New arrival... perhaps...

Old December 7th 04, 12:27 AM

Default New arrival... perhaps...

The holiday cards are pouring in! Every morning is spent in
anticipation of the postman

Min (RB)'s foster humans (my father and stepmother) have been catless
long enough to show respect to the departed, and have now begun the
process of fostering foundling kittens in the search for a Worthy
Successor. Appropriate, of course, as Min herself was a foundling.
(Actually, no she wasn't. She just turned up one day and moved in to my
house. Guess that makes *me* the foundling!)

Anyway, two kittens have been fostered and subsequently re-homed. The
current one, however, looks like she might be sticking around. Her
original name was Tuppence, and her original human turned out to be
allergic. Since she's a funny brindled stripey-and-spotty colour, my
stepmother has named her Abstract, or Abbie for short.

My father is baffled by her ability *always* to be asleep exactly where
he wants to sit, and has named her "Why Don't you Get Your Own Chair",
or WDY for short.

Pictures of Abbie, or WDY, or whatever her name is (thanks Pam!) to
follow after Christmas

Al.

Old December 7th 04, 05:47 AM
Marina

[...]

What a wonderful name! I'm sure your father is a worthy catslave, but he
may have this thing about the chair wrong; he may be supposed to buy her
her own chair. Or buy himself a new one, as she has appropriated his.
Looking forward to pictures!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Pics at