Sammy gets the chair

Old October 21st 04, 04:43 AM
Steve Touchstone

Default Sammy gets the chair

Both my girls love to hop up into the computer chair whenever I get
up. Like a lot of desk chairs, you can spin around in it. Some cats
love chairs that spin, others don't, and I have one of each. LB is one
of those who hate spinning chairs. If she happens to be napping in the
computer chair, she jumps out if the chair spins 1/4 spin. Sammy,
OTOH, loves to spin in the chair. She likes it best when I spin it for
her, but she's worked out ways to spin it herself. Sometimes she'll
leap from a table or the couch. If she does it just right she can get
it to spin a couple times. And, if she can reach something she has
been known to push off and keep herself spinning.

A while ago I got up from the computer and went to fix dinner. Sammy
followed to supervise my activities, so LB hopped up on the chair and
commenced to groom herself. By the time Sammy and I came back into the
room LB was settling in for a nap.

When I sat down in the recliner to eat, Sammy hopped up to inspect
food quality. She was disappointed with my dinner tonight, just soup,
chips, and peanut butter and jelly sandwichs. The only thing I was
eating that she liked was BBQ chips. I don't think she really likes
those, either, she just likes for me to hold up a chip was she licks
it.

After I finished eating, I set dishes on the end table. A few minutes
later I noticed that she was on the end table, standing with her back
feet in the bowl, straining to reach the computer chair to start it
spinning. Just as I thought to this was a recipe for diaster, the bowl
started to slide. I managed to catch the dishes and steady her so
nothing hit the floor, then moved the dishes.

As soon as the dishes were out of the way, she easily reached the
chair and gave it a good spin. I had forgotten all about LB napping in
it, but as soon as she spun the chair LB hopped down and Sammy lept
from the table and claimed the chair. LB glared at her for a minute,
while Sammy returned the glare with a smug look. It worked out,
though. LB came over and joined me in the recliner to get some
scritches, then continued her interrupted nap. And Sammy was able to
reach the table and spin herself.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old October 21st 04, 03:40 PM
Marina

Steve Touchstone wrote:
snip

As soon as the dishes were out of the way, she easily reached the
chair and gave it a good spin. I had forgotten all about LB napping in
it, but as soon as she spun the chair LB hopped down and Sammy lept
from the table and claimed the chair. LB glared at her for a minute,
while Sammy returned the glare with a smug look. It worked out,
though. LB came over and joined me in the recliner to get some
scritches, then continued her interrupted nap. And Sammy was able to
reach the table and spin herself.

Sammy's a very clever girl. She deserves the chair!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old October 21st 04, 07:20 PM
Julie Cook

Steve Touchstone wrote:
[...]

LOL! What a smart kittie Sammy is. Of course she was too busy spinning
in circles to notice that LB was happily asleep on your lap, otherwise
Sammy would have abandoned the chair and figured out a way to displace
LB from your lap.

Julie, Hobbes, Selena, Lacey and Sam