Austin/Lampasas area help

Old January 5th 07, 01:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
mikel

Default Austin/Lampasas area help

We have 3 1/4 cats, Rusty, Willie and Indiana Jones, three extrememly
spoiled house cats, and the 1/4 cat is Sparklie, a stray the
neighborhood takes care of, a loving cat that just can't pick a home.

Anyways, both my wife and I are teachers. My wife teachers in portable
building at the high school. If you're guessing what my problem is
you're probably close. For years stray cats have used the underside of
the portables to birth kittens. One of our previous cats came from a
litter beneath her room. Recently the school has been collecting the
cats and taking them to kill facilities. I understand the schools
position with this, but then again I don't support just killing the
animals. When I say cats underneath the buildings I'm talking 2-3 cats,
students and teachers always adopted them. Well my wife goes to school
a few days ago and brings back a beautiful tabby, pregnant, she says,
"their gonna kill it", so now we have her in a kennel. We contacted one
local vet that works with the city, his answer, "we'll kill it". Wow
guess you don't have to care for animals to CARE for animals. We cannot
keep this cat with the ones we have, we are looking for a home, and
kittens are gennerally very easy to adopt out.

So if you you're in the area, reply to this and we can work something
out. FREE cat with a bonus... kittens on the way.

thanks

mikel
Old January 5th 07, 11:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

also the rescue group, soft
John Ross Mc Master wrote in message
On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 13:31:09 GMT, mikel wrote:

[...]

Contact a local no-kill shelter. Phone around and locate one. Donate
enough money to pay for the catfood and spaying of the mother. Doing
good is worth the minor expense. It's probably tax deductable.

Boycott that asshole TED. (veterinarian)

You might want to repost your message in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes and
in rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Signed, Cinder and Beauty's sekretary