USA legislative alert

Old March 15th 06, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default USA legislative alert

We may be able to close the loophole that could let a merchant
sell you garments containing animal fur--without labeling it as
such! Please ask your Representative to support and co-sponsor
H.R. 4904, the Truth in Fur Labeling Act. This bill will amend
the 1951 Fur Products Labeling Act to require that garments
containing less than $150 worth of fur label it with the type of
fur and country of origin.

I hope you will join me in urging your Representative to support
this bill. It only takes a minute. Here is the link:
https://community.hsus.org/campaign/...=Udzy7ls1LXhKW

Victor

Old March 15th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

pistor wrote:

We may be able to close the loophole that could let a merchant
sell you garments containing animal fur--without labeling it as
such!
https://community.hsus.org/campaign/...=Udzy7ls1LXhKW

Done!

But I am concerned about all animal fur, not just dog and cat fur. I
think people should be able to make an informed choice about what they
buy, which they cannot do if they don't know what's in the article
they're buying.

Thanks for posting.

Joyce
Old March 16th 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Done!
But I am concerned about all animal fur, not just dog and cat fur. I
think people should be able to make an informed choice about what they
buy, which they cannot do if they don't know what's in the article
they're buying.
Thanks for posting.
Joyce

Hey, if you wanna know something bad re "fur" (not cat or dog fur):
in Sunday's paper I read some guy from NY went to Africa and
brought back several goat skins as he makes drums with "skin"
drumheads (did you know lotsa drums have animal skin "heads"
(the part they drum on)?)....anyway shortly after he got back to
the states he came down with airborne *anthrax* from those
goat skins, which were loaded with the spores. He is under
intensive care in a Penn. hospital now.
I wouldn't have been surprised if it had been ebola or flesh-eating
faciitis (sp?) but *anthrax*!?? Anyway, how's that for animal
revenge? I've passed this 411 on to a relative who plays congas
in several bands and knows people who mfgr.and repair drums.

Wet Kitten Alert! [email protected] Cat anecdotes 31 March 18th 06 11:55 PM
For those who live in Florida Rabies alert NMR Cat anecdotes 16 December 31st 05 01:04 AM
For those who live in Florida Rabies alert NMR Cat health & behaviour 4 December 30th 05 02:11 PM
ASPCA News Alert NMR Cat anecdotes 0 December 30th 05 05:54 AM
Missing Pet Alert Avram Grossman Cats - misc 2 January 27th 04 01:55 PM