Why do they mess?

Old February 24th 05, 07:13 PM
Roy Walker

Default Why do they mess?

I have two cats and one of them occasionally messes in the house ( they
are both outside cats). This cat has ruined the carpet in one of the
bedrooms with a strong urine aroma as well as depositing faeces. These
are both spayed queens. We have considered whether she has been
frightened by a tomcat, but the other has shown no sign of distress.
Any suggestion will be welcomed.

--
Roy Walker
Old April 1st 05, 06:17 AM
Thomas Smith

There are several possible explanations as to why one of your cats doesn't
use the litterbox occasionally. First, have the cat checked with your vet
to rule out any medical problems. If your cat is aging, she may find it
harder and harder to make it to the litterbox on time. If your cat is
healthy, there could be many simple issues. It could be your cat is marking
her territory. It could also be that your other cat is interfering with
your problem cat's litterbox usage. You may need to get a new litterbox and
place it closer to where your messy cat hangs out. It could also be that
your messy cat doesn't like the litter, or even the cleanliness of the
litterbox.

--
I'm Tom Smith, and I approved this message.

I'm in uh mess! Mary Lu Cat community 6 October 3rd 04 05:58 AM
Kitten Makes A Mess When He Poops Nhmiller Cat health & behaviour 3 August 26th 04 08:20 PM
Don't mess with our routiene jemifur Cat anecdotes 20 July 2nd 04 08:56 PM