The things you come across on Usenet (cats)

Old July 10th 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

Default Which one of you started this freaking debate again?

On 10 Jul, 00:54, sheelagh wrote:
On 9 Jul, 00:04, "Stacey Weinberger" wrote:

Nobody 'started it'. Someone half-inched a thread from uk.rec.gardening!

(and Sheelagh, "*******" doesn't have an apostrophe!)

--
AnneJ

If you don't quit, and don't cheat, and don't run home
when trouble arrives, you can only win.
~Shelley Long- Hide quoted text -

LOL.
I thought being the plural, they would?
But then again, I haven't been reading or writing for that long, so
you are probably correct, & I am wrong. You live and learn as they
say!!
sorry!
Sheelagh )

Never. This is a new perversion of the language. You see a lot of that
lately along with confusing then with than, your with you're, The apostrophe
denotes possession or a contraction.

Stacey- Hide quoted text -

OK, now I am really confused.
Which one has the right way of spelling it?
Arguments over spelling are no fun at all.
I was only trying to say that a Tosser means the same in the UK as it
does in the USA, that is is all?
sheelagh- Hide quoted text -

just use 'pillock' and be done with it

Old July 10th 07, 01:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

"bookie" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Barry is not ;-)

Old July 10th 07, 12:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
My Shangri-La

Matthew wrote:

Barry is not ;-)

it's cost me more than one job, showing up late

I like to dance in the mirror to some kc and the sunshine band

the cats like to dance too

Old July 10th 07, 01:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 10 Jul, 01:27, bookie wrote:
[...]

just use 'pillock' and be done with it- Hide quoted text -

" PILLOCK"
There, thread over....
(I doubt it, but you can't say I didn't try)
Sheelagh

Old July 10th 07, 01:29 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sean Black

Default The things you come across on Usenet (cats)

In message , William
Graham writes

"Sean Black" wrote in message
In article om, bookie
writes
On 7 Jul, 23:27, "William Graham" wrote:
"Baldoni @googlemail.com" baldoniXXVnil wrote in message

...I would never let any of
my cats wear a collar.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/control-pet-cats/

Saying that the people in the UK are watched and spied upon by Govt
agencies, who knows what is next. Camera's in trees !

--
Count Baldoni

Any country that has nothing better to do than catch cats to make sure
they
have collars with one or more regulation bells on them deserves to die a
natural death and be taken over by some country whose management has
better
things to do....GB is no exception.........

believe me, we the british public also think this is a pile of crap so
it won't go through, you will probably find it is something to dow ith
the EU forcing some sort of unenforceable and pointless ruling onto
us, the EU is usually the cause of idiotic things like this

This site is nothing more than a Government PR exercise which will change
nothing.

Anyone can enter a petition about anything on there, with the Government
supposedly takes notice of.

Recently there was one against road pricing that a couple of million
people signed, I believe. A few days after the petition closed the
Government announced it was pressing ahead with road pricing trials.
--
Sean Black

If by, "road pricing" you mean stopping autos and collecting money from the
drivers, then it is a real PIA.....We do that on selected roads here on the
East coast. - A very inefficient process. Obviously, the best way to pay for
things like that is through gasoline taxes. When millions of cars have to
come to a stop and re-accelerate back up to speed every year, much gasoline
is just being thrown away......

Nope, what they have in mind is fitting a "black box" to every car,
tracking when and where it goes and charging per mile, at varying rates
(depending on type of road/time of day etc...) and billing you. A few
pence a mile for smaller roads at off-peak times, rising to (I've heard)
£1.34 (something over $2) per mile on motorways at peak times.

Leaving aside the whole Big Brother aspect of having all your movements
tracked, if they bring that in at those sort of prices, there'll be
plenty of people that wouldn't be able to afford to go to work, even if
they wanted to (me included).

--
Sean Black
Old July 10th 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 10 Jul, 01:53, "Matthew" wrote:
"bookie" wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

Barry is not ;-)- Hide quoted text -

You know something...
I noticed that too....LOL
Sheelagh

Old July 10th 07, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
My Shangri-La

sheelagh wrote:

You know something...
I noticed that too....LOL
Sheelagh

you did exactly what I knew you would do

you sent charlie, and probably everybody else a copy of my email
but you forgot to fwd your reply

Im not going to post it. I never will.

Why did you quote the part you did, "be nice to people then smash
them"
come on now, you should have copied paragraph before and after...
you know that... You just asked me a question in another thread, here
is one for you,

what made you think of those words, out of all the replies, why those
words...?

Old July 10th 07, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"My Shangri-La" wrote in message
ps.com...

sheelagh wrote:

You know something...
I noticed that too....LOL
Sheelagh

you did exactly what I knew you would do

you sent charlie, and probably everybody else a copy of my email
but you forgot to fwd your reply

Im not going to post it. I never will.

Why did you quote the part you did, "be nice to people then smash
them"
come on now, you should have copied paragraph before and after...
you know that... You just asked me a question in another thread, here
is one for you,

what made you think of those words, out of all the replies, why those
words...?

You live for this ****. You create drama because you are empty, sick, and
sad. The most horrible thing is that you have to display it to the world.

Old July 10th 07, 10:05 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
....Baldoni

Matthew brought next idea :
Here we go again another newbie starts a thread. Someone says keep your
cats in or out and this BS debate of inside or out starts again. And all of
you jump on the band wagon it is getting pretty pathetic that you all do
this. And now with the cross posting it gets even worse.

Would you all get over it People over seas have a different view point you
will never change it. People here have a different view point you will never
change it. You can't debate or even discuss it rational as past threads and
this one have proven time and time again. You all ended up acting like how
do the British say it a bunch of *******.

Don't get me wrong here mate but the post was about a guy wasting his
time with a petition that cats should be made to wear bells. If people
want to rack on about cats being kept in or out that is not of
consequence to me and is not done on my account. :-)

--
Count Baldoni

Old July 10th 07, 10:19 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
William Graham

"Sean Black" wrote in message
In message , William Graham
writes

"Sean Black" wrote in message
[...]

Taxes on gasoline do the same thing, and much more easily....Besides, they
encourage driving vehicles that get better mileage, too......The smaller and
lighter and more efficient your vehicle, the less you have to pay, and this
is as it should be, because the less wear and tear on the roads, and the
less pollution you emit into the air, too. Why mess with a system as good as
this?
Here in the US, people are still driving their huge SUV's around, but
then gasoline is still very cheap. It was 20 cents a gallon back in 1950,
and now, some 50 years later, when it should be over $5.00 a gallon, it is
still only $3.00 a gallon....So, people are complaining about
nothing........