The things you come across on Usenet (cats)

Old July 9th 07, 01:36 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sean Black

Default The things you come across on Usenet (cats)

In article om, bookie
writes
On 7 Jul, 23:27, "William Graham" wrote:
"Baldoni @googlemail.com" baldoniXXVnil wrote in message

...I would never let any
of my cats wear a collar.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/control-pet-cats/

Saying that the people in the UK are watched and spied upon by Govt
agencies, who knows what is next. Camera's in trees !

--
Count Baldoni

Any country that has nothing better to do than catch cats to make sure they
have collars with one or more regulation bells on them deserves to die a
natural death and be taken over by some country whose management has better
things to do....GB is no exception.........

believe me, we the british public also think this is a pile of crap so
it won't go through, you will probably find it is something to dow ith
the EU forcing some sort of unenforceable and pointless ruling onto
us, the EU is usually the cause of idiotic things like this

This site is nothing more than a Government PR exercise which will
change nothing.

Anyone can enter a petition about anything on there, with the Government
supposedly takes notice of.

Recently there was one against road pricing that a couple of million
people signed, I believe. A few days after the petition closed the
Government announced it was pressing ahead with road pricing trials.
--
Sean Black
Old July 9th 07, 01:39 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sean Black

In message . com,
bookie writes
On 7 Jul, 13:36, Baldoni wrote:
I would never let any of my cats wear a collar.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/control-pet-cats/

Saying that the people in the UK are watched and spied upon by Govt
agencies, who knows what is next. Camera's in trees !

--
Count Baldoni

what a load of ********! I too would never oput a collar on a cat, I
think it is unnecessary and utterly inhumane to put something like
that on any animal, trying to mark out another animal as something we
'own' when i believe that no animal onthis earth has to right to think
it 'owns' any other, utterly despicable practise.

The reason my two cats have collars, is because besides a name tag with
our phone number, should either of them get lost or hurt, they have a
magnetic key to allow them (and not every other cat in the
neighbourhood) entry through the cat flap, allowing them to come and go
if they please. Nothing to do with marking ownership.
--
Sean Black
Old July 9th 07, 02:10 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 9 Jul, 13:39, Sean Black wrote:
In message . com,
bookie writes

On 7 Jul, 13:36, Baldoni wrote:
[...]

Sean Black- Hide quoted text -

my cats don't go far enough to warrant a collar anyway. it is a
gorgeous day here right now, first rain free sunny day we have had for
weeks and where are my 2 girls? yup, one is stretched out onthe end of
my bed snoozing, and the other is fast asleep onthe sofa downstairs,
neither has any desire to go outside and enjoy the sun even though the
back door is wide open for them.

i feel like being my own mother and telling them to 'get yourselves
outside in the fresh air and get some sun and exercise!' but the views
of jessei flopped out nothe end of my bed behind me , mouth slightly
open , one paw over her pink nose, is too cute to disturb

Old July 9th 07, 06:08 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
William Graham

"Sean Black" wrote in message
[...]

If by, "road pricing" you mean stopping autos and collecting money from the
drivers, then it is a real PIA.....We do that on selected roads here on the
East coast. - A very inefficient process. Obviously, the best way to pay for
things like that is through gasoline taxes. When millions of cars have to
come to a stop and re-accelerate back up to speed every year, much gasoline
is just being thrown away......

Old July 9th 07, 06:13 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
William Graham

"Sean Black" wrote in message
In message . com, bookie
writes
On 7 Jul, 13:36, Baldoni wrote:
[...]

An excellent idea! - I don't believe such a device is for sale here in the
US....I could use it, (If my feral male could keep a collar on) so the
raccoons wouldn't be able to come in the house....Right now, I have to
depend on my, "watch cats" to prevent that.......

Old July 9th 07, 06:17 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
William Graham

oups.com...

On 7 Jul, 13:36, Baldoni wrote:
[...]

It's a good thing cats are such cute animals....If they weren't, few would
be able to stand their obnoxious personalities, and there would be millions
less of them kept as pets.....:^)

Old July 9th 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Which one of you started this freaking debate again?

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from sheelagh contains these
words:

(and Sheelagh, "*******" doesn't have an apostrophe!)

LOL.
I thought being the plural, they would?

Only if your a greengrocer! Plurality is _never_ a case
for apostrophising!

And if we're going to be the spelling/grammar police, "you are" into a
contraction is "you're" and there's no such word as "apostrophising". ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
AnneJ

If you don't quit, and don't cheat, and don't run home
when trouble arrives, you can only win.
~Shelley Long

Old July 9th 07, 09:31 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"William Graham" wrote
It's a good thing cats are such cute animals....If they weren't, few would
be able to stand their obnoxious personalities, and there would be
millions less of them kept as pets.....:^)

You are such a moron.

Old July 9th 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from "CatNipped" contains
these words:
"Anne Jackson" wrote:
The message from sheelagh contains
these
words:

(and Sheelagh, "*******" doesn't have an apostrophe!)

LOL.
I thought being the plural, they would?

Only if your a greengrocer! Plurality is _never_ a case
for apostrophising!

And if we're going to be the spelling/grammar police, "you are" into a
contraction is "you're" and there's no such word as "apostrophising". ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

It's traditional that a spelling correction should contain a spelling
mistake,
and *of course* 'apostrophising' is a word! I just invented it!!
Sheesh...

LOL!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 10th 07, 12:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 9 Jul, 00:04, "Stacey Weinberger" wrote:
Nobody 'started it'. Someone half-inched a thread from uk.rec.gardening!

(and Sheelagh, "*******" doesn't have an apostrophe!)

--
AnneJ

If you don't quit, and don't cheat, and don't run home
when trouble arrives, you can only win.
~Shelley Long- Hide quoted text -

LOL.
I thought being the plural, they would?
But then again, I haven't been reading or writing for that long, so
you are probably correct, & I am wrong. You live and learn as they
say!!
sorry!
Sheelagh )

Never. This is a new perversion of the language. You see a lot of that
lately along with confusing then with than, your with you're, The apostrophe
denotes possession or a contraction.

Stacey- Hide quoted text -

OK, now I am really confused.
Which one has the right way of spelling it?
Arguments over spelling are no fun at all.
I was only trying to say that a Tosser means the same in the UK as it
does in the USA, that is is all?
sheelagh