If we ever needed purrs

Old September 30th 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default If we ever needed purrs- what a day this is gonna be long

Lesley wrote:

Went to my old job this morning to collect stuff- you know how it is,
after 3 and a half years I picked up so much stuff that as I've been
out of the office for obvious reasons I had to get a cab back. Anyway
almost no-one was about with jobs on the line etc they're either having
interviews or meetings wiht HR

Anthea gave me a real nice card (Black cat) a purse (With the comment
for the extra dosh on it- little does she know that until I get my
grading sorted out I'll be on less pay still it should get sorted in
time for Xmas) and a cute pottery cat- at which point I go all soggy
and then when I leave Stamford the hospital cat (My sorta 3rd cat-
don't tell the Furballs) is waiting to see me off (It's okay there will
still be Neil who claims to dislike cats really "apart from her|" to
see she gets fed)

Arrived home..The fact that I have brought back the extra "Cosmic"
posts I got on ebay means the Furballs are arguing on who gets to sit
on the stash ("No fair" says Dunzi "I likes da nip she don't! But she's
got there first as I was in Narnia!")

My career has faltered a little since my new employers despite my
posting back the forms last Sunday only found them yesterday and I
can't start until Occupational Health have cleared me which thye won't
do til Monday so I can't start til Tuesday (If I start at all...I don't
think there's anything in my questionair apart from an incident in 1993
when I saw a psychiatrist- Dave and me had both just lost our jobs and
my dad was dying at the time- I had some counselling before things got
out of hand and that's it)

Finally I get to the ward- Dave has had the MRI at last which being
weird he enjoyed- he tells me that when it started it sounded like
being on the stage at a Hawkwind gig and at some points he found
himself thinking that "They need a guitar solo there" his doctor (Who
par for the course is off next week) couldn't believe he enjoyed having
an MRI...

Then I went from hating the doctor to wanting to have his children in 2
minutes flat he told us that the prelinmary MRI had shown something

And I griited ny teeth this is the big one..MS, tumour?

Incidentally they found Dave had a minor slip on T5/6 (The spine in his
chest) it's probably never caused a symptom would not need surgical
intervention and as they have got it early they'll incorperate in his
physio...

Ahh that

Dave is now up for getting up he wants to get from a bed to a chair and
his new mate Sean the ward manager is all for the new improved Dave!

But...

Until he gets the final MRI report and cleared by the medical team he
can"t be moved to a chair..(Okay he wants to go out and have a ciggie
through he's done real well- a week without one and he refused
patches!) or get any physio

Til Monday

So he's mildly steaming to say the least harbouring fantatsies about
stealing a chair or digging his way out or at least killing a patient
on his ward who spends his every waking hour screaming for a nurse and
pi**ing on the floor if he doesn't get attention AT ONCE!! Even through
he can go to the loo even when yesterday they had one guy crash so
badly he had 5 nurses attending

Still the "Love is" cartoons never includes scratching his back,passing
a bottle and then realising as I am not a bloke and how do you b***ers
aim straight?

Cheers

Keep them purrs coming its working so far

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

PS Dave can't believe that people all over the World are sending purrs
and prayers for him

Old September 30th 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default If we ever needed purrs

Rhonda wrote:
Oh, I'm sorry. I went through something horrible like this about 2 years
ago -- I know how terrifying everything can be.

It looks better than it did but is soaking the carpets with shanpoo a
good sign- to be honest shall we say he made a bit of a mess prior to
getting to hospital? I think I solved it

Lesley

Old September 30th 06, 12:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tish

It sounds as though things are [slowly, slowly] looking up for you
guys. I've been following your saga with interest and dismay. I hope
that Dave is outta hospital and back to where he's comfortable ASAP.
Tish

Old September 30th 06, 12:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

"Lesley" wrote in message
ups.com...

Lesley wrote:

[...]

Lol Dave, you are, and we're all waiting to hear the next instalment. here's
hoping the reports come back clear, Good luck with your job Lesley, and
Dave, keep giving them hell.

Old September 30th 06, 01:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Katrina

On 2006-09-29 05:52:01 -0700, "Lesley" said:

Does anyone know how to disconnect an i-pod from the USB cable for
charging? I've been wrestling with it for an hour!!! There must be some
sort of knack to it but I've had to give up for fear of damaging the
port!

If it's the cable that came with the iPod, it may have two little
"buttons" on the side of the plug that goes into the base of the iPod.
Push those buttons in and the cable should come out easily.

Katrina
--
History: special people in special places at special times
Anthropology: everyone else the rest of the time

Old September 30th 06, 05:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tension_on_the_wire

On 2006-09-29 05:52:01 -0700, "Lesley" said:

Does anyone know how to disconnect an i-pod from the USB cable for
charging? I've been wrestling with it for an hour!!! There must be some
sort of knack to it but I've had to give up for fear of damaging the
port!

If it's the cable that came with the iPod, it may have two little
"buttons" on the side of the plug that goes into the base of the iPod.
Push those buttons in and the cable should come out easily.

Mine doesn't have actual buttons, the plug is just a flat rectangle,
but the two narrow sides do go inward if you squeeze the
rectangle, releasing the two little catchhooks inside that hold
the iPod port to its plug. Maybe we are talking about the same
thing if the buttons you meant are under the plastic skin and
not outside or protruding?

--tension

Old September 30th 06, 06:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Katrina

On 2006-09-29 21:51:59 -0700, "tension_on_the_wire"

On 2006-09-29 05:52:01 -0700, "Lesley" said:

Does anyone know how to disconnect an i-pod from the USB cable for
charging? I've been wrestling with it for an hour!!! There must be some
sort of knack to it but I've had to give up for fear of damaging the
port!

If it's the cable that came with the iPod, it may have two little
"buttons" on the side of the plug that goes into the base of the iPod.
Push those buttons in and the cable should come out easily.

Mine doesn't have actual buttons, the plug is just a flat rectangle,
but the two narrow sides do go inward if you squeeze the
rectangle, releasing the two little catchhooks inside that hold
the iPod port to its plug. Maybe we are talking about the same
thing if the buttons you meant are under the plastic skin and
not outside or protruding?

Mine are actual buttons on the side- they're oval and flush with the
level of the plug, but they're not under any skin. My iPods are older
(I have a mini and a "color screen" iPod, not the one that plays
videos), so the plugs may have changed in the last year or so.

Katrina

Old September 30th 06, 10:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Lesley wrote:
Lesley wrote:

snip
PS Dave can't believe that people all over the World are sending purrs
and prayers for him

Tell him he'd better believe it, hundreds of cats are purring very hard for
him. He *must* get better and come home.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old September 30th 06, 01:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Katrina wrote:

If it's the cable that came with the iPod, it may have two little
"buttons" on the side of the plug that goes into the base of the iPod.
Push those buttons in and the cable should come out easily.

Guess what this idiot didn't spot? Came out perfectly well when I
pressed them

Thanks!

Old September 30th 06, 08:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tension_on_the_wire

Lesley wrote:
Guess what this idiot didn't spot? Came out perfectly well when I
pressed them

See how therapeutic this group can be?! 8^P

--tension