Francis has a new name

Old October 29th 08, 03:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default Francis has a new name

I have hot water heat and the boiler isn't big enough for three cats to lay
on but, they do. I think they have a way of hanging onto each other so they
don't fall off.
wrote in message
On Oct 27, 3:20 pm, Magic Mood Jeep © wrote:
We've had the furnace running lately, and I have seen a couple of the
cats not just laying near the air-vents, but actually curled in bliss ON
the air vent, getting nicely baked while napping.

Ah yes....Worshipping the Heat God. All our cats do that. It's a
wonder any heat ever gets into the room...

Deborah
slave to the Magnificents

Old October 29th 08, 07:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Magic Mood Jeep © wrote:
wafflycat wrote:
Mr Oven Glove

Why?

Well, now the weather is turning colder, I've taken to lighting a
coal/wood fire in the hearth. It's quite lovely of an evening. Vernon
& sit there, have a glass of wine.. watch a film... talk... the cats
curl up nearby.

So I'm sat there, in front of a roaring fire, sipping a glass of some
nicely chilled fermented juice of grape. Francis wanders in the room,
sees the fire, walks over me to get to the front of the hearth. He is
standing about a foot from the fire, soaking up the heat, eyes closed
in bliss. Then I notice smoke. The smoke is not coming from the fire.
The smoke is coming from Francis. The side of him facing the fire has
smoldering fur. I move Francis out of the way. I get the feline look
of death. Francis tries to get back to where he was sitting in front
of the fire. Obviously he is not content with a mere smolder... Talk
about a cat that likes heat on a cold late autumn evening! He is not
best pleased that I have removed him...

Cats............ not the musical

We've had the furnace running lately, and I have seen a couple of the
cats not just laying near the air-vents, but actually curled in bliss ON
the air vent, getting nicely baked while napping.

And effectively preventing the heat from reaching their humans?

Old October 29th 08, 07:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Kreisleriana wrote:
"wafflycat" wrote in message
[...]

Poor Francis. He's such a character. Chasing chickens and immolating
himself.

"Chasing chickens"? Isn't he the cat who seems to think he IS a chicken?

Old October 29th 08, 08:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Magic Mood Jeep © wrote:
wafflycat wrote:
[...]

That would be the second benefit (from the cat's point of view) LOL

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old November 2nd 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

wafflycat wrote:
[...]

Great story! I'm so glad to hear Francis is doing so well.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Francis LOL? Victor Martinez[_2_] Cat anecdotes 6 August 24th 08 11:13 AM
Francis wafflycat Cat anecdotes 8 March 24th 06 04:05 AM
why doesn't Francis look truly Dead Democrat Cat anecdotes 0 September 11th 05 02:22 PM
Francis dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 22 November 22nd 04 07:00 PM
Francis dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 0 November 3rd 04 12:59 PM