(?)

Old October 29th 08, 03:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

Default (?)

On Oct 29, 11:00*am, "Granby" wrote:
Thanks, will try that. *I don't have ketchup, only salsa!

Not salsa, nothing that spicy. If you have salsa that is mild enough
to give to a dog, throw it out. It isn't salsa worthy of the name. If
we were on the other ng, WooToo would tell you about accidently
getting something too spicy.

--
Will in New Haven

"Will in New Haven" wrote in ...
On Oct 28, 11:18 pm, "Granby" wrote: Thanks will give the kibble a try. Scooter (RB) would eat any kind of
food.
Sadie just, like you said, got spoiled that month she was at the rest
area.
Until we caught her, she never left the area where she must have gotten
left. I still can't believe no one has called the state police about her.

Old October 29th 08, 03:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Will in New Haven wrote:
On Oct 28, 11:18 pm, "Granby" wrote:
Thanks will give the kibble a try. Scooter (RB) would eat any kind of food.
Sadie just, like you said, got spoiled that month she was at the rest area.
Until we caught her, she never left the area where she must have gotten
left. I still can't believe no one has called the state police about her.

Someone suggested water on the kibble. Snowball (RB) wasn't a problem
eater but she would _dance_ when she saw me putting warm water and and
a little ketchup on her kibble. She clearly liked it better than any
canned food when I did that and it's only rival was
"whateveryoureating."

--
Will in New Haven

I have never tried ketchup on kibble. I'll give it a try (in a small
amount). TuTu does NOT have to be encouraged to eat! MLB
Old October 29th 08, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

So go there and tell me anyway. Also, I don't think the dog would actually
eat the salsa I have. It won't blow the top of your head off but it is a
bit stout for the rest of this bunch. I actually bought a bottle of ketchup
on the way home this afternoon.

Old October 29th 08, 07:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Granby wrote:
Is there something about cats can't eat dog food or dogs can't eat cat food,
or shouldn't? Seems I heard something like that.

SFAIK, the only problem is that dog food does not fulfill a cat's
nutritional needs, and cat food is much too rich for a dog.

I want Sadie to eat dry, not wet all the time. Have tried three kinds and
she won't eat the dry. Tonight, I heard her chomping away on the cat food.
Which, by the way some cat had pushed to the edge of their table so she
could reach it. Thought I remembered something about one shouldn't eat one
or the other.

Yep, dogs seem to prefer catfood, when given a choice, but you'll have a
rather plump pooch if you give in to that preference! An occasional
pilfered mouthful shouldn't hurt the dog, but I suspect only a starving
cat would have much interest in dogfood. (Although, cats being cats,
I'm sure someone has a cat who won't touch anything but dog kibble.)
Old November 3rd 08, 12:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Jofirey" wrote in message

It funny how often cats will feed the family dog. I've never seen a dog
give anything to a cat.

Our problem used to be the walnut tree over the driveway. It seems dogs
love walnuts. (And avocados, but that is another story).

Now most dogs are a bit careless about whether what they are eating is in
fact good for them. Also careless about the amount of something they
really like that they will eat.

Harvest season was bad enough. Lots of the walnuts would crack when they
fell on our driveway. But we could sweep those up. Worse was the birds
that like walnuts. They would find whole walnuts in the orchard all year
long, carry them up high into the air and drop them on our driveway to
shell them. Every time the dogs got out they had to go check for
leftovers. Much too fattening for four pound poodles.

We feed Neutro Max weight control to the inside cats and cheap fattening
food to the outside cats. So the cats have taught Speedy the d-thing to rip
open the bag of outdoor cat food and share it with them. Speedy was also
put on a diet this last month. His ribs are getting a little padded.

We had a walnut tree in our front yard at one of the houses we lived in.
The squirrels would wait for Muffin to step out and then throw green walnuts
at him. In the fall, the nuts would fall down on the metal roof of our
house and visitors would jump and look startled when they'd hear "Bang,
thump, thump, thump, thump" at irregular intervals. Wind storms were
particularly funny.

Pam S. who has a warped sense of humor.