(OT) Angel Food Ministries Part 2

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 26th 09, 04:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default (OT) Angel Food Ministries Part 2

We drove over to the Lutheran church to pick up the food I from Angel Food
Ministries. I cannot believe everything I got for $30! The September
"menu" consisted of three very nice looking 8-oz. ribeye steaks; a package
of chicken breast halves; a bag of chicken thighs; four good sized pork
chops; a package of turkey burgers; a pound of ground beef; fresh frozen
green beans; frozen sweet potatoes; a bag of russet potatoes; a dozen eggs;
a half gallon of 2% milk; a can of frozen orange juice concentrate. You
couldn't walk out of a grocery store with all this food at that price.

It's too bad the web site doesn't mention you should bring your own box or a
cooler. Maybe it's different in different locations. (They had an empty
box for us, thank goodness.) It worked like an assembly line. We slid the
box box down this line of folding tables. Depending on the sticker they
give you when you check in, the volunteers each put something in your box.
One volunteer said, "It's like cafeteria style dining, except everything is
uncooked and frozen". An apt description!

If this service is available in your area I seriously suggest you take
advantage of it. It's available to anyone. The October menu is he

http://www.angelfoodministries.com/menu_0910en2.asp

There's a place on the site to search to see if you can order and pick up in
your area. The only caveat is they have very specific pickup times.

I'll definitely be doing this again. I still can't get over how much food I
got for $30. If I order one of the October boxes I won't have to shop for
the next 6 months! LOL

Jill

(OT) Angel Food Ministries jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 18 August 31st 09 06:31 PM
Homemade cat food: part II [email protected] Cat anecdotes 9 May 9th 07 09:47 PM
Part Lion.. Part Tiger IBen Getiner Cat health & behaviour 7 June 11th 05 03:35 AM
OT - New Angel Cheryl Cat anecdotes 61 December 6th 04 03:56 AM
Josi, part Siamese, part Stegosaurus? Rainy-Day-Laughter Cat anecdotes 10 February 1st 04 04:29 PM