Little Boy's claws

Old August 20th 12, 02:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default Little Boy's claws

Little Boy has been very clingy since Dulce Mae died.

He insists on being close, especially on sitting in my lap when I sit
down. Unfortunately, he sometimes forgets about his claws, and I have
lots of scratch and claw marks on my leg.

Today, I picked him up and told him "No more lap time until you control
your claws. He ran back around and climbed up in my lap right away.

I told him that was too soon (trying hard not to laugh), and he needed
to get down until I told him otherwise. So he jumped down on the
suitcase/foot stool under the desk.

I felt a soft paw touch my leg, gently tapping. I said, "No, not yet.
Wait until I tell you."

Two more times, I felt the soft paw. Two more times I told him to wait.

Finally, he rested his face on my leg, and looked up with those pretty
eyes of his. I told him, "Okay, come on up."

He jumped up into my lap, stood on his hind legs, wrapped his front paws
around my neck and rubbed his face all over my face, with the occasional
kiss on the lips (which he likes to do all the time).

After much petting and cuddling and "Good boy"'s, he settled down into
my lap. No claws dug into my leg. Lots of purrs rose from my lap kitty.
I think he and I are comforting each other over the loss of Dulce Mae.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
Old August 20th 12, 06:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

[...]

I think so too. I'm glad you have each other.

Hugs and Purrs,
Joy

Old August 20th 12, 10:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Mark, How old was Dulce Mae?

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Claws The Doctor Cat anecdotes 0 August 1st 12 12:24 AM
Little Boy's new game Mark Edwards Cat anecdotes 4 February 9th 09 02:42 PM
Cat Claws cshenk Cat health & behaviour 19 September 3rd 08 03:34 AM
200 Little Claws Bev Cat anecdotes 1 October 10th 03 02:35 AM