Update on Mysti

Old February 29th 04, 08:11 AM
Aerlinn

Default Update on Mysti

Don't know if everyone read my earlier post, but we have two kittles, Marari
and Mysti. We just had Mysti spayed yesterday, and I wanted to thank
everyone for their purrs on her recovery.

She's doing great. The vet gave us a pain pill for her to take today, half
a pill earlier today and half a pill six hours later. Mysti is really good
at taking pills, so that went off without a hitch. Plus, she's eating!
Candi, my wife, put Mysti up on the washing machine with some yummy wet food
and Mysti just went to town, purring so hard the washer rattled.

She's so funny when she eats. She actually kneads the ground and purrs at
the top of her ... uh, lungs, or whatever a cat uses to purr. My guess is
that she remembers starving as a baby and just loves to eat. Marari has his
own bowl next to hers, and I've watched the following episode happen several
times:

Marari will be eating out of his bowl, and Mysti will come up next to him.
He'll raise his head and look at her, then move back away from his bowl.
Mysti will move over and start eating out of Marari's bowl, then start her
purring and kneading routine, utterly lost in the bliss of eating.

Meanwhile, Marari will just sit there and look at her... you can almost see
him shaking his head incredulously. After a bit, he'll move over and start
eating out of her bowl. Mysti just keeps on eating and kneading and
purring, completely oblivious.

--
__ ___ _____ __ ____ _ ____ _ \
/ \\ _\ \ __ )||/_ _| \ | . \ | | \ Blessings, \|/

A man is not where he lives, but where he loves. ~ Latin Proverb

Old February 29th 04, 09:57 AM
polonca12000

I'm so glad to hear Mysti is doing well.
Best wishes, purrs and healing vibes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Aerlinn" wrote in message
Don't know if everyone read my earlier post, but we have two kittles,

Marari
and Mysti. We just had Mysti spayed yesterday, and I wanted to thank
everyone for their purrs on her recovery.

She's doing great. snip

Old February 29th 04, 12:45 PM
Karen Chuplis

Glad she is recovering well. My cat Sugar was so miserable after her spay I
asked for a pain pill. I've never had to do that before, but she acted much
worse than any of our other cats even the next morning. I was up with her
all night. We ended up just doing the one half, which really made a huge
difference and then by the time that wore off, she seemed to handle if fine
on her own. It's nice they care about each other so much

Karen

Old February 29th 04, 02:43 PM
Victor Martinez

Awwww.... she sounds really cute.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 29th 04, 02:46 PM
lrulan

We're glad to hear Mysti came through her spay well. Enjoy your furbabies,
they sound adorable.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old February 29th 04, 03:36 PM
Lucy's Mom

That's soooo cute!!!! Glad everything is going so well.....Pics?

Old March 4th 04, 04:43 AM
Aerlinn

"Lucy's Mom" wrote in message
That's soooo cute!!!! Glad everything is going so well.....Pics?

We have some up, just a few, at
http://www.intotheflame.com/blogs/photoblog.html

(check the archives to the right of the page for more)

Jason

Old March 11th 04, 06:28 PM
SUQKRT

In article , "Aerlinn"
wrote:

"Lucy's Mom" wrote in message
That's soooo cute!!!! Glad everything is going so well.....Pics?

We have some up, just a few, at
http://www.intotheflame.com/blogs/photoblog.html

Mysti is one beautiful kitty.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

I've learned to not sweat the petty things, and not pet the sweaty things.