Well, amazing

Old November 13th 10, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Well, amazing

Just now, Boyfie was staring at his new earth/leaves filled litterbox which
he used just once. I said "what, you want to use it ?" He said no, as he's
been out and about all day but continued to stare at it.
Just to humour him I shook it and a mowsie jumped out. It's now an
ex-mowsie as he caught it immediately and ate it. I've no idea how it got
in as the house is closed for bad weather for a few weeks now.
Always trust your cats when they stare at things ;-)
Tweed

Old November 14th 10, 04:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Nov 13, 4:39*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
Just now, Boyfie was staring at his new earth/leaves filled litterbox which
he used just once. *I said "what, you want to use it ?" *He said no, as he's
been out and about all day but continued to stare at it.
Just to humour him I shook it and a mowsie jumped out. *It's now an
ex-mowsie as he caught it immediately and ate it. *I've no idea how it got
in as the house is closed for bad weather for a few weeks now.
Always trust your cats when they stare at things ;-)
Tweed

Wow. Boyfie doesn't need a pointer and he didn't even had to train you
very much. Congratulations, I've been a cat-servant for a long time
but never a cat's hunting dog.

What fun that boy has always seemed.

--
Will in New Haven
Old November 15th 10, 04:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
Just now, Boyfie was staring at his new earth/leaves filled litterbox
which
he used just once. I said "what, you want to use it ?" He said no, as he's
been out and about all day but continued to stare at it.
Just to humour him I shook it and a mowsie jumped out. It's now an
ex-mowsie as he caught it immediately and ate it. I've no idea how it got
in as the house is closed for bad weather for a few weeks now.
Always trust your cats when they stare at things ;-)
Tweed

Wow. Boyfie doesn't need a pointer and he didn't even had to train you
very much. Congratulations, I've been a cat-servant for a long time
but never a cat's hunting dog.

What fun that boy has always seemed.

____
Why it was amazing was because part of his box was slightly underneath my
kitchen trolley (I must have knocked it previously) and so he could not
reach the mowsie without help so of course he needed to ask his meowmie.
And even more so it ran from the opposite side from where we were so he
couldn't see it but he caught it within literally one second by sound.
KFC taught him well. He was not a good hunter when he arrived. One day I
was feeding the chickens, it was when Kitty lived in the garden, she used to
"help" me with that. I opened a small door to fill the feeder and when I
picked it up a mouse ran from underneath. Kitty could not see inside but
her paw went under the door and she caught it. By sound.

BTW, I don't want anyone to think I am glorifying catching prey.
I like mice. However cats are cats, that's what they do given the
opportunity, and the ability to catch a mouse by sound *is* amazing.
(P.S. I doubt a mouse could get in here, I suspect Boyfie caught one, forgot
his killing bite as advised by KFC, rushed it back for me & let it go in the
house.)
Tweed

Old November 15th 10, 04:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

wrote:
[...]

By contrast, I was once eating supper with my parents, and noticed a
mouse on the floor under my mother's chair, eating a dropped bread-
crumb. I called their cat, who walked into the kitchen, passed the mouse
without noticing it (or being noticed by it), walked to her food dish,
and looked up, expectantly. I had to pick up the cat, and rotate her 180
degrees, before she noticed and pounced on the mouse. The mouse then
became a between-meal cat snack.

--
John F. Eldredge --
"Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly

Old November 15th 10, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Poor chap did not pass Darwin test.
Settling yourself into a cat litterbox is not a good idea, and he is out of
the gene pool now :-(

Old November 15th 10, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"John F. Eldredge" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 15:28:06 +0000, Christina Websell wrote:

By contrast, I was once eating supper with my parents, and noticed a
mouse on the floor under my mother's chair, eating a dropped bread-
crumb. I called their cat, who walked into the kitchen, passed the mouse
without noticing it (or being noticed by it), walked to her food dish,
and looked up, expectantly. I had to pick up the cat, and rotate her 180
degrees, before she noticed and pounced on the mouse. The mouse then
became a between-meal cat snack.

--

That's really amusing!

Old November 16th 10, 12:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

He is the most amazing cat in the whole world.
He has stopped waking me up to go to work. It was "get up, meowmie, has the
alarm gone off or not?!"

Doesn't matter now and he's stopped worrying about it. We get up when we
get up.
9 is fine. 7 is a memory ;-)

Old November 16th 10, 03:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

and if you need to mourn mousee, just think whatta service boyfriend did to
the gene poole, DH always used to say, any mouse that came into our house,
was either sucicidal, or stupid to the point that he should be removed from
the gene poole... after some reflection he also said, that removing the said
mouse might not be nessary as it may not have the brights to reporduce,

Old November 17th 10, 12:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

he did not need to be removed, he got eaten, 5 minutes, everything over..
That mouse needed the Darwin award of the century. "Oh, I'll just go into a
house with a cat in and hide in his litterbox." Duh. Brilliant idea!
Tweed

"Storrmmee" wrote in message

and if you need to mourn mousee, just think whatta service boyfriend did
to the gene poole, DH always used to say, any mouse that came into our
house, was either sucicidal, or stupid to the point that he should be
removed from the gene poole... after some reflection he also said, that
removing the said mouse might not be nessary as it may not have the
brights to reporduce, Lee"Christina Websell"