Purrs Request for Sootie

Old September 15th 11, 12:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie

Default Purrs Request for Sootie

About 2 years ago the shelter where I volunteer took in a stray cat, who
they named Mrs Tufty. About 2 days after she arrived she gave birth to 3
lovely kittens. The kittens all found homes once they were old enough but
Mrs Tufty remained at the shelter for another 18 months, always overlooked
when someone came to choose a new kitty. She became very withdrawn and
would spend a lot of her time hiding away. My daughter has a friend called
Jill who she brought up to the shelter earlier this year. Jill fell in love
with Mrs Tufty and took her home. It was a perfect match, Jill is an older
lady who is home all day and therefore had lots of time and patience to
bring Mrs Tufty out of her shell. Mrs Tufty was re-named Sootie and did
come out of her shell beautifully, she became a cuddly cat and soon had Jill
perfectly trained to pander to her every whim.

In recent weeks Sootie has been off her food. She has been to the vet
numerous times as antibiotics were not helping so today Sootie went in for
anaesthesia so the vet could take xrays, look down her throat etc.
Unfortunately during the examination the vet has found 3 large cancerous
tumours in her throat so the decision has been made to put her to sleep.

I am so, so sad. This poor little lady had finally found the fabulous home
she deserved yet spent such a short time there. Could I please ask for
purrs for Sootie's safe journey to the bridge, that all her former shelter
buddies there will be waiting to meet her and for Jill's breaking heart?

Thank you
Sharon & Smudgie

Old September 15th 11, 01:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Sep 15, 12:41*pm, "Sharon & Smudgie" wrote:

I am so, so sad. *This poor little lady had finally found the fabulous home
she deserved yet spent such a short time there. *Could I please ask for
purrs for Sootie's safe journey to the bridge, that all her former shelter
buddies there will be waiting to meet her and for Jill's breaking heart?

This is too sad for words- obviously purrs on their way

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old September 15th 11, 01:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Sharon & Smudgie" wrote in message
[...]

Many purrs on the way for your friend and for Sootie's crossing over the
bridge.

Jill

Old September 15th 11, 04:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Sep 15, 7:41*am, "Sharon & Smudgie" wrote:
[...]

That short time was a preview of the Bridge and now she can settle
down and wait for Jill and tell everyone there that she had the
perfect full-time human Mommie. All the cats whose humans disappear
for HOURS every day will be envious and they will want to meet Jill
when she gets there.

Waiting is.

--
Will in New Haven

Old September 15th 11, 05:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On 09/15/2011 05:41 AM, Sharon & Smudgie wrote:
[...]

"....Rise up slowly, Angel..."
It's hard to let you go.
Sincere condolences. MLB
Old September 15th 11, 06:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 12:41:04 +0100, "Sharon & Smudgie"
wrote:

[...]

Yes, purrs on the way, but it isn't all sad. She did find her forever
home and got to enjoy her life at the end. It's sort of like when I
adopted Jackie, a sick old scrawny girl. She also died after too short
a time, but she had her home and ruled it well during her reign.
Old September 15th 11, 07:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 9/15/2011 6:41 AM, Sharon & Smudgie wrote:
[...]

Oh that poor, poor baby! I'm *SO* glad she found the love she so justly
deserved before going to the Bridge. Hy heart goes out to Jill and I'm
sharing her years. Purrs for Jill's breaking heart and a candle will be
lighted to help Sootie find her way to the Bridge where she'll be
joyfully met by Prissy Sissy, Percy, Bandit, Hunter and Sammy. May they
enjoy the sunshine and butterflies until their humans can come to claim
them again.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old September 15th 11, 08:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

[...]

Purrs for Sootie's swift journey to RB and for Jill's heart.
She was a lucky cat to be adopted by such a loving meowmie so at least her
last few months were very happy.
This is a touching story and I have just lit a little candle to guide her
way. It is mistletoe scented.
I have a small store of candles that I save for just such situations.

Tweed

Old September 15th 11, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

"Sharon& wrote in message
[...]

I love candles. I have 35 decorative candles in my sitting room alone.
On all-remembrances day when we honor our masters who have gone to the
Bridge, I light every single one of them (I have to take the battery out
of our carbon monoxide alarm during that.

Old September 15th 11, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
trubble

wrote:

[...]

What a terribly sad situation :-(

Poor little Sootie: after so much time at the shelter, she finally got
the life she deserved, only to have it snatched away.

I feel so bad for Sootie's human, Jill.

She must be devastated.