Conan Update Saturdfay 6/18 2:39 PM

Old June 18th 05, 07:50 PM
Mary

Default Conan Update Saturdfay 6/18 2:39 PM

Yippee!

Katherine called me back to let me know that she can take my donation via
credit card over the telephone.

She agreed that someone must express interest in him first and go through
the screening process and then be told that his adoption fee has been paid.
She offered to call me if anyone expresses interest in him this weekend. For
her trouble, if Conan is adopted, I will make an additional donation. I have
also let her know that others are interested in Conan's plight and may be
interested in donating to the shelter if she can help us with this.

Once Conan has found a home, if anyone wants to make a donation to the
shelter to thank Katherine for her help you may do so by calling
714-935-6943. This is the number for Terri, Katherine, and Hector, all
kennel managers. They can take a credit or bank card payment over the phone.
You can let them know that you wish to remain anonymous so that they will
not release your name.

Conan is feeling much better, no sign of a cold, and she said he is front
and center and meeting people today. He is up for re-evaluation on June 21.
God Bless Katherine for finally giving me a straight answer on that! So--if
he is not adopted by then, we may need a plan of action, depending on what
the results of the evaluation are.

So--to recap: Katherine will call me if he is adopted this weekend--or if
anyone expresses interest in him. If I do not hear from her it means that he
has not been adopted and I am to call Hector first thing in the morning
Monday to tell him the same thing I have told Katherine and enlist his aid
in finding a local home for this beautiful boy. Katherine said she thinks he
will be adopted because he has already been neutered and vetted. (Not all of
their animals are.)

Purrs for our boy Conan to find his forever home, people! I will be at home
tonight and until 3 pm EST Sunday, they out until the wee hours Monday. I do
not have to go out of town until around June 26--then I will be gone for a
week and may not have any Internet access.) Hopefully by then Conan will
have his home.

Old June 18th 05, 09:01 PM

"Mary" wrote:

She agreed that someone must express interest in him first and go through
the screening process and then be told that his adoption fee has been paid.

How about we make *no declaw* as a condition for a free adoption? If
the vetting process is followed as described, the adopter is already
interested in Conan and wasn't depending on a freebie. Comments
anyone?

-mhd
Old June 18th 05, 09:05 PM
Mary

wrote in message
"Mary" wrote:

She agreed that someone must express interest in him first and go through
the screening process and then be told that his adoption fee has been

paid.

How about we make *no declaw* as a condition for a free adoption? If
the vetting process is followed as described, the adopter is already
interested in Conan and wasn't depending on a freebie. Comments
anyone?

-mhd

When she calls me I can ask her to make that a condition. It had
not occurred to me. I think it is a good idea.

Old June 18th 05, 10:58 PM
PawsForThought

" How about we make *no declaw* as a condition for a free adoption?

Abso****inglutely! Good thinking, H&C!

Lauren

Old June 18th 05, 11:02 PM
PawsForThought

Mary wrote:
[...]

That's great news, Mary, and very kind of you to pay his adoption fee.
Please keep us updated and let us know if any donations are needed for
Conan. If it's okay, if Conan finds a home, instead of donating to the
OC shelter, I'd like to donate to my local shelter here (the one I
adopted Mickey and Meesha from). I usually drive out there once a
month or so to donate food and supplies, but I'd also like to make a
monetary donation in Conan's honor. However, if he's not adopted, I
would gladly donate to a fund for him.

Lauren

Old June 19th 05, 05:45 AM
Rhonda

Yeah! Things look great for Conan!

I'm glad someone is paying attention there.

Rhonda

Old June 19th 05, 05:45 AM
Mary

"PawsForThought" wrote in message
oups.com...
Mary wrote:
[...]

I offered to pay it up front, but Katherine said to wait until she calls me
to say
that someone is interested in him.

Please keep us updated and let us know if any donations are needed for
Conan. If it's okay, if Conan finds a home, instead of donating to the
OC shelter, I'd like to donate to my local shelter here (the one I
adopted Mickey and Meesha from).

Sure! The donation to the Orange County Animal Shelter is just a suggestion.
I know people here who care about Conan might want to thank
Katherine and the shelter staff for any help they may have given us
if Conan is adopted. I wanted Katherine to know that if he gets
adopted, we will be sending something to the shelter in addition
to his shelter fee. I will donate a good amount as soon as he has
a home, but would love it if anyone here wants to call and do a bit
too. (The point was to give the shelter staff an incentive to help us
find Conan a home, you know? There had to be something in there
besides the adoption fee they would get anyway, right?) Even if
people did $5 and $10 contributions in the case that he is adopted,
it will add up for the shelter.

I usually drive out there once a
month or so to donate food and supplies, but I'd also like to make a
monetary donation in Conan's honor. However, if he's not adopted, I
would gladly donate to a fund for him.

Good thinking, as we may still have to transport him. Tuesday is the
day he will be "re-evaluated." I will ask to be notified about their
decision.
Anyone and everyone may want to call and ask them too! The more a
attention paid to this boy's fate the better!

714-935-6943--Orange Co. Animal Shelter

Animal # A0700875

Old June 19th 05, 05:55 AM
kitkatluna

Mary wrote:

Good thinking, as we may still have to transport him. Tuesday is the
day he will be "re-evaluated." I will ask to be notified about their
decision.
Anyone and everyone may want to call and ask them too! The more a
attention paid to this boy's fate the better!

714-935-6943--Orange Co. Animal Shelter

Animal # A0700875

I'll be tuning in sometime tomorrow for any updates. After tomorrow I
will be in total isolation at the hospital until sometime late on
Tuesday or maybe even Wednesday. If things happen when I am away, I
would appreciate an email. I still have money earmarked for Conan when
the need does finally arise.

Pam
Old June 19th 05, 07:12 AM
Mary

"kitkatluna" wrote in message
m...
Mary wrote:

Good thinking, as we may still have to transport him. Tuesday is the
day he will be "re-evaluated." I will ask to be notified about their
decision.
Anyone and everyone may want to call and ask them too! The more a
attention paid to this boy's fate the better!

714-935-6943--Orange Co. Animal Shelter

Animal # A0700875

I'll be tuning in sometime tomorrow for any updates. After tomorrow I
will be in total isolation at the hospital until sometime late on
Tuesday or maybe even Wednesday. If things happen when I am away, I
would appreciate an email. I still have money earmarked for Conan when
the need does finally arise.

Thanks, Pam! It's great to know that we can count on you. I hope you had
a great day with the husband unit today. Will you have access to a
telephone
at your parents' where you will be after Wednesday? Drop me an email.