thanks for the idea...

Old August 4th 07, 06:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

Default thanks for the idea...

....of the ping-pong ball as a cat toy.
Happened to be in a store that sells all kinds of stuff fairly cheaply,
and they also had ping-pong balls. Bought a package and gave one to
Nico. Now Nico's chasing the ball all around the apartment...

Gave one to Laku too, of course, but he's not so interested in toys.
He's got two toys he plays with, a mousie filled with something that
rattles and covered with spotty fabric, I call it the Leopard mouse, and
his "girlfriend", a long, real fur covered "mousie", which I call
Barbara. (some of you may recognize the name from old x-rated inflatable
dolls...)

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old August 4th 07, 07:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Christine K. wrote:
...of the ping-pong ball as a cat toy.
Happened to be in a store that sells all kinds of stuff fairly
cheaply, and they also had ping-pong balls. Bought a package and gave
one to Nico. Now Nico's chasing the ball all around the apartment...

Gave one to Laku too, of course, but he's not so interested in toys.
He's got two toys he plays with, a mousie filled with something that
rattles and covered with spotty fabric, I call it the Leopard mouse,
and his "girlfriend", a long, real fur covered "mousie", which I call
Barbara. (some of you may recognize the name from old x-rated
inflatable dolls...)

A game I sometimes play with a ping-pong ball is to ping it across the floor
by pressing on one side to get backspin, by the time the cat reaches it it's
on its way back.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 4th 07, 07:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Christine K. wrote:

...of the ping-pong ball as a cat toy.
Happened to be in a store that sells all kinds of stuff fairly cheaply,
and they also had ping-pong balls. Bought a package and gave one to
Nico. Now Nico's chasing the ball all around the apartment...

Gave one to Laku too, of course, but he's not so interested in toys.
He's got two toys he plays with, a mousie filled with something that
rattles and covered with spotty fabric, I call it the Leopard mouse, and
his "girlfriend", a long, real fur covered "mousie", which I call
Barbara. (some of you may recognize the name from old x-rated inflatable
dolls...)

Only trouble with ping-pong balls is they can be treacherous
underfoot! (But anything that rolls can be, and they're not
quite so bad as golf-balls, if you're heavy enough so they
can collapse when you step on them.)
Old August 4th 07, 07:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Christine K. wrote:
...of the ping-pong ball as a cat toy.
Happened to be in a store that sells all kinds of stuff fairly
cheaply, and they also had ping-pong balls. Bought a package and gave
one to Nico. Now Nico's chasing the ball all around the apartment...

Gave one to Laku too, of course, but he's not so interested in toys.
He's got two toys he plays with, a mousie filled with something that
rattles and covered with spotty fabric, I call it the Leopard mouse,
and his "girlfriend", a long, real fur covered "mousie", which I call
Barbara. (some of you may recognize the name from old x-rated
inflatable dolls...)

There was an episode of M*A*S*H that showed a newsreel of Dagwood the ping
pong playing cat. I've been unsucessful in digging up the newsreel footage
but it is from around the late 1950's. The cat was a genious at ping pong

Jill

Old August 4th 07, 08:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Sat, 04 Aug 2007 20:45:57 +0300, Christine K. wrote:

...of the ping-pong ball as a cat toy. Happened to be in a store that
sells all kinds of stuff fairly cheaply, and they also had ping-pong
balls. Bought a package and gave one to Nico. Now Nico's chasing the ball
all around the apartment...

Gave one to Laku too, of course, but he's not so interested in toys. He's
got two toys he plays with, a mousie filled with something that rattles
and covered with spotty fabric, I call it the Leopard mouse, and his
"girlfriend", a long, real fur covered "mousie", which I call Barbara.
(some of you may recognize the name from old x-rated inflatable dolls...)

I used to buy ping pong balls for Princess (RB16). Be careful of the
shards when you step on them. MLB

Old August 5th 07, 02:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lisa Katt[_2_]

"Adrian A" skrev i meddelandet
om...

A game I sometimes play with a ping-pong ball is to ping it across the
floor by pressing on one side to get backspin, by the time the cat reaches
it it's on its way back.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart