Weather concerns

Old March 13th 06, 05:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Weather concerns

We have been seeing the weirdest weather, all over the US! Tornadoes in
the midwest, fires in TX and OK, *snow* in Highland! Weird, weird, weird.

All of you in the tornado and fire areas, are you ok? Sherry, have the
fires left you and your family alone? Pat, have you and the kitties
weathered the twisters ok? Who else is in the affected areas? Lee and
Robert (Stormee's people), did you make it through the weekend ok?

Dan
Old March 13th 06, 06:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Dan M wrote:
We have been seeing the weirdest weather, all over the US! Tornadoes
in the midwest, fires in TX and OK, *snow* in Highland! Weird, weird,
weird.

To quote the drunken Irish guy in the restaurant in the Hitchcock film 'The
Birds': "Et's the end o' the world"

Jill

Old March 13th 06, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Dan M wrote:
snipped for a really picky server

All of you in the tornado and fire areas, are you ok? Sherry, have the
fires left you and your family alone? Pat, have you and the kitties
weathered the twisters ok? Who else is in the affected areas? Lee and
Robert (Stormee's people), did you make it through the weekend ok?

Dan

I just heard from Pat, and aside from doing laps to the basement, she
and the kitties are all OK. She's having computer issues at the moment,
but hopefully we'll all hear from her firsthand soon. Meanwhile, she
said thanks for checking up on her!

Purrs-

Chris and the Fairfax Fur Factory
Old March 13th 06, 06:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Dan M wrote:
We have been seeing the weirdest weather, all over the US! Tornadoes
in the midwest, fires in TX and OK, *snow* in Highland! Weird, weird,
weird.

All of you in the tornado and fire areas, are you ok? Sherry, have the
fires left you and your family alone? Pat, have you and the kitties
weathered the twisters ok? Who else is in the affected areas? Lee and
Robert (Stormee's people), did you make it through the weekend ok?

Dan

Saw a posting on Catslaves that Pat & kitties are OK, but having computer
problems.

Old March 13th 06, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Unfortunately, March really is the beginning of severe weather in the
midwest, so the tornados, while awful and severe, are pretty much right on
time, especially considering the mild winter. The fires are of great concern
to me as there seems to have been no break in them this year; the whole year
has been "wild fire season"! I am hoping all are OK.

news

Old March 13th 06, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

We had a 4.5 earthquake here in Ottawa recently. I didn't know until now
that we are on an earthquake fault, though nothing like those on the west
coast.
Even Rusty felt the earthquake and stared worriedly out the windows.
I used to live in California for years and never felt a quake. But here I
felt
it 3 times over the years.

Thunder storm forecast for tonight. Both Rusty and I are very afraid of
thunders.

Winnie

"Karen" wrote in message
Unfortunately, March really is the beginning of severe weather in the
midwest, so the tornados, while awful and severe, are pretty much right on
time, especially considering the mild winter. The fires are of great
concern
to me as there seems to have been no break in them this year; the whole
year
has been "wild fire season"! I am hoping all are OK.

news

Old March 13th 06, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen wrote:
Unfortunately, March really is the beginning of severe weather in the
midwest, so the tornados, while awful and severe, are pretty much
right on time, especially considering the mild winter.

The midwest and the southern U.S. I made sure when I was shopping yesterday
I've got a new large lantern battery for my big lantern flashlight. Also DD
batteries for the regular flash lights. I have oil lamps and oil and have
managed quite well in power outages for a long time. And I have a weather
radio but I think I need a new one since we had a nasty storm last year and
I haven't been able to get it to work again since that nearby lightening
strike LOL

The fires are
of great concern to me as there seems to have been no break in them
this year; the whole year has been "wild fire season"! I am hoping
all are OK.

My cousin is a firefighter in the state of Washington but he also gets
called to help with fires in the canyons in California and other places
south of him. I admire him; can't imagine dealing with those conditions.

Jill

news

Old March 14th 06, 11:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I just heard from Pat, and aside from doing laps to the basement, she
and the kitties are all OK. She's having computer issues at the moment,
but hopefully we'll all hear from her firsthand soon. Meanwhile, she
said thanks for checking up on her!

Purrs-

Chris and the Fairfax Fur Factory
===========================================\

That's Chris I've been worried about her especially because she finally
has a better home.
Suz&Spicey

Old March 15th 06, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Dan M wrote:

We have been seeing the weirdest weather, all over the US! Tornadoes in
the midwest, fires in TX and OK, *snow* in Highland! Weird, weird, weird.

All of you in the tornado and fire areas, are you ok? Sherry, have the
fires left you and your family alone? Pat, have you and the kitties
weathered the twisters ok? Who else is in the affected areas? Lee and
Robert (Stormee's people), did you make it through the weekend ok?

Dan

Lots and lots of purrs and best wishes for everyone affected,
Polonca and Soncek