cat outside window

Old November 1st 11, 02:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Default cat outside window

Saw this on TV this morning.
If I was this cat's slave, I would be holding my breadth and my bp
would
have really spiked.
As the TV man said, this cat has amazing upper body strength.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkrpXHeSBko
Old November 1st 11, 02:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie

As the TV man said, this cat has amazing upper body strength.

Which is probably just as well! I'd have a grille over the window or keep it
closed!

Sharon

Old November 1st 11, 03:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Winnie wrote:
Saw this on TV this morning.
If I was this cat's slave, I would be holding my breadth and my bp
would
have really spiked.
As the TV man said, this cat has amazing upper body strength.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkrpXHeSBko

That was scary!
--
Adrian
Old November 1st 11, 03:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Winnie" wrote in message
Saw this on TV this morning.
If I was this cat's slave, I would be holding my breadth and my bp
would
have really spiked.
As the TV man said, this cat has amazing upper body strength.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkrpXHeSBko

Personally I would say idiot cat slaves to not have screens or grills over
their windows to even allow that

Old November 1st 11, 05:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Nov 1, 10:18*am, "Sharon & Smudgie" wrote:
As the TV man said, this cat has amazing upper body strength.

Which is probably just as well! I'd have a grille over the window or keep it
closed!

Sharon

I know. When I had Rusty (RB), I didn't open my windows much, even
with screens
on all my windows. Now that he is gone, I feel free to leave the
windows wide opened
in the summer to let in a breeze.
Old November 1st 11, 05:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

On 2011-11-01 2:43 PM, Winnie wrote:
On Nov 1, 10:18 am, "Sharon& wrote:
As the TV man said, this cat has amazing upper body strength.

Which is probably just as well! I'd have a grille over the window or keep it
closed!

Sharon

I know. When I had Rusty (RB), I didn't open my windows much, even
with screens
on all my windows. Now that he is gone, I feel free to leave the
windows wide opened
in the summer to let in a breeze.

A strong cat can get through a typical screen, no problem at all. Thnis
is especially true if the cat has claws to attack the screen, but a
solid chunky cat can exert a lot of pressure by leaning or pushing. I,
too, don't open my windows very wide. And as I learned from one long-ago
cat and a window that didn't have a screen, a determined cat can wriggle
through a surprisingly small opening.

--
Cheryl
Old November 1st 11, 07:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Patok[_2_]

hopitus wrote:
On Nov 1, 9:30 am, "Matthew" wrote:
"Winnie" wrote
Saw this on TV this morning.
If I was this cat's slave, I would be holding my breadth and my bp
would
have really spiked.
As the TV man said, this cat has amazing upper body strength.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkrpXHeSBko

Personally I would say idiot cat slaves to not have screens or grills over
their windows to even allow that

Of course you would say so, abominable Matthewwww. You're so full of
venom it drips and pools.

Ditto; turns my stomach. This is how Eric Clapton lost his little son
when his hired
nursemaid did same thing: kid fell 52 stories.

Keep your facts straight, hag. It wasn't the nursemaid. Plonk.

--
You'd be crazy to e-mail me with the crazy. But leave the div alone.
*
Old November 1st 11, 07:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Nov 1, 2:32*pm, hopitus wrote:

On 2011-11-01 2:43 PM, Winnie wrote:
[...]

Very true, and since we are on top floor, no matter how hot it ever
gets here (snork; can never
get too hot for me, even when the natives think they are roasting
alive) the only time I ever open
window (they all slide sideways, double pane) wider than less than cat-
head width is when I am
sitting right beside said window monitoring Snaggly's activities. Huge
as he is, I have watched him
fold himself up for narrow openings (like to get in low cabinets and
raise hell in their contents) and
since he weighs almost 30# screens not trustworthy for his safety.

I am not on the top floor, but still way high up in my building.I also
have
double sliding windows. I opened the windows such that there was
always
a window pane blocking Rusty from the outside, but still allowed fresh
air to come through But still, I was a worried slave. So in
the summer I would rather have the fan or AC on than had the windows
opened. Or just opened the windows when Rusty was confined in another
room with windows and door closed.
When he was young Rusty also batted the window pane at the insects on
the outside. I was concerned he would break the window and fall.
To my relief, he stopped doing that in his later years.
Old November 1st 11, 08:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

As the TV man said, this cat has amazing upper body strength.
Which is probably just as well! I'd have a grille over the window
or keep it closed

Possibly not a good idea, depending on the screen. As some people have
said, a lot of cats can force some screens open. Which would leave them
stuck outside.

Old November 1st 11, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Patok"
snipped

Kiss off

Plonk

Window in the sky Barry Cat health & behaviour 6 March 6th 07 04:10 PM
The Window Marina Cat anecdotes 0 November 28th 06 04:55 AM
Seen through the window Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 2 July 21st 05 07:07 AM