Give me the Jerky and no one gets hurt

Old July 7th 08, 04:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Give me the Jerky and no one gets hurt

We like beef jerky here at Chez Shirk. We all seem to like it. Even the
d-thing can smell it coming from a mile away and is waiting at the door when
the groceries come in the house. So, we have been killing time while
keeping Rob entertained by visiting Gander Mountain, a chain outdoor sports
store. Among other goodies, I discover a glasses cleaner called "Cat Crap."
I also discover something wonderful. JERKY!!!! So I buy three bags of it
as we've never had this brand before and it comes in multiple flavors.

We bring it home and Rob hides it on his side of the bed. The next day, he
opens up a bag and offers me a piece. Wonderful. Tastes as good as it
smells and it smells great. We each have a couple of pieces of jerky while
sharing another couple of pieces among the five cats that have suddenly
shown up on the bed looking for handouts. Merlin and Huey are especially
insistent on us paying the share toll. Rob then seals the bag up and hides
it again. Later that day, Rob comes into the room to take a nap and finds.
.. .

A torn open bag of jerky with only one small piece and some crumbs left in
it. Merlin and Huey fight over the left over piece and the loser, Merlin,
cleans the crumbs from the bag, after I open the bag up further so that
Merlin won't have to run around with a plastic bag on his head, which he
seemed quite willing to do. The other cats looked on enviously while Rob
checked out the other bags in their hiding spot. I suspect that at least
one of them has marked where the good stuff is hidden so that they can have
another treat when we aren't in the room.

Pam S. who is thinking of buying a jerky safe.

Old July 7th 08, 05:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
[...]

We never have to hide the jerky around here.

It never lasts that long. Kids always wipe it out, no matter how
little or how much while putting the groceries away.

Have I mentioned I never have trouble getting the kids to bring in the
groceries and put them away?

He who stashes knows where the good stuff is.

Jo

Old July 7th 08, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kathy[_2_]

[...]

LOL! That's funny.... Woodgie wouldn't think of stooping to eat people food
anymore. Apparently she's been brainwashed by her cat food... :-)
^..^

Kathy and Woodgie

Old July 7th 08, 08:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"tanadashoes" wrote:

we have been
killing time while keeping Rob entertained by visiting Gander
Mountain, a chain outdoor sports store. Among other goodies, I
discover a glasses cleaner called "Cat Crap."

Not the point of your post, but I have to wonder what genius came up
with this particular name for that product. scratching head

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 7th 08, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"tanadashoes" wrote in
:

We like beef jerky here at Chez Shirk. We all seem to like it. Even
the d-thing can smell it coming from a mile away

..
..
..
..

Pam S. who is thinking of buying a jerky safe.

While staying at a cabin with a bunch of friends I broke out two packs of
jerky. One for me and the boys, one for the dog (the best trained lab you
ever saw). Dog-owner-pal says she wont go crazy for that. I just
chuckled. In seconds the dog was ON the table begging for jerky. "I am
sorry; were you saying something" I replied.

Old July 7th 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

tanadashoes wrote:
[...]

LOL, Pam. That's a good story. :~)

kili

Old July 8th 08, 12:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"outsider" wrote in message
"tanadashoes" wrote in
:

We like beef jerky here at Chez Shirk. We all seem to like it.
Even
the d-thing can smell it coming from a mile away

.
.
.
.

Pam S. who is thinking of buying a jerky safe.

While staying at a cabin with a bunch of friends I broke out two
packs of
jerky. One for me and the boys, one for the dog (the best trained
lab you
ever saw). Dog-owner-pal says she wont go crazy for that. I just
chuckled. In seconds the dog was ON the table begging for jerky.
"I am
sorry; were you saying something" I replied.

Kayla is extremely good with the command 'that isn't yours'.

But I'm not sure I'd want to try it with jerky.

She has obeyed the command at the park from the first time I said it.
Something that just clicked for her.

Yesterday and today we have been reinforcing 'go lay down' since it is
far too hot and smoky for even the dog and cats to be outside.

103f today. 111f tomorrow. And I don't know where the latest fires
are, but I passed a line of forest service fire trucks when I went to
the store.

Jo

Old July 8th 08, 05:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

wrote in message
"tanadashoes" wrote:

we have been
killing time while keeping Rob entertained by visiting Gander
Mountain, a chain outdoor sports store. Among other goodies, I
discover a glasses cleaner called "Cat Crap."

Not the point of your post, but I have to wonder what genius came up
with this particular name for that product. scratching head

I dunno, but it was funny enough that I bought a container.

Pam S. giggling

This hurt so much OT tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 21 November 27th 07 11:26 PM
I'm hurt Pat Cat anecdotes 54 May 17th 07 01:47 AM
Hurt and shocked Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 77 June 26th 05 11:55 PM
Help - did I hurt Otis? Susan M Cat anecdotes 23 March 25th 05 12:51 AM
Hurt cat LeeAnne Cats - misc 3 July 12th 03 04:39 AM