NEW MEMBER OF FAMILY

Old November 4th 07, 08:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh>o

Default NEW MEMBER OF FAMILY

Most people who know me, know that we have an ever expanding &
contracting Feline Family too.
We very recently lost a little silver Tabby who turned up @ our
feeding bowl. I decided to take him in & took him to the vet the
following day because he was loosing weight, looked very ropey &
extremely sorry for himself. After tests we found out that he had
corona virus, & were waiting on a FIP result. Unfortunately, he didn't
make it. He died on the 2nd of November. We all hope that he is now
pain free & lolling all over the place on The other side of the
Rainbow Bridge with other siblings and friends as well. As you can
imagine, we were terribly upset & disappointed. Mother Nature is cruel
@ times, or so it feels when you are going through it @ the time

The following day, I got a call from a private advertiser asking if I
could take in a 16week old kitten. I agreed to take her, & she brought
the kitten over 80 miles to our home. I never thought to ask her what
colour it was, or even if she was a breed of cat; a cat is a cat! I
just gave her the address & she turned up with her. I couldn't believe
my eyes when I saw her she is so pretty & we feel privileged to have
her. As the woman explained, it was actually her daughter's cat- She
found me @ the cat protection League, & they passed my number on to
her.

The owner of the kitten was involved in a fatal car crash just over 3
weeks ago, & her mother had taken the cat, but her dogs kept attacking
her, so she needed to re-home her as fast as she could. I agreed to
take her, & the moment she arrived, it all clicked into place.

She turned out to be a Ragdoll cross common British moggie, & she went
straight to Ringo, Ross's Orange tabby cat. She licked his face then
settled down in between his front paws & went to sleep, & Ringo just
covered her back with his paw, & they have been totally inseparable
ever since. Where Ringo is, you will find our new member of family-
Gypsy!!
We think she is a real sweetheart & I have a feeling that she will
also be an excellent cat companion to us all. It's a privilege knowing
her )

Welcome home Gypsy )
Sheelagh "o"

Old November 4th 07, 08:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh>o

On 4 Nov, 20:13, "Sheelagho" wrote:
[...]

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/Gypsy

PS: I forgot to add the link to the photos of her. sorry folks!!
Sheelagh "o"

Old November 4th 07, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh>o

On 4 Nov, 21:28, "Gail" wrote:
[...]

Sheelagh "o"- Hide quoted text -

Thank you. coming @ the time that she did, with all of the problems we
had just gone through with Tabby cat, the last thing on my mind was
keeping yet another cat. I think it was the way she treated us that
triggered us keeping her. The first thing she did was to become
Ringo's shadow, then she started following the kids around & lying all
over them when they sat or lay down. I can't explain the Je ne C'est
Pass that she was able to transmit in her first evening here. By the
following day, I told the woman that we had decided to keep her
instead of re-homing her. I offered her some money to compensate the
loss of the cost since having her, but she wouldn't hear of it' she
said if you really want to pay someone, then please donate some money
to the RSPCA, so I will.

I had "No idea" what sort of cat I was expecting-& she was put in
touch with Cat Protection League, so I believed she would be any cat-
It just happened to be her. It was the character that endeared us in
the first place. I had two Ragdoll kittens earlier this year, but I
didn't feel anything near the same way about them. There was a blue
mitted & a seal Bi, but they got a together home so I let them go.
This little Madam however, has me captivated. I think she is so
pretty. If you know Ragdoll x kittens, you hardly ever get one so
similar to the real thing, but in Gypsy's case, you can see the
massive fault in her lower jaw. I don't care, she is Purr- fect ) to
us because of "who" she is.....(not a pedigree x, but she could have
pink dots, we would have loved her just the same)

I know that we have done the right thing, & pray that all of her
health checks to come back fine. I don't see a problem, because she is
such a "Ringo cat". Her character is so similar to his. Life is there
so you can be naughty & act cute when the ring starts closing- Shy
flutters those eye lids of hers something terrible )
She is naughty (understatement or what?), but utterly endearing.
I hope we will be firm friends for some time to come.. & she has a
purr that sounds like an idling car, continuous as long as she is
touching her favourite cat or person. If she wakes to find you gone,
she starts to come looking for someone to love her. it works every
time too

Sheelagh "o"

Old November 4th 07, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh>o

On 4 Nov, 21:32, "cindys" wrote:
"Sheelagho" wrote in message

oups.com...

On 4 Nov, 20:13, "Sheelagho" wrote:
Most people who know me, know that we have an ever expanding &
contracting Feline Family too.
We very recently lost a little silver Tabby who turned up @ our
feeding bowl. I decided to take him in & took him to the vet the
following day because he was loosing weight, looked very ropey &
extremely sorry for himself. After tests we found out that he had
corona virus, & were waiting on a FIP result. Unfortunately, he didn't
make it. He died on the 2nd of November. We all hope that he is now
pain free & lolling all over the place on The other side of the
Rainbow Bridge with other siblings and friends as well. As you can
imagine, we were terribly upset & disappointed. Mother Nature is cruel
@ times, or so it feels when you are going through it @ the time

I'm so sorry, Sheelagh.

snippage for brevity.

She turned out to be a Ragdoll cross common British moggie, & she went
straight to Ringo, Ross's Orange tabby cat. She licked his face then
settled down in between his front paws & went to sleep, & Ringo just
covered her back with his paw, & they have been totally inseparable
ever since. Where Ringo is, you will find our new member of family-
Gypsy!!
We think she is a real sweetheart & I have a feeling that she will
also be an excellent cat companion to us all. It's a privilege knowing
her )

Welcome home Gypsy )
Sheelagh "o"

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/Gypsy

What an incredibly gorgeous animal! You are so lucky to have Gypsy, and she
is so lucky to have found you too!
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

She is a furry little ball of mischief with a face that would melt any
heart. In some ways I feel guilty for offering her a home, because she
does stand a good chance of being re- adopted @"ANY" adoption center
who took her on, but her personality hit us like a brick between the
eyes. That's what made us all look @ each other & said nothing other
than," I think I'll ring to ask what she thinks"

As soon as she agreed to allow me to keep her, I knew that I was doing
the right thing. I feel terrible about the circumstances in which she
came to us- It was Tragic, but it happened @ the right time in the
right place. Sometimes it feels that it all happens for an ulterior
reason.

Gypsy is a wonderful little thing. I will let you know how she grows.
It's abundantly clear that its going to be one with a very speacial
relationship with Ringo. She is his constant shadow & he doesn't mind
one whit. In fact he meows @ her to follow him upstairs o the ed he
won't let any other cat share!???!
Not even Paul staring @ the ceiling, muttering, "not more bloody
cats", then does most of the work with them all the same without a
word being asked. Interesting , Lol)
It will be interesting, that for sure. Thanks to both you & Gail too.
Sheelagh "o"

Old November 5th 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mariib via CatKB.com

Sheelagho wrote:
Most people who know me, know that we have an ever expanding &
contracting Feline Family too.
We very recently lost a little silver Tabby who turned up @ our
feeding bowl ..... Mother Nature is cruel
@ times, or so it feels when you are going through it @ the time

The following day, I got a call from a private advertiser asking if I
could take in a 16week old kitten....
She turned out to be a Ragdoll cross common British moggie, & she went
straight to Ringo, Ross's Orange tabby cat. She licked his face then
settled down in between his front paws & went to sleep, & Ringo just
covered her back with his paw, & they have been totally inseparable
ever since. Where Ringo is, you will find our new member of family-
Gypsy!!
We think she is a real sweetheart & I have a feeling that she will
also be an excellent cat companion to us all. It's a privilege knowing
her )

Welcome home Gypsy )
Sheelagh "o"

It's always nice to hear good news! What an absolutely gorgeous kitty & Gypsy
is a great name. It sounds as if she will be a wonderful companion for Ringo,
who I think is a slightly older gentleman? Hopefully the other cats will
accept her just as easily.
M.

Old November 5th 07, 09:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"Sheelagho" wrote in message
ups.com...
Most people who know me, know that we have an ever expanding &
contracting Feline Family too.
Sheelagh "o"

Sheelagh, what happened to the blind kitty? I sent a long email and watched
to a report from you, but never saw an update.

Thanks,
MaryL

Old November 5th 07, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Jean B.

Sheelagho wrote:
[...]

What a sad story! I am so glad you and Gypsy have found each
other!

--
Jean B.
Old November 5th 07, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Jean B.

Sheelagho wrote:
[...]

I'm having trouble loading all the pics, but based on the one
I see, she is adorable!!!!

--
Jean B.
Old November 6th 07, 01:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response from "Sheelagho" :

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheelaghmadden/Gypsy

PS: I forgot to add the link to the photos of her. sorry folks!!
Sheelagh "o"

From the way she looks and the way you describe her I have only one
question...

....would you like to trade her for a loving but brutal male cat named
Gabby? ; )

Seriously though, WOW, is she from Dune?

** See Dune at IMDb. I was referring to something like this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/melaniumom/177950399/

WARNING!! I do not know the contents of that site aside from the
link I am sending. The picture is OK, but I hold no responsibility
to where else you may click. (I didn't see anything offhand, but it
is my luck there would be something bad.)

See how the artist digitally added the blue to her and her son's
eyes? In Dune their eyes glowed blue.

If you are already familiar with Dune see:
http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-co...04/dunecat.jpg
for something cute and funny. **

That lovely little girl is absolutely gorgeous. I wish you, her, and
your entire family the best of good fortunes.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.