Neutered female acts like she wants to be mounted?

Old May 9th 13, 05:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

Default Neutered female acts like she wants to be mounted?

There's a female outside that acts like she wants to be mounted.
Seriously. Calling out and stuff. I'm wondering if it could be
neutered, or is that behavior only in an intact cat?

Thanks.
Old May 9th 13, 08:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
chaniarts[_2_]

On 5/9/2013 9:08 AM, John Doe wrote:
There's a female outside that acts like she wants to be mounted.
Seriously. Calling out and stuff. I'm wondering if it could be
neutered, or is that behavior only in an intact cat?

Thanks.

i have an inside only rescue cat that was a breeder. neutered years ago,
and still flirts, rubs up against the other males, sticks her tail in
their faces, etc.

it's probably a partially-learned, partially instinctive behavior.
Old May 9th 13, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
buglady[_2_]

On 5/9/2013 3:01 PM, chaniarts wrote:
On 5/9/2013 9:08 AM, John Doe wrote:
There's a female outside that acts like she wants to be mounted.
Seriously. Calling out and stuff. I'm wondering if it could be
neutered, or is that behavior only in an intact cat?

Thanks.

i have an inside only rescue cat that was a breeder. neutered years ago,
and still flirts, rubs up against the other males, sticks her tail in
their faces, etc.

it's probably a partially-learned, partially instinctive behavior.

Or they didn't get all of the ovaries out and she's still cycling.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old May 9th 13, 11:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MLB[_4_]

On Thu, 09 May 2013 16:08:33 +0000, John Doe wrote:

There's a female outside that acts like she wants to be mounted.
Seriously. Calling out and stuff. I'm wondering if it could be neutered,
or is that behavior only in an intact cat?

Thanks.

I read that they don't lose the "urge" just the "ability". MLB
Old May 10th 13, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

MLB wrote:
On Thu, 09 May 2013 16:08:33 +0000, John Doe wrote:

There's a female outside that acts like she wants to be mounted.
Seriously. Calling out and stuff. I'm wondering if it could be
neutered, or is that behavior only in an intact cat?

Thanks.

I read that they don't lose the "urge" just the "ability". MLB

They lose the urge. They go from whining incessantly and rolling around on
the floor, to completely unconcerned.

Old May 10th 13, 03:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

"Bill Graham" weg9 comcast.net wrote:

MLB wrote:
John Doe wrote:

There's a female outside that acts like she wants to be
mounted. Seriously. Calling out and stuff. I'm wondering if it
could be neutered, or is that behavior only in an intact cat?

I read that they don't lose the "urge" just the "ability".
MLB

They lose the urge. They go from whining incessantly and rolling
around on the floor, to completely unconcerned.

Can you provide a citation for that?