papers. People get these cats because
they're trendy, or they've seen some movie, and they *think* they
want one. Then I guess they realize too late that they're cats. They
are cats. They pee, they poop, and they shed. Then the honeymoon's
over and they don't care what happens to them as long as they're
not the ones cleaning up after them.

The other thing cats do is *escape* - a large proportion of these
pedigrees must simply have got lost. Our Muriel must have done
that as she didn't have any papers.

Our vet has a strange one as one of their office cats. She's a moggy-
Bengal cross; she came from a family who intended to produce a litter
of them, and thought their Bengal female had had three. Except that
the kids kept saying she had four when they saw her outside. It turned
out that she'd kept one kitten hidden from the adult humans, and it
grew up feral in their garden, ending up at the vet after being caught
a couple of miles away. She's the most placid thing imaginable now.