New home wanted by Sammy

Old March 11th 04, 06:58 AM
jmcquown

LOL wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
LOL wrote:

Yeah, poor Persia gets Purina UR these days, too. But I did manage
to sneak
in a couple of cans of Fancy Feast as long as I give her some UR to
go with
it. And I found cranberry treats for her, which she seems to like.
She's a
sleek 11 lbs. now, rather than 16, which alarmed me at first. Then I
realized hell, she's on the same damn diet I'm on!

Jill

Arggh, I'd meant to ask you about the cranberry treats when you posted
about them recently, but forgot. Where'd you get them? Did your TED
recommend them?
------
Krista

PS: On your diet do you get Fancy Feast on Saturdays? :-P

ROFL No, I don't eat Fancy Feast on Saturdays! If I'm lucky I get taken
out to dinner Well, I haven't been that lucky lately, but I have booked
my flight to Dallas and will be wined and dined for a week!!!!

The cranberry treats I ordered from the Drs. Foster & Smith catalog and the
vet said they were fine. They don't contain ash or magnesium. She only
gets 1 a day, though. But you know, every time I stand up and even *look*
like I'm going in the direction of the kitchen, she's in there meowing her
head off. NO, you can't have another treat!!

Another thing you might ask the vet about is 'barley' for cats. It's
crushed greens, also supposed to be good for cats with UTI problems; I
sprinkle a little tiny bit on Persia's food and she loves it.

Jill

Old March 11th 04, 11:36 AM
Helen Miles

"Steve Touchstone" wrote in message
All those interested in being enslaved by a beautiful three year old,
playful, and LEAN tuxedo kitty, apply to the address below. I will
only agree to live where GOOD food is provided, so applicants need to
provide a menu.

Dear Sammy,

You can fly across the ocean and come and live at my house. I get fed
Rabbit Whiskas
Yummy Highlife (which is 60% pure fish and stuff) and fresh cooked coley
fish at bedtime. And we get yummy dried food like Royal Canin and nutro.

His Royal Feline lordship Tiger.

Old March 11th 04, 05:10 PM
Dan M

Arggh, I'd meant to ask you about the cranberry treats when you posted
about them recently, but forgot. Where'd you get them? Did your TED
recommend them? I finally was able to badger our TED into telling me
how many treats was too many, instead of just saying "none" because
Mike's supposed to eat only UR food; he is by golly going to get a
treat after taking his nasty Tapazole. I am wondering whether the
cranberry treats would slightly lessen TED's disapproval. ;-)

And I was wondering - would those cranberry treats you mentioned happen
to be "craisins"? I've been meaning to see if any of my furgang like those.

Old March 11th 04, 05:38 PM
Denise VanDyke

Dan M wrote:
Arggh, I'd meant to ask you about the cranberry treats when you posted
about them recently, but forgot. Where'd you get them? Did your TED
recommend them? I finally was able to badger our TED into telling me
how many treats was too many, instead of just saying "none" because
Mike's supposed to eat only UR food; he is by golly going to get a
treat after taking his nasty Tapazole. I am wondering whether the
cranberry treats would slightly lessen TED's disapproval. ;-)

And I was wondering - would those cranberry treats you mentioned happen
to be "craisins"? I've been meaning to see if any of my furgang like those.

Brenna likes dried cranberries. A lot. Like she'll mug me for them. I
don't know how they are priced compared to the pet treats, but at least
we can share them.

- Denise

Old March 11th 04, 06:35 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:36:49 +0000 (UTC), "Helen Miles"
wrote:

"Steve Touchstone" wrote in message
All those interested in being enslaved by a beautiful three year old,
playful, and LEAN tuxedo kitty, apply to the address below. I will
only agree to live where GOOD food is provided, so applicants need to
provide a menu.

Dear Sammy,

You can fly across the ocean and come and live at my house. I get fed
Rabbit Whiskas
Yummy Highlife (which is 60% pure fish and stuff) and fresh cooked coley
fish at bedtime. And we get yummy dried food like Royal Canin and nutro.

His Royal Feline lordship Tiger.

Thanks for the great offer. I'll definitely keep you in mind.

Our hoomin brought several different types of cat food home, some
Science Diet and Iams. The fool tried out the SD first. The first
couple days he ended up feeding it all to the monster that lives under
the kitchen sink, but then Momma and Rocky caved and ate some of it.

Then he tried the Iams, and there's a couple flavors that are OK - not
nearly as good as Fancy Feast, but at least it's eatable - except for
that one time he tried to feed it to us straight out of the fridge,
but then he stuck in the microwave so it was OK.

Sooo, for now, things are looking up on the homefront. As long as he
doesn't bring any more of that SD stuff home and remembers not to
serve cold food... well, maybe I'll stay here.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try to get him to bring some of those
home and we can try them out. Hopefully they're stuff that can be
found in this part of Oklahoma. I'll let you know if things don't work
out.

Sammy
(no longer starving - but would be a LOT happier eating my old food)

--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old March 11th 04, 07:30 PM
LOL

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

ROFL No, I don't eat Fancy Feast on Saturdays! If I'm lucky I get taken
out to dinner Well, I haven't been that lucky lately, but I have booked
my flight to Dallas and will be wined and dined for a week!!!!

The cranberry treats I ordered from the Drs. Foster & Smith catalog and the
vet said they were fine. They don't contain ash or magnesium. She only
gets 1 a day, though. But you know, every time I stand up and even *look*
like I'm going in the direction of the kitchen, she's in there meowing her
head off. NO, you can't have another treat!!

Another thing you might ask the vet about is 'barley' for cats. It's
crushed greens, also supposed to be good for cats with UTI problems; I
sprinkle a little tiny bit on Persia's food and she loves it.

Jill

Thanks for this info; the next time I order from Drs. F&S I will get
some of these to try. We may try the barley as well, though Mikey
does eat the grass I grow, and speaking as the litterbox cleaner,
there is such a thing as *too much* fiber. :-P

------
Krista

PS: Have fun on your trip!
Old March 12th 04, 01:53 AM
Seanette Blaylock

Steve Touchstone had some very interesting
things to say about New home wanted by Sammy:

Our hoomin brought several different types of cat food home, some
Science Diet and Iams. The fool tried out the SD first. The first
couple days he ended up feeding it all to the monster that lives under
the kitchen sink, but then Momma and Rocky caved and ate some of it.

I really *like* Science Diet. Well, the Light Maintenance, anyway. My
furless idiots tried to give me the Sensitive Skin kind once. I won by
not eating it until they got worried and got me my Light Maintenance.
[smug grin]

Felix, thinking it's a good thing there are so many kinds of cat food
around to please everycat