Tree trimming

Old August 20th 12, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLBriggs

Default Tree trimming

We had an apricot tree that was overgrown so I hired someone to trim it.
I was shocked and felt the tree had been mutilated bad enough to die.
However, it continued to grow and the next fruit it produced were the
largest and finest we had ever had. The apricots were as large as small
peaches and very sweet. Sending purrs that your tree will act
accordingly. Best wishes. MLB
Old August 21st 12, 12:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Near our house there is a pair of holly trees, fine fully mature
specimens and last year the local council get them back so badly Jim
(Slave to Molly) reckoned they would die and he's a gardener by trade
so he should know but come spring there were a few straggly leaves on
it and then it seemed almost overnight it bloomed and is now covered
in leaves

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old August 21st 12, 06:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
We had an apricot tree that was overgrown so I hired someone to trim it.
I was shocked and felt the tree had been mutilated bad enough to die.
However, it continued to grow and the next fruit it produced were the
largest and finest we had ever had. The apricots were as large as small
peaches and very sweet. Sending purrs that your tree will act
accordingly. Best wishes. MLB

That's not the point. 1. They should have asked me first. 2. They should
only have pruned the overhanging twigs - no branches were overhanging. 3.
they should have done it properly
4. They exceeded what they are allowed to do by leaning over the fence and
sawing off branches on my side. 5. they should have stopped when requested
to do so when it became clear to me they were going too far but they didn't.

It's all about the wall. I refused them permission to build a 6ft 6" wall
in front of my kitchen window. So then they block my car in, that didn't
work.
No matter how much they try to bully me, I'm not having a brick wall in
front of my kitchen window.

It's not escaped the other neighbours either, my neighbour the other side
mentioned it to me this afternoon. They are making themselves very
unpopular here.
I'd like to wake up one morning and see a "For Sale" board outside their
house.

Tweed

Old August 21st 12, 09:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

"I'd like to wake up one morning and see a "For Sale" board outside their
house."

Purrs for that to swiftly happen

Old August 22nd 12, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lesley" wrote in message
"I'd like to wake up one morning and see a "For Sale" board outside their
house."

Purrs for that to swiftly happen

Lesley

Unlikely. They shout so much at each other that I shouted back today
"SHUT UP, FGS"
It sounds so bad that it seems like a domestic argument all the time. Every
day. I don't understand Gujerati but I don't need to. I know a domestic
when I hear one.
I could of course ask my neighbours a few doors away to see what is going on
and translate.
They don't like them either, though, they think they ruin the neighbourhood
and I am with them on this.
It doesn't matter that they have a 310K house, they are bad neighbours and
no-one likes them.
I saw the house rebuilt, I wouldn't have bought it.