Cat IQ test.

Old March 3rd 04, 12:44 AM
Hans Schrøder

"LynC" wrote in message
"Don & Lisa" wrote in message
. com...

Stolen from another news group. I thought this was interesting. You might
have some fun. My Max scored 102. Funny because he is a short hair Manx,
which had the highest average score for breeds. Well I said he was cute, I
never said he was smart.

Head butts to all, Lisa.

Dog or Cat IQ Test

http://www.hollywoodpaws.com/testing/

couldn't get it using dial-up

I tried it on my two Devon Rex cats, they both scored 104... What does it
matter, anyway? They are intelligent enough to be real cats, a combination
of affectionate cats, and completely insane cats, it depends upon the
situation.

IMO, as long as they can eat, drink, groom themselves, use the litter box,
play with me and eachother and give me headbutts and be lap cats once in a
while, and dont hurt eachother, they are intelligent to me...

And don't forget, the most stupid cat in a human's opinion, may be the best
parent out of all...

Hans

Old March 3rd 04, 01:08 AM

Victor Martinez wrote:

Well, I wasn't about to take the test 7 times, so I just averaged their
120..

Wow, if I had 7 cats with that high an average intelligence, I'd be
afraid!

Joyce
Old March 3rd 04, 04:43 AM
LOL

--

Mike is also (half) short-haired Manx, and he scored 112, but I don't
believe it. Mikey's not stupid, but he is not a smart kitty, either.

------
Krista
Old March 3rd 04, 07:24 AM
Marina

"CATherine" wrote

The test for cats seems to be geared to curiosity and activeness.
Sheba scored only 90; but I bet she would have scored a bit higher
when she was young and active.

Exactly what I was thinking when I filled in the test - this is for young
cats. Many years ago, Frank and Nikki would have scored much higher, but
these days, they just don't get that excited very often. And some questions
were just stupid. The water bowl is never empty around here. My cats know
I'm a vegetarian, so they don't come running when I open the fridge door -
they know there is seldom any6thing interesting to them there. Nikki never
ever wakes me up - she sits back and lets Frank do the dirty work. And so
on. (Of course, this has nothing to do with the fact that Frank only scored
99 and Nikki 100. ;o) *I* know exactly how smart they are.)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old March 4th 04, 03:55 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old March 8th 04, 08:39 PM
Jette Goldie

"John F. Eldredge" wrote in message

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 03:00:56 GMT, Victor Martinez

Wow, if I had 7 cats with that high an average intelligence, I'd
be afraid!

I am...

Better watch out that they don't learn how to use can openers. You
might end up redundant.

Why would they when they already have us to do it
for them?

Cats will not reveal their superior intelligence until
Mankind wipes itself out.

--
Jette
"Work for Peace and remain Fiercely Loving" - Jim Byrnes

http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Old March 10th 04, 09:15 PM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

test SUQKRT Cat anecdotes 2 March 8th 04 06:50 PM
The Cat And Cat Slave's Test Duke of URL Cat anecdotes 4 February 9th 04 05:12 AM
test - please ignore Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 2 February 1st 04 01:37 PM
Hey Now! (First visit here) Holy Smokes! 40,000 messages??!! MarkNewbury Cat anecdotes 125 January 7th 04 09:23 PM
Forgive me, Sheba Karen Cat anecdotes 29 December 13th 03 05:22 AM