How much space for a cat?

Old February 29th 04, 11:46 AM
Bob Brenchley.

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 17:36:04 +0000, Gwenhwyfaer de Tierveil
wrote:

Quoth Bob Brenchley.:
I prefer to take their word too. And from my years of experience with
them (as a member, volunteer and adopter), I've learned that they can
and do rehome healthy indoor only cats. Argue all you like but that's
the bottom line.

*shrug*

As already explained. You are either a liar or a troll.

You're making that claim - prove it. Jacqueline has offered evidence for
hers. You're required to offer some evidence that Jacqueline is lying
(no, offering evidence for your original claim won't do the trick, and
in any case you haven't accomplished that - all you've been doing is
practising argument by repeated assertion, which never works).

Strange, I've seen no evidence which carries any weight from her.
Given her stance, that she has had healthy cats placed in her care by
Cats Protection, with CP knowing in advance that she will be keeping
them indoors 24/7, we are left with only two alternatives that fit
reality. Either she is lying and the cats are not normal healthy cats,
or she is just trolling (another form of lying).

When you have worked with Cats Protection, and known as many other
people who worked with them as I have, you can see through her very
easily.

Incidentally, do you have a catflap?

Yes, both in the house and in the office.

I sincerely hope so. Otherwise,
there will be points at which your cats desire to go outside or come
inside, and by your own argument, not to allow a cat free passage is an
act of cruelty. Cats are, obviously, freely-roaming creatures, and if
it's cruel to confine them, then it must be cruel to confine them even
temporarily...

THERE are times when it is necessary to confine them, mine are usually
in overnight, but that is as much for the safety of other animals as
their own.

...mustn't it...?

In fact, one could even argue that since cats are genetically identical
to at least one species of wildcat, and can freely interbreed with
them, then to attempt to keep them as pets in any way is an
interference with their natural life, and thereby an act of abuse.

I don't approve of more of the misbred "pedigree" cats and most normal
cats elect to live with us.

But I doubt you are about to set yours free... are you, Bob? Would you
look for them if they didn't come home?

Of course I would look for them, but the point is that they are free
to go elsewhere if they wanted.

*sigh* I remember when you started posting here... you seemed so
amusing, so promising... What happened, Bob? What happened?

Several years of dealing with lying animal abusing trolls.

--
Bob.

In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, "Let there be
Light." And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.
Old February 29th 04, 12:44 PM
Jacqueline

wrote:

[...]

As I've said *REPEATEDLY* I can give you evidence - what evidence do
you need? I'll happily provide.

When you have worked with Cats Protection, and known as many other
people who worked with them as I have, you can see through her very
easily.

I'd like to see your 'evidence' too. And not just the cut & paste
stock answer you've been purporting for the past x years either.

Old February 29th 04, 03:07 PM
Bob Brenchley.

wrote:

[...]

There is no evidence needed, you have proved by your words that you
are either a liar or a troll.

When you have worked with Cats Protection, and known as many other
people who worked with them as I have, you can see through her very
easily.

I'd like to see your 'evidence' too. And not just the cut & paste
stock answer you've been purporting for the past x years either.

The answer fits. There have been a few trolls who have tried to rip it
apart, but as it is based on facts they have never succeeded.

--
Bob.

I tell you what, you should be on educational TV, you certainly make
me feel so much smarter..?

Old February 29th 04, 03:08 PM
Jacqueline

wrote:
As I've said *REPEATEDLY* I can give you evidence - what evidence do
you need? I'll happily provide.

There is no evidence needed,

Thank you, that's all we needed to know )

I'd like to see your 'evidence' too. And not just the cut & paste
stock answer you've been purporting for the past x years either.

The answer fits. There have been a few trolls who have tried to rip it
apart, but as it is based on facts they have never succeeded.

Your facts are out of date.

Old February 29th 04, 05:42 PM
Gwenhwyfaer de Tierveil

Quoth Bob Brenchley.:
There is no evidence needed, you have proved by your words that you
are either a liar or a troll.

There we are. A clear offer of evidence refused.

No, Bob, it doesn't work like that. When someone very clearly has a
quite different opinion and experience than you, it verges on the
sociopathic to just start calling them a liar. Saying "that's not my
experience" is perfectly acceptable, because it allows for the
difference - saying "you're a liar" without a full investigation only
demonstrates that you regard any experience differing from your own as
non-existent, which is quite divergent from what most people would
regard as normal, social behaviour. Unless you know, intimately, every
case handled by every office of every protection agency in the UK, and
are utterly sure that local offices don't diverge in practice (for
example, because local environments vary), you can't possibly know that
you're correct - which is what is required before you start screaming
"liar".
--
Gwenhwyfaer (emails need [Private] in the subject)

some girls wander by themselves

Old February 29th 04, 05:52 PM
Gwenhwyfaer de Tierveil

Quoth Bob Brenchley.:
You're making that claim - prove it. Jacqueline has offered evidence
for hers.

Strange, I've seen no evidence which carries any weight from her.

You've refused all offers of documentary evidence. If you're going to
claim there's nothing to see, it's more believable if you have your eyes
open at the time.

Given her stance, that she has had healthy cats placed in her care by
Cats Protection, with CP knowing in advance that she will be keeping
them indoors 24/7, we are left with only two alternatives that fit
reality. Either she is lying and the cats are not normal healthy cats,
or she is just trolling (another form of lying).

No we're not left with two alternatives; we're left with at least 5
other ones:

(a) she may have a mansion, in which case the floor space indoors is
probably larger than most cats will have access to outdoors.

(b) her local office may differ from the norm in policy.

(c) your local office may differ from the norm in policy.

(d) the cats have been kept indoors all their life, they're about 5, and
whilst perfectly happy and healthy, they're timid.

(e) the cats consistently refused to leave the house, so she gave up
trying to persuade them.

You may be short of imagination, Bob, but don't try and project it onto
us as absolute truth. You're not in possession of that, and neither is
anyone else.

*sigh* I remember when you started posting here... you seemed so
amusing, so promising... What happened, Bob? What happened?

Several years of dealing with lying animal abusing trolls.

....and as far as I can see, that constitutes the majority the newsgroup.
Ever wonder about that, Bob? Ever stop to think that just perhaps a
newsgroup does not find itself populated almost exclusively by lying
trolls - especially not lying trolls who seem perfectly capable of
getting on with everyone else in the newsgroup and not insisting that
their opinions are fact - until you, the vessel of ultimate revelation,
arrives to set it to rights? Ever considered that just perhaps it might
be you that's in the wrong?