Sad story (TW)

Old December 8th 07, 03:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Sad story (TW)

I was standing in the supermarket over the road just now and the guy
next to me had a cat carrier and looking out was a most beautiful
young cat, She was semi long haired, white with blue gray and smoke
gray stripes and the most heart melting face . I ought to be immune to
feline cuteness after living with Isis (RB) the emeritus professor of
feline cuteness but this little sweetheart would have tuned a cat
hater round with just one look from her big golden eyes.

The guy holding the carrier told me she wasn't very well...in fact she
was "on her way out". Apparently he found her in his garden Wednesday,
soaking wet, thin and dirty, he thinks maybe she was dumped, So he
took her in, cleaned her up and decided to keep her . But she wasn't
eating, so he's taken her to the vets this morning and the vet told
him she was about a year old and dying. He didn't even give a reason
said either leukemia or FIV and if the guy wanted they could keep her
in for tests but she was "on her way out". He was so upset by the vets
apparent lack of concern he took her to our local PDSA but they were
closed (I was surprised when he told me which vets- they're the one's
I would have used if my vet went back to Australia. Jim the Gardener
would never let a vet from any other practice near his cats and he's
been using them for 20+ years. I buy Hill's from them) so he's decided
to call an emergency vet to "do what had to be done" because he and
his wife have already fallen in love with her because she's a really
sweet and gentle cat and if she is dying they don't want her to
suffer. Even sadder, he and his wife lost their two elderly owners
very close together over the summer

The only thing that puzzled me was the cat herself. She was sitting at
the front of the carrier, watching everything going on around her with
her ears forward and when the guy put his hand on the door of the
carrier, she was pushing her nose through for skritchies. The guy
agreed she doesn't look like she's dying and that was one of the
reasons he walked out of the other vets. he says he's hoping if she is
ill it's FIV because he knows cats with that can live a long time and
she'll have a forever home although obviously ideally he'd like the
vet to be incompetent and there to be nothing wrong with her. Apart
from not eating, she's drinking, using her box and doing all other
normal cat things

So I guess I'm asking for purrs that she is okay

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old December 8th 07, 03:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Lesley wrote:
[...]

Purrs for the sweet old lady. Is there a chance you'll hear the outcome?
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old December 8th 07, 04:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 8 Dec, 07:51, "Adrian A" wrote:

Purrs for the sweet old lady. Is there a chance you'll hear the outcome?
--
She's only about a year old

If I see the guy I'll find out- he only lives round the back

Old December 8th 07, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs for that cat and the people who love her.

--
Joy

Don't believe everything you think

Old December 8th 07, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Lesley wrote:

[...]

Or, if not "okay", at least has something that will allow
her several months or a couple of years of pain-free
existence, before she succumbs! (Technically speaking, ALL
living creatures are "dying" - it's a condition of life.)

I had one cat PTS because she was diagnosed with FLV, and
have often regretted being pushed into it so soon. Aside
from occasionally losing her balance (falling over from a
sitting or standing position) she acted perfectly healthy.
Who knows how long she might have continued as a happy,
loving companion, before that final step was REALLY neccessary?
Old December 8th 07, 08:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Sat, 8 Dec 2007 07:29:59 -0800 (PST), Lesley
wrote:

[...]

I do hope the vet was wrong about this sweet kitty. Maybe she does have
FIV, and an upset tummy. Fix the tummy trouble, and let the wonderful
people who rescued her enjoy her company for many years.

That's what I'm sending purrs for, anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha

Old December 9th 07, 06:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Lesley wrote:

So I guess I'm asking for purrs that she is okay

So sad. Many purrs that the first vet was just incompetent and she is
fine, after all.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban
Old December 10th 07, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sam

Purrs that the little one's problem is treatable and will allow her a
long life yet.

Sam
Old December 10th 07, 10:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone

purrs on the way

BTW it wouldn't be the firt time I've heard or read about an animal
that was "on it's way out" that managed to beat the odds and rebound

Old December 10th 07, 11:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Steve Touchstone wrote:
purrs on the way

BTW it wouldn't be the firt time I've heard or read about an animal
that was "on it's way out" that managed to beat the odds and rebound

It's a long time since Helen S. was told by the idiot TED that Francis
should be put down as he was on his way out. AFIK Francis is still shows no
sign of being on his way out.

OT D*G story. Jeanette Cat anecdotes 5 October 19th 05 07:01 AM
my story bob Cat community 0 October 8th 05 10:37 AM
my story bob Cat health & behaviour 0 October 8th 05 10:35 AM
RB Kitty story invite (Rocky's Story" reposted - Longish) Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 2 July 15th 05 07:14 AM
I Have a Story... Sherry Cat anecdotes 9 March 29th 04 05:19 PM