I'm still here; just slow!

Old February 16th 07, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

Default I'm still here; just slow!

I don't know if it's the winter blues or what, but I am so tired and
spacey these days, it's hard to keep up with much of anything right now.

It looks like the landlord has got the building sold, as long as the
loan is approved. Sigh. I get the feeling this one is not such an
understanding guy. We'll see.

DH and I are trying counseling again next week. Not expecting much, though.

A friend of mine lost his mother Jan. 31, and then his brother-in-law a
couple of days later. BIL was getting ready to go to MIL's funeral, and
had a heart attack. Very, very sad.

Cats are all hanging in there. Except for occasional puking and
occasionally forgetting to make sure their butts are solidly in the
litterbox, they seem to be doing fine.

I got one of those disk things that you microwave and put in your cats'
bedding that keeps them warm. I hoped Cosmo and Internet would use it,
as they are the oldest and creakiest. But, of course, youngster Jack
decided this was *his* spot. Sigh. What can I do?

We got hit here in Ohio with a lot of what Bridget got in Indiana. Not
as much snow, but we had freezing rain on top of snow, followed by more
snow. Darn near everything was cancelled for a few days, and it's still
difficult for people to get their cars out and move about. I really
hate winter :-(

I am dating a friend who is taking me out to nice restaurants, which I
never get to go to. We went to the Bar of Modern Art (yep, that's what
it's called!) for Valentine's Day, and he got me roses and champagne.
It was a wonderful meal! And I'd never had actual French champagne before.

If I missed anybody's needs for purrs or a hug, I am truly sorry; I am
sending a gentle blanket of comforting purrs to all who need them.

Ginger-lyn
Sitting with Arthur on the back of the chair and Wolfie sitting to my
right. Hmm, that must mean it's *feeding* time! lol!
Old February 17th 07, 03:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Ginger-lyn wrote:
Cats are all hanging in there. Except for occasional puking and
occasionally forgetting to make sure their butts are solidly in the
litterbox, they seem to be doing fine.

Glad to hear that!

never get to go to. We went to the Bar of Modern Art (yep, that's what
it's called!) for Valentine's Day, and he got me roses and champagne. It
was a wonderful meal! And I'd never had actual French champagne before.

Yay!!! Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm very happy to hear you have someone
nice who is giving you what you deserve.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 17th 07, 04:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Ginger-lyn wrote:
[...]

So nice to hear you're dating, and that the cats are doing alright.
Though winter only just started here, I'm already tired of it and want
the white stuff to go away. Better just cuddle up with a cat or two
under a blankie inside.

Pics at http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o185/frankiennikki/
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frankiennikki/
http://community.webshots.com/user/frankiennikki
Old February 17th 07, 05:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock

"Marina" wrote in message

So nice to hear you're dating, and that the cats are doing alright. Though
winter only just started here, I'm already tired of it and want the white
stuff to go away. Better just cuddle up with a cat or two under a blankie
inside.

I did a double take on this one, winter just starting, Finland? But then we
had a warm green Christmas too, although it's been cold and snowy for a few
weeks now.

Old February 17th 07, 05:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Bill Stock wrote:
I did a double take on this one, winter just starting, Finland? But then we
had a warm green Christmas too, although it's been cold and snowy for a few
weeks now.

It was so strange, we had a green Xmas, too, and a green January. But
now winter is here with a vengeance. It's not like our climate is
warming up, but the seasons have shifted. We used to get autumny weather
in September, but last Sept. was very warm and summery. Winter, OTOH,
lasted well into April last year.

Old February 18th 07, 09:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 07:21:23 +0200, Marina
wrote:

Bill Stock wrote:
I did a double take on this one, winter just starting, Finland? But then we
had a warm green Christmas too, although it's been cold and snowy for a few
weeks now.

It was so strange, we had a green Xmas, too, and a green January. But
now winter is here with a vengeance. It's not like our climate is
warming up, but the seasons have shifted. We used to get autumny weather
in September, but last Sept. was very warm and summery. Winter, OTOH,
lasted well into April last year.

There is a popular tradition (which I don't think that many people
seriously believe in) that if a groundhog sees its shadow on February
2nd, then there will be six more weeks of winter. If the day is
overcast enough that there isn't a visible shadow, this is supposed to
predict an early spring. The best-known such groundhog is in
Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania. This year, the prediction was for an
early spring. Within a few days, a cold snap settled in across most
of the eastern two-thirds of the USA, and hasn't let up since, other
than a couple of single-day warm spells. Some parts of western New
York state, known for "lake-effect" snowstorms (they are downwind of
the Great Lakes), have received over 12 feet of snow just within the
last two weeks.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old February 18th 07, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Ginger-lyn wrote:

I don't know if it's the winter blues or what, but I am so tired and
spacey these days, it's hard to keep up with much of anything right now.

snip
I am dating a friend who is taking me out to nice restaurants, which I
never get to go to. We went to the Bar of Modern Art (yep, that's what
it's called!) for Valentine's Day, and he got me roses and champagne. It
was a wonderful meal! And I'd never had actual French champagne before.

If I missed anybody's needs for purrs or a hug, I am truly sorry; I am
sending a gentle blanket of comforting purrs to all who need them.

Ginger-lyn
Sitting with Arthur on the back of the chair and Wolfie sitting to my
right. Hmm, that must mean it's *feeding* time! lol!

Lots of purrs and best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Swat low - too slow! Lisakatt Cat anecdotes 0 January 23rd 07 12:05 AM
Slow night? Bill Stock Cat anecdotes 4 December 17th 04 09:20 PM
A slow dance? Tabitha Kitten Cat community 16 November 9th 04 12:18 PM
I'm a bit slow badwilson Cat anecdotes 31 February 28th 04 01:41 AM
Psycho Kitty - When Will He Slow Down? Alan Watts Cat health & behaviour 8 December 21st 03 08:30 PM