Integration continues - First Blood drawn...

Old June 12th 05, 07:07 AM
Steve Touchstone

Default Integration continues - First Blood drawn...

but not by who you would expect. LB has been extremely grouchy with
everyone since Spot and the kits arrived, and I think Sammy has had
enough. LB was doing her usual hiss/growl at Spot this afternoon.
Sammy was sitting on the recliner with LB and turned, looked at her
for a moment, and swiped her on her nose. I think LB was as surpised
as I was, she just stared at Sam, then glared at Spot like it was all
Spot's fault. No real damage was done, but Sammy did leave a little
eighth inch long scratch on her momma's nose. For now LB has decided
to sulk, and has been sitting in the corner by herself, taking turns
glaring at everyone (me included).

As for the actual intregration, no real progress. Sam and LB still
hiss at Spot every time she approaches too close, but pretty much
ignore her most of the time. Spot is a social girl and tries to
approach them, but they want nothing to do with her. Since I strated
typing this, Spot hopped up on the couch to be near Sammy. Sammy
hissed, and climbed up on the back of the couch, but now they're
napping within a couple feet of each other.

I'm still locking Spot in a different room whenever I'm not around to
supervise. I really wish I was home more, since I think the more time
they spend together, the sooner they'll learn to get along. The
problem is that Spot still doesn't trust the food supply. If she's
left alone with the the others, she does her best to make sure no one
else gets anything to eat. The only time I went to bed without locking
Spot away, I awoke to a hissing contest when LB decided she needed a
midnight snack and Spot objected. LB was under the bed, Spot circling
the bed trying to get at LB, and Sammy watching from the top of the
cat tree, everyone hissing away at everyone else.

While there isn't much progress with the intregration, Spot is feeling
more comfortable here. She has started playing, so I've pulled out all
the toys the others have gotten bored with. Earlier this evening she
spent a halve hour or so batting the ball on the turbo scratch toy.
She still has to learn where it's accepted to sharpen her claws,
ignoring the scratch posts in favor of the furniture.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy and Little Bit

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old June 12th 05, 01:46 PM
Karen

in article , Steve Touchstone at
wrote on 6/12/05 1:07AM:

[...]

Aww. Poor LB. Hopefully, you will continue to get better results. I think
you will. You are still leagues ahead of where I was with Pearl and Grant
and Sugar at this point. I think it will shake out eventually.