Light relief - Kitchen fun with your cat...

Old October 3rd 03, 03:31 PM
Helen Miles

Default Light relief - Kitchen fun with your cat...

KITCHEN FUN WITH YOUR CAT

1. Look in cookbook for cookie recipe.
2. Get cup of coffee.
3. Remove cat from cookbook.
4. Find a mouth-watering cookie recipe.
5. Remove cat's nose from coffee mug.
6. Get eggs from fridge.
7. Get dry ingredients from cupboard.
8. Break eggs in small bowl.
9. Sift dry ingredients in large bowl.
10. Answer the phone.
11. Observe that while on phone the cat ate the eggs; get more from
fridge.
12. Remove cat from flour bowl and dust cat off.
13. Get Band-Aids for cat scratches on hands.
14. Throw flour out and get more.
15. Preheat oven for cookies.
16. Resist the urge to toss the cat in the oven. Cat disappears into
bathroom.
17. Flour the counter to roll out cookie dough.
18. Crash reverberates from bathroom; run to see what happened.
19. Observe that cat has strewn toilet paper all over floor and knocked
makeup and toiletries off of counter.
20. Yell at cat. Cat falls in toilet bowl.
21. Sense that cat is angry.
22. Remove cat from toilet and dry cat off.
23. Retrieve bandages to cover more scratches on arms and legs.
24. Clean bathroom.
25. Hear a thump in kitchen. (Oh brother...now what?)
26. Remove cat from floured kitchen counter.
27. Try to pick out cat hairs from flour.
28. Step on cat's tail and get bitten..
29. Get coat, car keys, and go to store to buy cookies, bandages and
catnip toy.

Old October 3rd 03, 09:17 PM
Sherry

LOL, this is *so* true. Except around here it's "remove cat from cookbook"
about 5 more times.

Sherry
Old October 3rd 03, 09:20 PM
Brenda

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:b08c333df3fee12875b725695f53057b.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
[...]

in my house, add:
6a. Remove cat from refrigerator.
11a. see 6a.

Brenda

Old October 3rd 03, 10:05 PM
Yowie

"Sherry " wrote in message
LOL, this is *so* true. Except around here it's "remove cat from cookbook"
about 5 more times.

This is because, I'm quite certain, that unlike humans who read via their
eyeballs, cats read through their butt. What else could possibly explain
their prediliction for sitting on any and all reading material?

Yowie

Old October 3rd 03, 10:27 PM
polonca12000

That's a keeper! Thanks, Helen.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:b08c333df3fee12875b725695f53057b.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
KITCHEN FUN WITH YOUR CAT

1. Look in cookbook for cookie recipe.

snip

Old October 4th 03, 01:37 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old October 4th 03, 03:01 AM
Alan Erskine

"Yowie" wrote in message
"Sherry " wrote in message
LOL, this is *so* true. Except around here it's "remove cat from

cookbook"
about 5 more times.

This is because, I'm quite certain, that unlike humans who read via their
eyeballs, cats read through their butt.

I know a few humans who do this too, unfortunately. ;-)

--
Alan Erskine
alanerskine(at)optusnet.com.au

Trial or release, Mr Bush, trial or release.

Old October 4th 03, 03:09 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 07:05:52 +1000, "Yowie"
wrote:

"Sherry " wrote in message
LOL, this is *so* true. Except around here it's "remove cat from cookbook"
about 5 more times.

This is because, I'm quite certain, that unlike humans who read via their
eyeballs, cats read through their butt. What else could possibly explain
their prediliction for sitting on any and all reading material?

Yowie

My momma, Little Bit, says cats are duty bound to reduce eye strain
among you hoomins. Our hoomin, Steve, already has to wear magnifying
glasses and can't see worth a hoot in the dark.

Anyway, the only thing really important to read is those labels on
cans, we wouldn't want to hoomins to accidently bring home any foul
tasting stuff.

Sammy
Old October 4th 03, 05:20 AM
Sherry

This is because, I'm quite certain, that unlike humans who read via their
eyeballs, cats read through their butt. What else could possibly explain
their prediliction for sitting on any and all reading material?

Yowie

But of course. I should have figured that out. Frank has been sitting on a
stack of encylopedias that I've been meaning to toss out. (internet makes them
obsolete!!). He's going to be really smart soon, via cat-butt osmosis.

Sherry
Old October 4th 03, 05:22 AM
Sherry

My momma, Little Bit, says cats are duty bound to reduce eye strain
among you hoomins. Our hoomin, Steve, already has to wear magnifying
glasses and can't see worth a hoot in the dark.

Anyway, the only thing really important to read is those labels on
cans, we wouldn't want to hoomins to accidently bring home any foul
tasting stuff.

Sammy

Sammy, that's very good thinking. You are, as I can see, a pro. One
suggestion--all that's really necessary to read are price tags. This applies to
cat toys (the more expensive they are, the less interest you must show). The
reverse is true for cat food. Don't touch anything that's marked less than a
buck a can.

Bootsie