OT pay attention cell phone users

Old March 9th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT pay attention cell phone users

Hidden Cell Phone Charges Sent Via Text-Messaging
http://www.local6.com/news/7787764/detail.html this is happening a lot here
in Florida and all over the world

Old March 10th 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 19:06:23 GMT, "Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL
\)" 10 points a troll @linethetrollsup.com wrote:

Hidden Cell Phone Charges Sent Via Text-Messaging
http://www.local6.com/news/7787764/detail.html this is happening a lot here
in Florida and all over the world

Thanks for the info, Matthew! My SO and I were just trying to figure
out what that charge was on his cell phone bill so this link was very
timely.

--Kim
Old March 10th 06, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL \)" 10 points a troll @linethetrollsup.com wrote:

Hidden Cell Phone Charges Sent Via Text-Messaging
http://www.local6.com/news/7787764/detail.html this is happening a lot here
in Florida and all over the world

Wow, that's really annoying! Especially the fact that the attorney
general's report didn't say anything more than, "check all your text
messages."

Meaning, you *have to* look at all the unsolicited cr*p advertisers
send you? That means that everyone with a cell phone is a captive
audience! I'm sure companies and spammers and the like are thrilled
by this, but it's totally unfair to the consumer. Why should people
have to make an extra effort to decline something they never asked
for in the first place?

It's bad enough we get commercials down our throats on TV, but at
least you can choose to turn the TV off if you don't want to watch
them, and you don't have to pay for commercials!

Joyce
Old March 10th 06, 05:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

@linethetrollsup.com wrote:

[...]

I cannot figure out why in North America, the person receiving the call
or text has to pay. That's just plain stupid! I'm glad it's not like
that over here. Only the person making the call or sending the text
pays. Much better.
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old March 10th 06, 01:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

@linethetrollsup.com wrote:

[...]

What kills me is now you get to watch commercials when you go to a movie
theatre. We already pay megabucks to get a ticket, ridiculous prices for
some popcorn (which we all know costs next to nothing) or some candy and a
soda. Now you have to sit through 5 minutes of commercials.

Jill

Old March 10th 06, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

@linethetrollsup.com wrote:

[...]

It's the same here in the UK. If I send a text, I pay for it but I only
text UK-UK. Same with mobile phone calls. However it might be different if
the texts/calls are coming from other countries. When Nüle was over here
her credit on her mobile soon ran out after she received a couple of calls
from Germany, apparently she had to pay to receive as she was in a different
country. That's crazy, especially as she had no idea that would happen.

Tweed

Old March 11th 06, 04:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:

It's the same here in the UK. If I send a text, I pay for it but I only
text UK-UK. Same with mobile phone calls. However it might be different if
the texts/calls are coming from other countries. When Nüle was over here
her credit on her mobile soon ran out after she received a couple of calls
from Germany, apparently she had to pay to receive as she was in a different
country. That's crazy, especially as she had no idea that would happen.

It's the same here. If you ring a mobile in Finland, the caller pays,
but if the mobile is abroad, the owner pays. I think it's because the
caller may not know that the mobile they are calling is abroad, so they
wouldn't be aware of the higher charge.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old March 11th 06, 09:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

It's the same here in the UK. If I send a text, I pay for it but I
only text UK-UK. Same with mobile phone calls. However it might be
different if the texts/calls are coming from other countries. When
Nüle was over here her credit on her mobile soon ran out after she
received a couple of calls from Germany, apparently she had to pay to
receive as she was in a different country. That's crazy, especially
as she had no idea that would happen.

It's the same here. If you ring a mobile in Finland, the caller pays,
but if the mobile is abroad, the owner pays. I think it's because the
caller may not know that the mobile they are calling is abroad, so they
wouldn't be aware of the higher charge.

I think the caller pays the normal "within-the-country" fee when calling
a mobile abroad and the owner pays the rest. It takes some careful
reading of the fine print when you want to know what you have to pay for
received calls abroad, as it varies a lot between the service providers.

When my parents are abroad, we usually just send SMS's and don't call
each other, it's cheaper that way.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old March 11th 06, 09:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

@linethetrollsup.com wrote:

[...]

It's usually the same with a UK mobile, if someone calls you when you're
abroad you pay part of the cost.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old March 11th 06, 09:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christine K. wrote:
Marina wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Apparently the European Commision are looking at mobile roaming charges,
hopefully they'll become fairer in future.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

AFFILIATE #281-/- MADE $1750 YESTERDAY GIVING AWAY 35 FREE CELL PHONES~~READ MORE... ssgg Cat anecdotes 0 February 13th 06 02:18 PM
Another forward Nanny Cat anecdotes 0 September 4th 05 08:31 PM
When NOT to talk on a Cell Phone (OT) jmcquown Cat anecdotes 19 July 5th 05 12:42 PM
Capt. Midnight V. The Cell Phone ChildFree23 Cat community 7 March 12th 05 12:59 PM
Vino pic on my cell phone badwilson Cat anecdotes 4 March 24th 04 05:20 AM