OT-Aches and pains

Old December 31st 08, 02:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Default OT-Aches and pains

I have been suffering with a sore upper back and sore muscles for the
last ten days. At first I blamed snow shovelling. Per my
dermatologist, I have been applying Aldara to a small lesion on my lower
leg. After googling Aldara, I learned that back ache and muscle pains
are common side effects from Aldara. Another week and a half and I can
stop the applications. Damn these prescription medications. Last year
I was having heartburn and chest pains - caused by Fosamax (which I
discontinued). Luckily the cats are fine.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old December 31st 08, 06:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
William Hamblen[_2_]

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 09:06:36 -0800 (PST), hopitus
wrote:

My point: drugs of any kind, for any purpose, can and may stab you in
the "whatever"

It is a truism that if a drug didn't have side effects it wouldn't
have a central effect, either.

Bud
Old December 31st 08, 07:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

hopitus wrote;

I have no idea what Aldara is, and I'm
not gonna google it to
find out, but you already found out its
side effect *on you* and it was not good.
The only good thing about this matter is
that there are alternatives - either same
"family" of drug, or maybe even
same-purpose/different "family" drug
which *doesn't"
have that effect on you.

Aldara is a very powerful topical ointment that is used to treat skin
cancers. There is no alternative. I will have to "suffer" with the
pains until the three week treatment is completed. I only apply a tiny
amount at bedtime and wash it off in the morning.

Old December 31st 08, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Amen to what you just said. I almost lost my breath when he said "Another
week and a half and I can stop the applications." Lord help us by then he
may not be able to move. He needs to call his Doctor NOW.

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Dec 31, 7:01 am, (---MIKE---) wrote:
I have been suffering with a sore upper back and sore muscles for the
last ten days. At first I blamed snow shovelling. Per my
dermatologist, I have been applying Aldara to a small lesion on my lower
leg. After googling Aldara, I learned that back ache and muscle pains
are common side effects from Aldara. Another week and a half and I can
stop the applications. Damn these prescription medications. Last year
I was having heartburn and chest pains - caused by Fosamax (which I
discontinued). Luckily the cats are fine. ---MIKE---In
the White Mountains of New Hampshire

(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

You're so right on target! Rx meds (as well as OTC meds) can and *do*
give you
varied side effects. I have no idea what Aldara is, and I'm not gonna
google it to
find out, but you already found out its side effect *on you* and it
was not good.
The only good thing about this matter is that there are alternatives -
either same
"family" of drug, or maybe even same-purpose/different "family" drug
which *doesn't"
have that effect on you.
Another reg of rpca recently posted she was seeing things that aren't
there, and
for some reason felt it necessary to apologize for it here. AFAIC
*any* drug, for
*any* medical purpose, could do strange things to you, either
initially or on a
continued basis.
When I began, years ago, to take my regimen of BP meds, they gave me
unpleasant
G.I. side effects but I found *with this instance* that persistence
and patience on my
part relulted in eventual relief from G.I. distress (I was more
interested in not stroking
out like members of immediate family from high BP than my digestive
system results).
Here's wishing you prompt relief from your pain and a happier New Year
for you and
the short furry people up there in the *pretty green* mountains.
My point: drugs of any kind, for any purpose, can and may stab you in
the "whatever"
so don't waste any time reporting such to your doc. Not at your next
doc visit, but *on
the phone*.

Old January 1st 09, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

---MIKE--- wrote:

Aldara is a very powerful topical ointment that is used to treat skin
cancers. There is no alternative. I will have to "suffer" with the
pains until the three week treatment is completed. I only apply a tiny
amount at bedtime and wash it off in the morning.

Oh, it's a form of chemotherapy, essentially. Even though it's topical,
obviously it does get into your system. Cancer drugs usually do have
pretty strong side effects, since after all, their purpose is to kill
living cells.

Purrs for you to get through the treatment without too much more pain!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old January 1st 09, 02:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Best of luck and I hope the medicine does its job without any lasting
problems for you.
"hopitus" wrote in message
On Dec 31, 12:24 pm, (---MIKE---) wrote:
hopitus wrote;

I have no idea what Aldara is, and I'm
not gonna google it to
find out, but you already found out its
side effect *on you* and it was not good.
The only good thing about this matter is
that there are alternatives - either same
"family" of drug, or maybe even
same-purpose/different "family" drug
which *doesn't"
have that effect on you.

Aldara is a very powerful topical ointment that is used to treat skin
cancers. There is no alternative. I will have to "suffer" with the
pains until the three week treatment is completed. I only apply a tiny
amount at bedtime and wash it off in the morning.

---MIKE---In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Wow. That is one powerful drug in topical form. Hope it succeeds
in its purpose. Hang in there, Mike and best wishes for a better
new 2009.

Growing pains Marina Cat anecdotes 4 November 6th 05 09:17 PM
Claudius: Growing Pains Exocat Cat anecdotes 2 October 4th 05 02:20 PM
he might converse sad aches, do you promise them Jimmie Cat anecdotes 0 September 12th 05 11:49 AM
almost no raindrops will be lazy fat aches Refined Redhead Cat anecdotes 0 September 11th 05 04:01 PM
Ugh - my body aches. (long & mostly OT) Magic Mood Jeep© Cat anecdotes 3 April 4th 05 03:58 AM