latest on Rusty

Old March 13th 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default latest on Rusty

The vet just called. Rusty's blood work is normal. His kidneys are OK.
So is the thyroid. What a relief!
She did suggest giving him some Pepsid A/C for his spitting up.
Anyone has experience with Pepsid A/C? I have never taken this stuff
myself, let alone giving it to a cat.
If the spits continues when he finished his 7 day course of Clavamox, she
will switch him to another antibiotic as he needs to be on antibiotics for
14 days.

I am kind of amazed Rusty lives this long with all
his urinary problems. They started when he was only 2 and he will be
12 in June. I lost track of the times I have to rush him to the emergency or
regular TED.
Not to mention the vet bills over the years. I think I spent more on
TED bills than on my own health care. Of course I have government
health insurance. Wish I bought pet insurance before his first blockage
But I never have any tests on my kidneys and liver. Rusty had them at least
twice
already and for sure more to come But then I am not in my 60s.
He may outlive me yet. I probably should make provisions for him for
the scenario.

Enough with all the ramblings.
Thanks for all your purrs over the years.

Winnie

--
Winnie

Old March 13th 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"W. Leong" wrote in message
The vet just called. Rusty's blood work is normal. His kidneys are OK.
So is the thyroid. What a relief!
She did suggest giving him some Pepsid A/C for his spitting up.
Anyone has experience with Pepsid A/C? I have never taken this stuff
myself, let alone giving it to a cat.
If the spits continues when he finished his 7 day course of Clavamox, she
will switch him to another antibiotic as he needs to be on antibiotics for
14 days.

I give 1/4 of a 10 mg tablet to Sugar when she is urpy. It *really* can
help. Little hard to cut up, but it does work. I just make sure I get a
couple of small syringes of water down with it too. She can really get into
the nausea cycle so it is important when she is nauseated to get that cycle
broken ASAP. I keep it on hand for her.

Old March 13th 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-13, W. Leong penned:
The vet just called. Rusty's blood work is normal. His kidneys are
OK. So is the thyroid. What a relief!

Yay!!!

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 13th 06, 08:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Karen" wrote in message

"W. Leong" wrote in message
[...]

The vet said 1/2 of a 10 mg tablet 2X a day. I will start with that and cut
back to 1/4 of a tablet if it improves
I saw Walmart's generic brand of Pepsid AC which is a lot cheaper.
But since Rusty never has this medicine,
I didn't want to go for it to save a few $$ in case there are some minor
ingredients that he can't tolerate. He has a sensitive tummy, just like his
Meowmie.

Winnie

Old March 13th 06, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Karen" wrote in message
I give 1/4 of a 10 mg tablet to Sugar when she is urpy. It *really* can
help. Little hard to cut up, but it does work. I just make sure I get a
couple of small syringes of water down with it too. She can really get
into
the nausea cycle so it is important when she is nauseated to get that
cycle
broken ASAP. I keep it on hand for her.

I found it very hard to cut up the tablet. How did you do it?
Did you use a pill splitter?
I used a knife. Think I ended up only getting less than 1/2 tablet stuffed
down Rusty's
throat. He really fought me and spit the tablet out.
I flushed it down with eye droppers full of water
Pilling Rusty has always been a struggle for me. Can't wait for this
regiment of
medication to be over and done with.

Winnie

Old March 14th 06, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

So glad his bloodwork came back well! Pepcid AC is a people
over-the-counter med to reduce stomach acid. I was also told I could use it
on one of my cats who kept throwing up but I think I didn't because I
figured out he was throwing up for other reasons. Purrs for Rusty to
continue to do well. I sure get the drift re the vet bills -- we should
have a reserved parking space at the vets ;o).
Christine

Old March 15th 06, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

W. Leong wrote:

The vet just called. Rusty's blood work is normal. His kidneys are OK.
So is the thyroid. What a relief!
She did suggest giving him some Pepsid A/C for his spitting up.

snip
Winnie

That's so wonderful to hear!
Continued purrs and best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Rusty needs purrs W. Leong Cat anecdotes 23 March 12th 06 12:38 AM
Rusty needs a few purrs too :( W. Leong Cat anecdotes 17 June 25th 05 04:28 AM
Update on Rusty W. Leong Cat anecdotes 1 January 1st 05 05:47 AM
Bye Rusty... SimonBarSinister99 Cat health & behaviour 106 September 9th 04 05:30 AM
Bye Rusty... Yowie Cat anecdotes 7 September 4th 04 12:43 PM