Tales from the Mouser: Island Shore Leave Part V

Old July 22nd 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

Default Tales from the Mouser: Island Shore Leave Part V

I went up to my parents house this weekend to celebrate our summer
birthdays and to see my new baby niece, Jocelyn who was born in May.

My parents have shown the usual concern about my weight but so far are
being nice about it. *crosses fingers*

Mom said she didn't need my help in the kitchen, so I took a shower and
changed into a shirt and sweats (to hide my tattoo on my ankle) :P

Since i have some down time, I'd thought i write part of the next
chapter. We'll see how long it gets....

Enjoy!

Part V

***************************

"BURP!!!!!' The belch was loud and long and a few of the kitten
snickered.

"Oh my," said Lily Whiskers. "Excuse me, I'm sorry."

"Hehehe, better out than in," said Sgt Huey, who also patted his full
stomach.

Cap'n Pine Cone laid back with a loud sigh. "Excellent fish stew,
Persia. I've never tasted better."

"I'm honored that you enjoyed it." said Persia. "We still have a few
helpings left in the bottom of the kettle." Several cats groaned and
kittens flopped on their backs holding their engorged bellies.

"Ah, I don't think anyone could manage it. Everyone looks QUITE full.
Save it for tomorrow." said Pine Cone.

Persia had a big grin on her face. "I'm glad that I didn't make
dessert." Everyone groaned again.

"Ohhh...." said Qui Gon, "Roast crab on TOP of fish stew.....I feel
like a balloon." "You LOOK like a balloon." quipped Scout.

"Erggg....if i could move I would bap you." groaned Qui Gon.

"I....can't.....lick....my...toes...." said Caliban, straining to wash
a back foot. "I....can't....reach...."

"I'd wash it.....urp......for you," said Miranda, "But I can't move."

Cap'n Pine Cone snickered. "Well everyone, I think we outdid ourselved
tonight." He patted his own belly. "I know my belly is full. When you
think can you move, make way for your tents and we'll call it a night."
He got up and groaned a little. I think that third helping was a bit
much, he thought to himself. He drew himself up and walked gracefully
to his tent. But as soon as he was inside he collapsed onto his bed.
He washed his face but was too tired to wash the rest of him. So he
just rolled onto his back and fell asleep.

Meanwhile some of the cats were trying to make their way to their
tents. Some of them were actually crawling on the sand. Huey looked
around and saw there were even a few that had fallen asleep where they
were. Captain and Stanley were leaning against each other and both
were out cold. Weebs was napping on a box, and Persia was licking
clean his face. Imp was stretched out on his back asleep and Tessie,
Bam Bam and Barney were all curled up in a kitten pile, fast asleep.

Huey stifled a burp. "Smokey, you, Otis and Chester have first watch.
Try not to fall asleep. I'll have Weebs, Boyfriend and Imp relieve you
in a few hours."

Smokey stood up and clumsily saluted. "Aye, Captain." He walked over
to Otis and Chester who were slowly washing themselves. "We've got
first watch, boys. Think you can stay alert?"

"Just as long as we don't have to move, I think we'll be fine." said
Otis.

In the Tom kitten tent, Caliban, Dante and Qui Gon were all getting
ready to go to sleep. Dante carefully stepped over Samwise who was
already asleep.

"I take it a night raid is out of the question." he asked flopping
onto his bed.

"Definitely," said Caliban from his bed. "Even if i I knew Cap'n Pine
Cone had his special stash of tuna on the beach, I woudln't be able to
move to get it."

"Agreed." said Qui Gon. "Nothing could get me out of this bed."

"Oh hello, Miss Lily Whiskers....." said Caliban. Qui Gon shot up out
of bed and looked around, but there was no Lily. Caliban and Dante
started snickering.

"Gotcha." said Caliban, laughing. He then suddenly groaned and held
his full belly.

"Hmph." said Qui Gon. "Remind me to kill you later." He then
collapsed on his own bed and rubbed his swollen tummy. And in a few
minutes he was asleep, dreaming of his Lily Whiskers.

Old July 23rd 06, 03:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Mischief wrote:
[...]

Persia is quite happy she got the crew well fed! She's sneaking in to
snuggle next to Weebs... spooning kitties Snuggle bugs!

Jill

Old July 23rd 06, 03:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tanada

Excellent continuation Kristi. Thanks for the hard work you've done on
the stories. Please continue to ignore your mom. She means well, just
doesn't have her priorities right.

Pam S.

Old July 24th 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Tanada wrote:
Excellent continuation Kristi. Thanks for the hard work you've done
on the stories. Please continue to ignore your mom. She means well,
just doesn't have her priorities right.

Pam S.

Exactly. It's been two weeks since I talked with my father. The last time
he called me he told me not to call him until I have a job at Applebee's.
HUH? I merely mentioned John suggested I send a resume so I did. The CEO
is an art patron of his. But do I want to work in a restaurant? Uh, no.

So I haven't talked with my father since that phone call because obviously I
don't have a job at Applebee's. It wasn't like I was applying for a
specific position; hell, I don't even know if there *is* a position. I just
sent a resume to the CEO who said she'd forward it to the Personnel
department. Whatever. Why some partents try their best to alienate us, I
have no idea.

Jill

Old July 24th 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Tanada wrote:
Excellent continuation Kristi. Thanks for the hard work you've done
on the stories. Please continue to ignore your mom. She means well,
just doesn't have her priorities right.

Pam S.

Whatever. Why some partents try their best to alienate us, I
have no idea.

Because unlike everyone else on the planet, we will put up with it.

Far too many people make a habit of dumping on those who aren't in a
position to tell them to go to hell. Or people they know won't. Loyalty,
good manners, family ties. (How many won't tell one of their parents to go
to hell out of consideration or something like that for the other parent?
How many kids threaten to cut off access to grandkids. In fact or implied?)
Isn't just parents. Spouses and kids and siblings can do the same thing.

Its kind of like kicking a dog.

It isn't just parents and kids. Although usually it is a family thing.

Jo

Old July 24th 06, 07:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

Thanks everyone, the family trip was short and sweet and thankfully
stress free.

I just kinda pat them on the head and "there there" and just try to
roll with what they throw at me. They were nice to me this trip so
everything went fine.

But i'm still not telling them about my tattoo. At least not until i
lose about thirty pounds. Then maybe :P I've had it for four years
and have hid it every time and i'm still not telling them yet. :P

Kristi.

Old July 26th 06, 10:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Mischief wrote:

snip
Part V

***************************

"BURP!!!!!' The belch was loud and long and a few of the kitten
snickered.

"Oh my," said Lily Whiskers. "Excuse me, I'm sorry."

"Hehehe, better out than in," said Sgt Huey, who also patted his full
stomach.

Cap'n Pine Cone laid back with a loud sigh. "Excellent fish stew,
Persia. I've never tasted better."

snip
"Hmph." said Qui Gon. "Remind me to kill you later." He then
collapsed on his own bed and rubbed his swollen tummy. And in a few
minutes he was asleep, dreaming of his Lily Whiskers.

Thanks for the laugh!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek