I'm a bit slow

Old February 22nd 04, 04:23 AM
badwilson

Default I'm a bit slow

Last night, I was lying on the couch watching TV. Vino was really agitated,
he kept meowing, jumping up and standing on my chest (Ouch, boobs! Why are
cats' feet so pointy?) He'd give me one headbutt and then just stand on my
chest like he'd conquered me and look about. After a little while he would
jump off and sit on the chair next to the couch. After a few minutes, the
cycle would repeat.
Finally, I decided to go to bed. Took Vino upstairs with me as usual and we
cuddled for a bit. I turned off the light and started to doze off.
Suddenly, there was Vino on top of the covers, chasing something! Eeeeeep,
cockroaches! I flew out of bed and turned on the light. Oh, it was just a
furry mousie. The little bugger must have gone downstairs, picked up a
mousie from his scratching post (that's where we keep them), brought it all
the way across the living room, down the hall, up the stairs into the
bedroom. Just to get me to play with him. Guess I'm a bit slow on the
uptake sometimes!
Anyway, my heart was still pounding from the cockroach scare that I happily
stayed up and chucked the mouse across the room for him for 20 minutes.
Then we were both exhausted and had a good sleep.
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Old February 22nd 04, 05:34 AM
Marina

"badwilson" wrote

Anyway, my heart was still pounding from the cockroach scare that I

happily
stayed up and chucked the mouse across the room for him for 20 minutes.
Then we were both exhausted and had a good sleep.

Aww. I was sure, at one point, that next you would say it wasn't a toy
mousie but a real one. So relieved that it wasn't! I bet you are even more
happy about that than me. ;o)

--
Marina, who has woken up with a real vole dangling in her face
Frank and Nikki

Old February 22nd 04, 05:48 AM
Victor Martinez

badwilson wrote:
furry mousie. The little bugger must have gone downstairs, picked up a
mousie from his scratching post (that's where we keep them), brought it all
the way across the living room, down the hall, up the stairs into the
bedroom. Just to get me to play with him. Guess I'm a bit slow on the

He's such a good boy... We just ignore anything that's brought to
bed during the night. We figure worse case scenario it's already dead,
so why should we care...???....

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 22nd 04, 06:51 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 10:23:17 +0700, "badwilson"
wrote:

[...]

Even the thought of bugs gives me the creeps.
Old February 22nd 04, 10:19 AM

badwilson wrote:

Last night, I was lying on the couch watching TV. Vino was really
agitated, he kept meowing, jumping up and standing on my chest (Ouch,
boobs! Why are cats' feet so pointy?) He'd give me one headbutt
and then just stand on my chest like he'd conquered me and look about.
After a little while he would jump off and sit on the chair next to
the couch. After a few minutes, the cycle would repeat.

He misses his daddy!

Suddenly, there was Vino on top of the covers, chasing something!
Eeeeeep, cockroaches! I flew out of bed and turned on the light.
Oh, it was just a furry mousie.

Whew! That would've been gross. Does that ever happen?? (That you get
roaches in your bed? Ewww!)

Anyway, my heart was still pounding from the cockroach scare that
I happily stayed up and chucked the mouse across the room for him
for 20 minutes. Then we were both exhausted and had a good sleep.

Awwww. Does he bring it back for you to throw it again?

Joyce
Old February 22nd 04, 12:07 PM
badwilson

wrote in message
news
badwilson wrote:

Last night, I was lying on the couch watching TV. Vino was really
agitated, he kept meowing, jumping up and standing on my chest (Ouch,
boobs! Why are cats' feet so pointy?) He'd give me one headbutt
and then just stand on my chest like he'd conquered me and look about.
After a little while he would jump off and sit on the chair next to
the couch. After a few minutes, the cycle would repeat.

He misses his daddy!

Yes, Dennis usually scraps with him for a bit right before bed to make sure
he's good'n tired. He doesn't go for it if I try to scrap with him though.
Just gives me this "I know you're a woman and therefore you can't scrap like
a man" look. He's such a chauvenist!

Suddenly, there was Vino on top of the covers, chasing something!
Eeeeeep, cockroaches! I flew out of bed and turned on the light.
Oh, it was just a furry mousie.

Whew! That would've been gross. Does that ever happen?? (That you get
roaches in your bed? Ewww!)

Well it only happens when Vino brings the cockroaches into the bed. Never
do they get there on their own. I mean it doesn't happen all that often,
maybe twice a year do I see a roach in the house, but if there is one, Vino
is sure to bring it to bed for me! I'm getting much better about dealing
with it. I only jump up about 3 feet now instead of hitting the ceiling
like I did in the beginning. And after the roach is disposed of, I can go
back to sleep normally instead of wrapping myself in the sheet like a mummy!

Anyway, my heart was still pounding from the cockroach scare that
I happily stayed up and chucked the mouse across the room for him
for 20 minutes. Then we were both exhausted and had a good sleep.

Awwww. Does he bring it back for you to throw it again?

Yup, he fetches it back. Well, most of the way. He has an aggravating
habit of dropping it just beyond my reach so that I cannot stay in a
comfortable position while playing with him. Maybe he's just looking out
for my daily exercise?

Old February 22nd 04, 12:09 PM
badwilson

"Marina" wrote in message

"badwilson" wrote

Anyway, my heart was still pounding from the cockroach scare that I

happily
stayed up and chucked the mouse across the room for him for 20 minutes.
Then we were both exhausted and had a good sleep.

Aww. I was sure, at one point, that next you would say it wasn't a toy
mousie but a real one. So relieved that it wasn't! I bet you are even more
happy about that than me. ;o)

Hmmm, I don't know if they have mice in Thailand. I know they have rats
though, humungous rats the size of 2 month old kittens! I see them at the
market all the time. I'd be really worried if I started seeing them in the
house though!

Old February 22nd 04, 12:46 PM
Suzie-Q

In article ,
"badwilson" wrote:

[...]

Well, some owners are just harder to train than others.

--
;^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~
Old February 22nd 04, 01:02 PM

badwilson wrote:

Well it only happens when Vino brings the cockroaches into the bed.
Never do they get there on their own.

Gee, isn't that thoughtful? Of all the gross things cats do (bringing
headless mice into the house, etc), I think bringing *living* prey,
especially of the insect variety, would be the worst. I get spiders in
my apartment from time to time, but thankfully, none of the cats has
thought to bring it into the bed.

He has an aggravating habit of dropping it just beyond my reach so
that I cannot stay in a comfortable position while playing with him.

Yes, all the cats I've ever played fetch with do this. This past week, I
house-sat for someone who had 2 dogs (among other pets), and I discovered
how rewarding it is to play fetch with an actual dog, as opposed to a dog-
like cat. Don't worry, I'm not changing my allegiance - I'll always be
a cat slave first and foremost - but fetch is a dog's game, and dogs do
it just plain *better* than cats.

Maybe he's just looking out for my daily exercise?

Or maybe getting back at you for making him exercise!

Joyce
Old February 22nd 04, 01:21 PM
Duke of URL

In ,
badwilson radiated into the WorldWideWait:

[...]

Heh. Well, at least you're trainable...