OT pay attention cell phone users

Old March 14th 06, 10:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT pay attention cell phone users

Jane wrote:

I'm currently going through X-Files from beginning to end.

Ooooo! I just did that over the past couple of years on TNT. Never
watched it in the 90s, but when it was on every night on TNT, then
I got hooked. Are you enjoying it?

Joyce
Old March 14th 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Victor Martinez wrote:

The top 3 movies in my
queue would show up as "available now" (including TV series) but I'd get
the 4th one in the queue instead.

Wow, that's never happened to me, and I've been a customer for 2 years.
Once in a while, I'll get the second item in my queue because the first
one has heavy demand on it (not just from me, but from everyone). Or maybe
I allowed a movie to slip to first place before it was actually avaiable,
in which case I couldn't exactly blame them for shipping my second choice.

Joyce
Old March 14th 06, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jane wrote:

I recently read an article about that 'problem', too. Apparently some
people watch the movies as soon as they get them and put them back
into the mail the Very Next Day (horror!), and for those people,
Netflix slowed down their deliveries.

That's pretty despicable, if they did do that. It didn't seem to be the
case for me, though. I joined in early 2004, and I had a turnover of about
3-4 movies a week for the first 6 months or more. (I didn't have a job
at the time, so I had plenty of time to watch movies and still see my
friends, so yes, I had a life! ) I don't remember any "slowdown" on
their end.

Over the 2 years, though, I have noticed that the turnaround time from
them isn't quite as good as it used to be. I assume this is because they've
grown really fast, but haven't increased their infrastructure at the same
speed, to cope with it all. So service quality has decreased a little. But
not a lot, really. I have really slowed down myself, to the point where I'm
not sure I'm getting my money's worth anymore. It might make sense for
me to downgrade to 2 movies out at a time instead of 3.

Joyce
Old March 14th 06, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

I refuse to use Blockbuster. I can't tell you how much money I've
wasted because if you are late by a day, they charge you for a full
additional rental period. They may have changed that, but I don't
care; as far as I'm concerned, they're scum.

Not to mention that they rent out "cleaned up" versions of movies. UGH!
I won't even go in that store anymore and wouldn't consider signing up
for them online, either.

Joyce
Old March 15th 06, 01:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I'm currently going through X-Files from beginning to end.

Ooooo! I just did that over the past couple of years on TNT. Never
watched it in the 90s, but when it was on every night on TNT, then
I got hooked. Are you enjoying it?

Very much! I've always been a big fan of sci-fi anything, so I
thought it would be enjoyable. I also fell madly in love with
The Dead Zone. However, as much as I tried, I just can't get
into Farscape or the new Battlestar Galactica. *sigh*

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Old March 15th 06, 01:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

not a lot, really. I have really slowed down myself, to the point where I'm
not sure I'm getting my money's worth anymore. It might make sense for
me to downgrade to 2 movies out at a time instead of 3.

Even if you only get 2 disks a week, that's still cheaper than going to
a rental store. I used to get mine in the mail before work, get a
confirmed return email that afternoon, then the next day they'd ship
another one out. Now there's a day in between. Slower, but still very
acceptable to my (admittedly low) standards. *grin*

Old March 15th 06, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default X-Files and similar tv shows

Jane wrote:

I also fell madly in love with The Dead Zone.

I used to like Dead Zone, but ever since they started developing that
whole ongoing story about the senator and the woman who was murdered
(which Johnny is a suspect for), I've gotten bored. Now it seems that
every episode is about that, so I don't watch it any more.

Same thing with X-Files, actually. I really like the episodes that
stand on their own. That whole story arc about "aliens are going to
take over our planet, and a secret "shadow government" is colluding
with them and it's a big conspiracy", etc, didn't interest me much.
Which I suppose is ironic, since that's really what the show is about.
But the show also had quite a few stand-alone episodes that were not
about that story, and also did not have William B. Davis in them,
which is a plus in itself. Some of those eps were just incredibly
fascinating and involving, and I've taped about 25 of them to watch
from time to time.

However, as much as I tried, I just can't get
into Farscape or the new Battlestar Galactica. *sigh*

I don't like the series on the SciFi channel that much myself. Another
set of shows I don't like that much are the Stargate shows.

But I'm much more interested in the "weird stuff happens to regular
person" type of sf/fantasy/speculation, rather than elaborate plots
or other universes and civilizations, in general. X-Files does that
really well, when it does it.

Another show that was sadly very short-lived was called Night Visions.
Do you remember that? I think it was only on for one season, which is
a shame. Almost every one of them was a gem. Sci-Fi had a marathon of
the show last year, and I taped most of it, and then watched them later.
They were all excellent! Unfortunately, that show is not on DVD, so the
two or three that I didn't get on tape are not available to me. Too bad!

ObCats: NOTE TO KITTY FARMCAT - Licky is curled up in my arms at this
very moment, cuddling and purring. He is not always a scaredy-cat, but
can sometimes be a very sweet lover boy. He says hello to you!

Joyce

AFFILIATE #281-/- MADE $1750 YESTERDAY GIVING AWAY 35 FREE CELL PHONES~~READ MORE... ssgg Cat anecdotes 0 February 13th 06 02:18 PM
Another forward Nanny Cat anecdotes 0 September 4th 05 08:31 PM
When NOT to talk on a Cell Phone (OT) jmcquown Cat anecdotes 19 July 5th 05 12:42 PM
Capt. Midnight V. The Cell Phone ChildFree23 Cat community 7 March 12th 05 12:59 PM
Vino pic on my cell phone badwilson Cat anecdotes 4 March 24th 04 05:20 AM