Not like him, but like him

Old March 14th 06, 08:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Not like him, but like him

Well, this is VERY unlike my Stinky boy-- and yet it's not. Let me
explain.

Stinky is the guy who worries about the litter boxes. He likes them
clean, and he likes it to be understood that it's *his* box, although
he will allow the little twerp to use them. Just as long as everybody
realizes it's noblesse oblige, if you get my meaning.

Well, over the past couple of days the boxes have been smelling
especially evil, and there's been higher than normal litter turnover.
I changed the boxes today, and as soon as I refilled the upstairs box,
Stinky stepped in, lifted his tail, and deftly sent a jetstream right
into the corner of the box, scampered out, and was off.

I was stunned! My Stinky! My very NEUTERED, very well-mannered
little boy!

And it hit me. He has been spraying, but only in the boxes. And I
thought, Oh my, how like Stinky. How like my Stinky, when he goes a
little "native," to do it so discreetly, so politely. LOL! He's
obviously feeling territorial, and letting the little punk know who's
boss of the boxes. But no need to smell up the whole house, just to
make a point.

Just the same, though, I'm breaking out the Feliway, and keeping an
eye out to make sure it doesn't go any further.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old March 14th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-14, Kreisleriana penned:

And it hit me. He has been spraying, but only in the boxes. And I
thought, Oh my, how like Stinky. How like my Stinky, when he goes a
little "native," to do it so discreetly, so politely. LOL! He's
obviously feeling territorial, and letting the little punk know
who's boss of the boxes. But no need to smell up the whole house,
just to make a point.

That's too funny.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 14th 06, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

LOL! He's
obviously feeling territorial,

Gee ya think? hehe

Is Dante still bugging him at every moment?

I love those posts of converstaions btwn the two, it's so funny!!!!!

How old is Dante now?

Kristi

Old March 14th 06, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-14, Kreisleriana penned:

And it hit me. He has been spraying, but only in the boxes. And I
thought, Oh my, how like Stinky. How like my Stinky, when he goes a
little "native," to do it so discreetly, so politely. LOL! He's
obviously feeling territorial, and letting the little punk know
who's boss of the boxes. But no need to smell up the whole house,
just to make a point.

That's too funny.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Mr Stinky is such a character. ;o)
Suz&Spicey

Old March 15th 06, 12:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
And it hit me. He has been spraying, but only in the boxes. And I
thought, Oh my, how like Stinky. How like my Stinky, when he goes a
little "native," to do it so discreetly, so politely. LOL! He's
obviously feeling territorial, and letting the little punk know who's
boss of the boxes. But no need to smell up the whole house, just to
make a point.

Otis does this every time he pees. Every time. Always has. ????????

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old March 15th 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Awwww... what a good little gentlecat!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 15th 06, 05:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Kreisleriana wrote:

Well, this is VERY unlike my Stinky boy-- and yet it's not. Let me
explain.

Stinky is the guy who worries about the litter boxes. He likes them
clean, and he likes it to be understood that it's *his* box, although
he will allow the little twerp to use them. Just as long as everybody
realizes it's noblesse oblige, if you get my meaning.

Well, over the past couple of days the boxes have been smelling
especially evil, and there's been higher than normal litter turnover.
I changed the boxes today, and as soon as I refilled the upstairs box,
Stinky stepped in, lifted his tail, and deftly sent a jetstream right
into the corner of the box, scampered out, and was off.

I was stunned! My Stinky! My very NEUTERED, very well-mannered
little boy!

Frank was the same about the box. Very fastidious, spent ages covering
every little bit up. Even after Nikki arrived, he was just as picky with
the litterbox. Then I brought home Miranda. Frank stopped covering up
completely. It became Miranda's job to keep the litterbox tidy. Frank
would use it and just stroll away as if it was none of his business bad
pun and Miranda would plod in and start covering up.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

Old March 15th 06, 12:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

And it hit me. He has been spraying, but only in the boxes. And I
thought, Oh my, how like Stinky. How like my Stinky, when he goes a
little "native," to do it so discreetly, so politely. LOL! He's
obviously feeling territorial, and letting the little punk know
who's boss of the boxes. But no need to smell up the whole house,
just to make a point.

I take it that when they spray, it's not just pee, it's also scent from
the anal glands?

Smokey's never sprayed in his life. Never once. I was preparing
myself for SEVERAL sprays, with Smokey being adult, male, unneutered,
feral...but from the day we brought him home, he's never sprayed.

--Fil

Old March 15th 06, 01:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Smokey's never sprayed in his life. Never once. I was preparing
myself for SEVERAL sprays, with Smokey being adult, male, unneutered,
feral...but from the day we brought him home, he's never sprayed.

He knew he was onto a good thing!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs