Boyfie & Tigger

Old August 20th 13, 07:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfie & Tigger

Went to TED's yesterday.
Both passed their physical exam with flying colours. Alison the vet says
Boyfie's teeth are exceptional for his age.

We took some pics on Claire's camera.. the vet was happy for us to do it
and was amused that Boyfie has an online following.

Boyfie came out of his box flatcat. Tigger came out swaggering but soon went
flatcat with sweaty paws.

They both had their injections without noticing and we were asked if they
hunted and ate prey, we said yes so they got a tapeworm tablet each which
was also put down their throat when their teeth were being looked at (also
without them noticing)

Boyfie weighs 4.5kgs, Tigger is 5.5 kgs.

Claire has the photos, she'll send them to me at some point.

They were both Very Brave Boys..the vet said so ;-)

Tweed

Old August 20th 13, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

Went to TED's yesterday.
Both passed their physical exam with flying colours. Alison the vet says
Boyfie's teeth are exceptional for his age.

We took some pics on Claire's camera.. the vet was happy for us to do it
and was amused that Boyfie has an online following.

Boyfie came out of his box flatcat. Tigger came out swaggering but soon went
flatcat with sweaty paws.

They both had their injections without noticing and we were asked if they
hunted and ate prey, we said yes so they got a tapeworm tablet each which
was also put down their throat when their teeth were being looked at (also
without them noticing)

Boyfie weighs 4.5kgs, Tigger is 5.5 kgs.

Claire has the photos, she'll send them to me at some point.

They were both Very Brave Boys..the vet said so ;-)

Could Boyfie be getting braver? It sounds like he did OK there.
I'm glad he's in such good health.

LOL at your description of Tigger coming out swaggering before he
"went flatcat." I like that expression, and might use it on hot days
when both of my cats "go flatcat." (They don't do that when scared,
just when they're hot.)

--
Joyce

Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good
many ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia.
-- Joseph Wood Krutch
Old August 20th 13, 09:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

the term flatcat is not to used unless you have a terrified cat on a vet's
table that is so frightened that it can't get up.
That's a flatcat.
Don't use it for anything else.
Both Boyfie & Tigger did flatcat yesterday.
I invented this term myself (or did I?)

Old August 20th 13, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

No

It sounds like he did OK there.
I'm glad he's in such good health.

I was asked if he had a good appetite
I said yes

LOL at your description of Tigger coming out swaggering before he
"went flatcat." I like that expression, and might use it on hot days
when both of my cats "go flatcat." (They don't do that when scared,
just when they're hot.)

Tigger is a very regal cat and is very clear about it, so lt's not mentioned
about how he became flatcat at the vets.
Boyfie doesn't swagger, he just says "please don't kill me"

They are both back home for another year saying "phew"
They don't know each other so we put their boxes so they can't see each
other They certainly know each others voices as they both scream their
heads off on the way to TED.

Old August 21st 13, 12:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

the term flatcat is not to used unless you have a terrified cat on a vet's
table that is so frightened that it can't get up.
That's a flatcat.
Don't use it for anything else.

LOL! You haven't seen my cats on a really hot day. They lie on their side,
and I swear, their body width gets thinner and thinner until they start to
look 2-dimensional. It's a fairly reliable measure of the temperature, in
fact. The flatter the cat, the hotter the temp.

--
Joyce

The sun rose slowly, like a fiery furball coughed up uneasily onto a
sky-blue carpet by a giant unseen cat. -- Michael McGarel
Old August 21st 13, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Went to TED's yesterday.
Both passed their physical exam with flying colours. Alison the vet says
Boyfie's teeth are exceptional for his age.

Excellent news!

We took some pics on Claire's camera.. the vet was happy for us to do it
and was amused that Boyfie has an online following.

He certainly does!

Boyfie came out of his box flatcat. Tigger came out swaggering but soon went
flatcat with sweaty paws.

Persia tries to jump right back into the carrier. She can't be allowed
to see it once she's been removed or she'll try to get back in it. Take
me home! I feel so bad for her.

They both had their injections without noticing and we were asked if they
hunted and ate prey, we said yes so they got a tapeworm tablet each which
was also put down their throat when their teeth were being looked at (also
without them noticing)

I'm glad they each got a tablet for tapeworm. John's cat, Precious, had
a tapeworm. It sounded quite disgusting from his description of the
x-ray. It must have been very unpleasant for Precious.

Boyfie weighs 4.5kgs, Tigger is 5.5 kgs.

In rough US weights, Boyfie is about 9 lbs. and Tigger 12 lbs. Not bad
for healthy, active cats. I don't know why I've been under the
impression cats in the UK are much smaller than US cats. Silly of me.

Claire has the photos, she'll send them to me at some point.

They were both Very Brave Boys..the vet said so ;-)

Tweed

I'd love to see the pictures. I'm glad the vet visit turned out well
for both of them!

Jill
Old August 21st 13, 12:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:

I hope, Boyfie, wasn't too traumatised, I'm glad to hear he's healthy.
--
Adrian

I felt terrible for snatching him out of his bedroom but I told him It Was
For His Own Good.
Which it was.
He's had his jabs now for another year. I hadn't thought about tapeworms,
but it makes sense if hwe eats prey so his tablet will prevent that.
You should have seen the vet put that tab down his throat! In an instant
and he didn't notice. She just asked me to hold his front legs together, I
think she thought he might scratch (no way).
So it's all over for another year. Thank goodness.
When I brought him home I let him out of his box and for 30 seconds or so he
didn't realise he was home. He came out expecting what? another nasty
experience from his box, I suppose.

Tweed

Old August 21st 13, 01:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

yes, it all turned out well. Maisie the dog has her appt for next Tuesday.
This will be less than fun.

Old August 22nd 13, 02:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Boyfie weighs 4.5kgs, Tigger is 5.5 kgs.

In rough US weights, Boyfie is about 9 lbs. and Tigger 12 lbs. Not bad
for healthy, active cats. I don't know why I've been under the impression
cats in the UK are much smaller than US cats. Silly of me.

I think Boyfie is an average weight, Tigger is a big cat, the vet remarked
on it when he came out of his box.
You might think US cats are bigger because there are so many Maine Coone
mixes which we don't get here.
Tigger & Boyfie are known as Domestic shorthairs, ordinary cats with no
known pedigree.

Tigger had quite a good start, he was adopted as a kitten and has never seen
a hungry day in his life.
Boyfie got lost as a teenager, I'm not sure how long for and he had many
many hungry days and weeks so maybe that's why he's not as big as Tigger
now.
As we say, he'd had more days than dinners.

Tweed

Old August 22nd 13, 11:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie

Tigger & Boyfie are known as Domestic shorthairs, ordinary cats with no
known pedigree.

Smudgie is classed as a "moggy" on her Insurance Certificate, "domestic
shorthair" has so much more class to it! I daren't tell her

Sharon

Tigger AlisonT Cat anecdotes 4 January 31st 09 04:58 AM
Tigger update 2 Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 25 November 10th 07 10:19 PM
Purrs for Tigger, please? Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 89 November 2nd 07 02:07 PM
Tigger update Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 12 November 1st 07 02:02 AM